Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest

If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose?

Recommended Posts

TheCupboard said:

I want a 3rd penis

I hear it's like locked in our genes cause we evolved from sharks or something so potentially you could get a new one every time it falls off.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
On 5/8/2016 at 7:35 AM, TheMightyHeracross said:

 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post

The ability to know anything that has ever known by anyone. I'd rewrite long-lost texts, translate dead languages, and settle old historical disputes.

Share this post


Link to post
Seele00TextOnly said:

I want the ability to heal others.


Prepare for a life of misery as the next messiah then!

Share this post


Link to post
GoatLord said:

Prepare for a life of misery as the next messiah then!

To hell with messiah garbage; I'm just sick of people needlessly suffering. If the messiahs or their overlord were worth a damn things wouldn't be the way they are anyway. Besides I realize it would be a largely thankless and unending task but it would be the most ideal and useful life I can imagine, to actually make people truly better in ways that medicine can't come close to touching yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Seele00TextOnly said:

To hell with messiah garbage; I'm just sick of people needlessly suffering. If the messiahs or their overlord were worth a damn things wouldn't be the way they are anyway. Beside I realize it would be a largely thankless and unending task but it would be the most ideal and useful life I can imagine, to actually make people truly better in ways that medicine can't come close to touching yet.

Yeah and let humanity become lazy in the process.

Share this post


Link to post

We're already quite lazy; anyway I don't see how cancer, spinal cord damage, missing limbs, the need for replacement organs, and on and on actively encourage people to not be lazy. Wanting people to live happily and to their full potential may sound altruistic but it's better than wishing for something just good for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Seele00TextOnly said:

We're already quite lazy; anyway I don't see how cancer, spinal cord damage, missing limbs, the need for replacement organs, and on and on actively encourage people to not be lazy. Wanting people to live happily and to their full potential may sound altruistic but it's better than wishing for something just good for myself.

Its actually the opposite. People will become more lazy than now.

You know that saying "too much of a good thing is bad"? That's what I'm suggesting.

Doctors will quit being doctors.
Surgeons will stop everything.
Medicine won't be manufactured anymore.

Unless there's a catch with infinite healing power.

Share this post


Link to post
Gez said:

The ability to know anything that has ever known by anyone. I'd rewrite long-lost texts, translate dead languages, and settle old historical disputes.

Alternatively, become the most successful TMZ editor ever.

Share this post


Link to post

Like you, I'd pick teleportation. Not only would it make travelling far easier but I get very anxious in a lot of situations about things I say or do and a lot of the time I just want to not be at that place. The ability to just teleport far away from people to a place I can be alone would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post

I would probably choose either the ability to become invisible at will, or flight/noclipping, leaning more toward the latter. I dream a lot about those and they seem pretty fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Voros said:

Its actually the opposite. People will become more lazy than now.

You know that saying "too much of a good thing is bad"? That's what I'm suggesting.

Doctors will quit being doctors.
Surgeons will stop everything.
Medicine won't be manufactured anymore.

Unless there's a catch with infinite healing power.

Um, one person wouldn't be able to obliterate the need for medicine. That person would probably have to just settle for going around doing things that can't already be done. And besides it's not like I'd live forever or anything. I think you're vastly overestimating the effectiveness of a single person on a worldwide population of billions.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×