Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerthex

doom comic level

Breezeep said:

Seriously? This looks like something I could make within a few minutes.

the map editor i use is not that easy to use. but its the only one for mac that doesn't crash. and the limited pictures i have of the doom comic surroundings

anyway i updated it

Using a mac for games is like using a phone for games.

Is this why you make such bland maps? Because you couldn't play through some decent wads once in a while? That's no excuse, either keep practicing for yourself or get a PC.
You make so many threads like this and they all fade away because nobody's interested and you still never learn.

Zerthex said:

the map editor i use is not that easy to use.

Out of curiosity, what editor are you using?

^ Eh, Eureka really isn't all that hard to use. It's a lot slower and more limited than DB2/GZDB, sure, but I think it's a decent substitute for if you absolutely can't run other editors.

Zerthex, I'd say you need to spend more than a couple hours on your maps. "Two hours" really isn't all that much to make something good, at least for newer authors. These things take time and effort, man! Focus on improving as much as possible, take more time and create something you can be proud of!

AD_79 said:

^ Eh, Eureka really isn't all that hard to use. It's a lot slower and more limited than DB2/GZDB, sure, but I think it's a decent substitute for if you absolutely can't run other editors.

Zerthex, I'd say you need to spend more than a couple hours on your maps. "Two hours" really isn't all that much to make something good, at least for newer authors. These things take time and effort, man! Focus on improving as much as possible, take more time and create something you can be proud of!

ok

joe-ilya said:

yes, there are plenty of games you can play on your phone.

As some useful criticism: Take a closer look on the pictures in the comic, you'll notice that your level doesn't even comes close to what kind of detail is shown in there. That's one start for improving.

Also because it took you 2 hours, doesn't make it any good. As an example: I've been reading up on DOOM level editing and such since a month or so and wouldn't even say I'm at a point where I'd release anything.

That doesn't means you shouldn't get feedback on your maps, that's totally fine, but make sure to tell people that it's still work in progress.

joe-ilya said:

Is this why you make such bland maps? Because you couldn't play through some decent wads once in a while? That's no excuse, either keep practicing for yourself or get a PC.
You make so many threads like this and they all fade away because nobody's interested and you still never learn.

i cant just buy a computer you know! at the moment i'm really fucking poor!

Man, the doom guy in the comic sure talks a lot of shit.... I mean like ALOT of cringe worthy shit. Its like hes trying to be as cool as Duke. But failing hard and talking to himself. I know the comic was made in 96.... But jesus. I would have preferred a silent doom guy.

Jimp Argon said:

Man, the doom guy in the comic sure talks a lot of shit.... I mean like ALOT of cringe worthy shit. Its like hes trying to be as cool as Duke. But failing hard and talking to himself. I know the comic was made in 96.... But jesus. I would have preferred a silent doom guy.

The whole comic was just a joke, why else do you think he says stupid shit?

PseudoGold said:

The whole comic was just a joke, why else do you think he says stupid shit?

Well it was 96.... I figured at that time they actually thought it sounded cool and were being 100% serious while doing the writing for it.

Zerthex said:

... oh but this took me hours to make

My current map has about 100 hours of work behind it. It's still half-way done, looks and plays like crap.

If you're going to make something in less than 10 hours, you can honestly call it a speedmap.

It was meant to sound retarded like that. There were plenty of other comic books that had real dialogue and stuff.