Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is a short level I made for GZDoom and Doom II: Hell on Earth after I found out you could use more than one tag on a sector. This map was built and tested with GZDoom 2.2pre. It won't work with lower versions because of the 3D Floor Arrays that are used.

A few people have said the intro sucks, but I - respectfully - disagree.

You jump out of bed because you've just woken up inside your worst nightmare. There is a, "jumpscare" in here.

Let me know where to send you new under pants.

You'll need the Blood Resource Pack Build: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/combos/bloodrpb1

New Download Renamed to avoid conflict with other existing maps.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v29mcrjhdptdo6j/dream666.wad

Special Thanks: Scifista42 for helping with the fire rendering on the stove.

Credits: ^

Addendum(s): New link.

Edit(s): Changed, "jumpscare" to a parenthetical statement.

joe-ilya said:

Not going to play this BTW, because jumpscare.

I played it and I didn't notice any jump scares.... Its actually pretty short as well.

Also in the start, if you crouch you will clip under the bed. The Archvile will not attack you and you cannot attack it. Also you cannot escape the bed if you do this.

But other then that its not too bad. Short, but not exactly terrible.

Jimp Argon said:

Also in the start, if you crouch you will clip under the bed. The Archvile will not attack you and you cannot attack it. Also you cannot escape the bed if you do this.

Damn! I didn't think to crouch. Thanks for pointing that out.

Unless the very start of the map is a jumpscare, I didn't found any...

I love how you can just ignore the Arch Vile.

As for the map, it's... ok. Excellent architecture, technically speaking, but the default textures really don't work for what you were trying to do. Oh, and that oven was lovely.

Albertoni said:

I love how you can just ignore the Arch Vile.

I've found that about 25% of the time he doesn't follow you. I think I'll give him Thing_Hate.

Death Egg said:

That ovens among the best real world objects I've seen made using stock Doom textures.

Thanks.

joe-ilya said:

That's not a bad dream, that's a bad dream :

That appears to be, TEETH.wad. This: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/a-c/baddream is baddream.wad/Bad Dream

I've renamed it dream666.wad as not to conflict with any other names if I decide to put this in the archive/it gets selected.

Other changes:

- Gave the Archvile, "Hatred"
- Put the shotgun guys (with Hate) in a delay before they teleport.
- Created MAPINFO Lump (Changed music to, "Demon's Dead" and named map, "Bad Dream" and gave an overly generous par time of 90 seconds.)