Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiger

[Invasion] Shadowmaker - Released!

Shadowmaker contains one map and utilizes Zandronum's Invasion game mode. This small project utilizes some of TGRDM3's aesthetics, with that said - this map will require the OpenGL renderer provided in the GZDoom engine. With that said, Dynamic Lights are recommended to be used, but not completely required. If incase Dynamic Lights is disabled in the player's settings, the 'Light FallBack Mode' will automatically execute - which will illuminate the entire map. Without this feature, the map will simply be too dark and unplayable, but keep in mind that this map is intended to be played with Dynamic lights. Furthermore, this small project utilizes Shane Strife's. Through out some of the waves, the music track will change to another song automatically -- providing a new feel of the incoming waves without being bored with the same-ol' feeling. In addition, this is a submission to the Zandronum Community's invasion project, Invasion Unleashed - Evil Within. Unsure if this will actually be part of the project or not.

Technically, this map is finished - but waiting on a few issues to be corrected in the Zandronum 3.0 [Beta] engine.

Known Issues:

Requirements:Links:

Let's just pretend someone is a n00b and they can't figure out how to open this, but they really want to play. How would that - hypothetical - n00b do it?

Addendum: I tried dragging the map, with Skulltag_actors.pk3 into Zan 3.0, but there are missing textures.

everennui said:

Let's just pretend someone is a n00b and they can't figure out how to open this, but they really want to play. How would that - hypothetical - n00b do it?

Addendum: I tried dragging the map, with Skulltag_actors.pk3 into Zan 3.0, but there are missing textures.

Read my reply here

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=7615

Basically you will need the "skulltag_content2.1a" which he provides a link to in his original post under "requirements" / "SkullTag Resources"

Alright. I read that and downloaded skulltag_content2.1a.pk3

I tried loading these three files, but I'm still missing textures. I see that there are textures in the .zip file, but I'm not sure what to do with them.

It's just as easy as dragging the whole zip into Zandronum with the skulltag content. This is a really cool map to play. I've never actually played an invasion map. It's a little dark on my oldschool monitor, but raising the gamma helps a little bit.

Honestly... I thought it was the authors mistake. I haven't seen a Zandronum 4.0 download.... I mean I clearly see his link. But there is no download that I could find.

The dev build is Zandronum 3.0 is the one I am using and it works perfectly fine. I would just stick with that one.

Shadowmaker is now available on /idgames archive! Special thanks to everyone for testing this map out and providing feedback! Also a special shout out to Shane Strife for making an awesome music collection, you can check out Shane's stuff here!