Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrew Hulshult

IDKFA, total professional remake of Doom's OST

Dude! Fuck yes! This sounds amazing!

And even better, you included individual mp3 files to listen to ouside of the game. You rock!

joe-ilya said:

You're sure deserve a cacoward for this, not just a mention.

I'm going to have to second this notion.

Seems like a cool balance between professional instrumentation and faith to the originals, however I think youtube borked the audio quality (e.g. Kitchen Ace, the cymbals sound like they have some bad compression/truncation/something artifacts going on with them, a swishing in and out.

Wanted to grab the download for a cleaner version but ... yeah... moddb

You know registration there only takes like 2 seconds right? Once you have an account you can DL whatever you like from there.

Why does everyone always bitch about moddb? I genuinely want to know.

I for one don't care to sign up for junk I'm never going to use. Good work on this soundtrack though.

Vorpal said:

Seems like a cool balance between professional instrumentation and faith to the originals, however I think youtube borked the audio quality...

When has youtube not sounded like shit?

Gez said:

One needs a moddb account to download it.

Click the download now button, quickly hit the top right mirror button on the generated window, it brings up all of the mirrors. Click any of the mirrors that doesn't require membership.

That's what I just did.

Awesome. Some tracks that were originally boring sound really good in this remake. This is some serious improvement over the originals. Really like how all tracks sound much more haunting.
Very good job!

Also good job for being faithful to the original material

Royal_Sir said:

Click the download now button, quickly hit the top right mirror button on the generated window, it brings up all of the mirrors.

Even simpler, the top left of the popup window should have a direct download link. (It did for me.)

The trick, of course, is that you have like 2-3 seconds before the window changes over to the "you must be registered" screen.

Why, thank you, mr. Hulshult! Great job, although you've been doing great job reimagining good ol' tunes since that Rise of the Triad game, soundtrack was surely the most attractive thing in that poor dull chunk of code, even to the point of partially redeeming it in its suckitude.
Any chances that we'll see the same pack for Doom 2? Or maybe even TNT, if I dare to ask?..

Jimp Argon said:

You know registration there only takes like 2 seconds right? Once you have an account you can DL whatever you like from there.

Why does everyone always bitch about moddb? I genuinely want to know.

people have uploaded mods made by people on the ZDoom forums without their permission, and the authors can't do anything to remove them from there. that's mainly the reason, i would think.

Listened through the album yesterday. Awesomeness to the max! Definitely going listen it plenty times more. Great job! :)

Viscra Maelstrom said:

people have uploaded mods made by people on the ZDoom forums without their permission, and the authors can't do anything to remove them from there. that's mainly the reason, i would think.

Well Sargent Mark IV and some other modders ONLY post on there. That should be good enough reason for most.

Also, as you said.

Viscra Maelstrom said:

the authors can't do anything to remove them from there

They could at least post that it is in fact THEIR work and call said person out for theft. Although, some links go offline (Sendspace, 4shared, ect) Its a means of keeping them publically available. Much like bestever or allfearthesentinel.

I do not approve of stealing other peoples work and trying to take credit for it. But keeping something available is nice.

But whatever, that's just my two cents. As I stated before. Registration there only takes like 2 seconds. Exactly the same amount of time as it took to register here.

Wow this is a really great fusion of your instrumentation and the original.

Q&A from back in March is interesting. He says well maybe, no promises re: TNT soundtrack.

Viscra Maelstrom said:

It's a database. The IMDB staff doesn't have to call fucking Steven Seagull every time they want to mention him.

Viscra Maelstrom said:

I don't know where you're getting the "without permission" from. Sure, people have uploaded other people's mods, but they clearly state that the mod is not theirs and that permission was asked to upload them.

MFG38 said:

I don't know where you're getting the "without permission" from. Sure, people have uploaded other people's mods, but they clearly state that the mod is not theirs and that permission was asked to upload them.

IIRC, ZDoom mod authors like wildweasel had their mods uploaded there without their permission at all, and it happened a couple of times for other ZDoom mods also. there was nothing they could do to get it taken down, so they had to make moddb accounts themselves and upload it there so they know this thing wouldn't happen again. i'm pretty sure that's what happened.