Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWizard

Dude made a 20 minute Doom parody

It reminds me somehow of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3lc0CeKDY
(you won't understand most of it if you have no clue about 40K)

Same level of "humor".

They put quite some effort into it, and are pulling one fan service regarding other series after another.

Yet I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of it, because it simply is not my kind of humor. I not even chuckled. Trying too hard to be funny. This, of course, is totally MHO, and I'm sure others will love it.

Still two thumbs up for the effort! Just not my taste.

Eh, it's alright. The production value is like that of a decent Newgrounds animation, but the writting feels like it was done by someone without much talent in comedy. It's also a bit too long, but that's just me.

tuo said:

It reminds me somehow of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT3lc0CeKDY
(you won't understand most of it if you have no clue about 40K)

Same level of "humor".

They put quite some effort into it, and are pulling one fan service regarding other series after another.

Yet I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of it, because it simply is not my kind of humor. I not even chuckled. Trying too hard to be funny. This, of course, is totally MHO, and I'm sure others will love it.

Still two thumbs up for the effort! Just not my taste.

Yeah I didn't really find it all that funny either. Still, got to appreciate the effort. That guy should maybe get a writer 'cause obviously he's pretty skilled on the art side.

It's not great, but I was really amused (maybe too much) by the European accents and fractured English phrasing.

Oh hey, cool! I saw the teaser trailer for this and thought when he would upload it. Gonna have to check this out soon.

The teaser was a bit strange though...

Edit: ok I watched and it is not so bad.
I spotted Gordan Freeman, Master Chief, Sergeant Johnson, Scorpion and Doomguy(woohoo)
It is like "strange" humour really. Like the cartoons these days.

Basically, everyone is mad except the black haired dude.

"failure", lol.

It was actually pretty cool animation wise IMO, all the old throwbacks from doom, doom 3, etc were neat. The opening shot going into Mars looked cool, really liked the art direction. I just think the issue is doom and comedy don't ever blend well for the masses, still a great attempt at making anything related to Doom.

The DoomGuy intro though, that was just some badass scene rather than comedy, loved it hahaha.
Or when he was like "Rip-and-tear motherfucker", I was expecting an awesome scene but sadly he was killed off like nothing :(.

Awesome art and animation, terrible humour and story.
He should cut the overall length down to roughly 5-10 minutes and focus on making it short and badass.
To see some animation of similar calibre done right, look up Happy Harry.

Solid Plissken, dude.

there's this crazy new invention called 'edit button'. It was just implemented a literal 10 years ago and as such it's still in beta phase, but trust me, it does work as intended.

I enjoyed it. Some of the jokes are hit and miss while much of the implementation missed the mark morso. However the drawings, animations and references has lots of love.

The animation kinda sucks. They basically took really gorgeous assets and just tweened them. Personally, when it comes to the trade off, simpler character models with full animation is more attractive than extremely detailed characters with limited movement. Most of the motion is excruciatingly slow and nearly all of the jokes fall flat due to the writers' and voice actors' lack of English comprehension, combined with a rudimentary understanding of comedic timing and the nature of what it means to tell/make a joke. Too many times the joke boiled down to a sub-GTA5 style "Remember how that related thing is a thing? Where here it is, being a thing!" Not much depth to that.

And yet I watched the whole goddamn video, so it did have a charm to it.

GoatLord said:

The animation kinda sucks. They basically took really gorgeous assets and just tweened them.

It's true, it did fail at literally every law of animation, but, the same could be said about pretty much every modern cartoon. The art and animation style would be perfectly acceptable on TV.

The only part I actually laughed and and thought was clever was him running in the background when they introduced the Doom guy.

Solid Plissken, this isn't fuckin Twitter

It was fucking terrible. I mean I liked the animation, and I will admit that I did chuckle a litle bit at 2 jokes, but for the most part it was utterly horrible. Most of the jokes weren't even related to Doom. Instead most of the jokes were either pop culture references or fall into the "omg so random" style of humor which isn't really that funny unless done real well. A great example was the "cooking with demons" joke, which literally made me facepalm.

I second what others here have said in that the guy who animated it should stick with animation and make others do the actual writing.

hardcore_gamer said:

It was fucking terrible. I mean I liked the animation, and I will admit that I did chuckle a litle bit at 2 jokes, but for the most part it was utterly horrible. Most of the jokes weren't even related to Doom. Instead most of the jokes were either pop culture references or fall into the "omg so random" style of humor which isn't really that funny unless done real well. A great example was the "cooking with demons" joke, which literally made me facepalm.

I second what others here have said in that the guy who animated it should stick with animation and make others do the actual writing.

I thought the Impact Compensation...FAILED was pure gold!!! I really did LMAO on that one. Was that one of the jokes that you chuckled at hardcore_gamer?

I know I chuckled at the mad scientist's reaction.
And also the Doom 1 box art scene.

And the stupidity of everyone except the protagonist.

royaldj said:

I thought the Impact Compensation...FAILED was pure gold!!! I really did LMAO on that one. Was that one of the jokes that you chuckled at hardcore_gamer?

That one and the joke about the mad doctor wanting to open the gates of hell because he merely wanted to create an awesome death metal band. But 2 funny jokes in a 20min long film isn't exactly very great. 90% of the video was cringe.