Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoguy

The Potato Crique Corner

Hello one and all! Welcome to the Potato’s critique corner and fun maps list!
VERY FUN MAPS!

Spoiler

Jcoop XGEVPPY5 - Very solid solo/coop map with a damn challenging run through. It’s tough, but the type of tough that can be done. Best played with others!
Phobos Action Lab UJMNPUF7 – It doesn’t have checkpoints or great music, but the sheer onslaught of demons and especially revenants makes this a fun solo experience! Challenging, but doable!
Engineering Bay 24 3W289EC4 – Forgot what made this map fun, but I remember it! Will edit this later.
Tower of glass QKPAAUC9 – WINDOWS. Short map with simple battles, but the map design alone is reason enough to give this a go. A map you should really see in editing to believe!
Candyland 8XDUXY5Q – A colorful tour through hell with a LOT of zombie security! Has solid replay ability for better scoring! However it’s somewhat tough in navigation.
Doomness Pt1 EKYH3U72 – IF you can ignore the one/life run this map’s got, then it’s a pretty hectic map! Very great use of FXs, sound, and enemy ramp-up difficulty! Also changing goal placements!
STRONGHOLD QCA7N2PG – An endless fight against hordes of demonic bastards with a base to defend. Random events, a good amount of variety, and solid action. However it IS ENDLESS, so the flare may die out.(OUTDATED. Will edit in due time)

I decided to make this thread for 2 reasons:
    ONE – to have a go-to list of favorite maps I can refer to replay, OR for other players to enjoy! I’m quite surprised such a thread hasn’t been done yet: of a thread that contains the best snapmaps in the forums and other places! This includes maps in Snapmaphub.com (which I have yet to try), maps in this lovely forum, or just maps I came across in Doom itself!
    TWO – to be a spot for people to send me maps to try! There’s a bunch of maps people here have created, and I want to get the chance to play them whenever possible!! My motto goes “If you have the time to make it, I have the time to play it” Cause having no one play your map sucks! I KNOW!

When I’m done playing said map, I’ll give a critique of how I experienced the map!
NOW REMEMBER: this is what I, ME, MYSELF, AND I, see as fun, which can differ from person to person. I’ve been doing reviews of other people’s map, which depicts how I critique maps (and why I’m motivated to do this thread to begin with). I critique things in my wording, which can sometimes feel insulting. It sucks that’s how I give honest, true-to-heart opinions of how I feel of a map. These critiques are NOT to say your map is shit, no! It’s just to say what can be done better. What ideas/opinions I can bestow to help your maps become greater. If there’s a bug, I’ll tell it. If there’s a boring part of a segment, I’ll mention it. I tell whatever needs improvement, or whatever part of the map impressed me. This is how I critique:
Spoiler

Gameplay - How fun is it playing the map?
Map Design - How creative/intricate is the map? How often do you get lost? Is the objective of the map clear?
Sound - How good is the music? How fitting is the song/sounds place in the map?
Difficulty - How hard is it? Is it a justifiable hard?
Uniqueness - How much does this map stand out compare to others? What does it have that makes it a defining map compare to the masses?
Technicality - How buggy is the map/if at all? Do they get in the way of enjoyment? What can be improved upon? What programming ideas have been done here that haven’t been done in others?

I hope that this thread of collective reviews/list of fun maps can help spark the other people who made the maps to get more people try them out. That’s a tongue twister, but in a nutshell: I play maps to have fun with them, and with this thread, give more publicity to said maps. I will play more maps as I go, whether from repliers of this thread, or just others from the Snapmap thread itself!

Jcoop, That name reminds me a lot of those Half-Life 2 Deathmatch boring JCoop maps about killing endless monster spawns lol .