Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

What was the most recent film you saw, and what did you think of it?

I saw Star Trek Beyond last night. I thought it was phenomenal. It addressed most, if not all issues from last two movies.

Edited by Guest

Saw "Repo! - The Genetic Opera" last night.
I didn't really know what to expect and watched it mostly for Anthony Head and ohGr.
Now, while I understand that this kind of movie isn't for everyone, I've had lots of fun with it.

Spoiler

Paris Hilton's face falls off in the end.

Tai Chi 0

Awesome Chinese Steampunk Martial Arts film that I found on TV the other night. Apparently it's part 1 of 2, with the second part "Tai Chi Hero" having been made at the same time. The second one will be on this Friday (SBS2 if you're in Aussie land) and it will be sensational.

Watched The Terminator after a long time.

Beautiful. The terminator is actually scary when it's not CGI.
It wore awesome sunglasses for a good reason (unlike T2 and T3).
It was truly relentless, devoid of emotions.

*sigh*
What happened, other than technological advancements, to the franchise?
Oh well.

I thought Genisys was cool reboot though (im in the minority)

Saw Star Trek Beyond on Wednesday during a special showing that included the other two films before it. It was kinda cool seeing all three one after the other, because it was almost like watching a marathon of the show, and it was really easy slipping into the third one. The character driven action is rather entertaining.

rf` said:

Zootopia. It was quite good.

Yah, Disney seems to be making hits again. I found the original storyboard animatics for the film rather interesting as well. I'm not sure if it would have been a better movie, though. The whole plot about electro-shock collars seemed sort of dark for a movie aimed at kids.

Recently watched 28 Days Later on DVD. I've already watched it 2 times before, online, however those times i watched it in really poor quality due to my bad connection. This time i finally experienced it in the true quality and it was amazing. Seriously, one of the best films ever made. The sequel is quite dissapointing though.

Recently watched Rambo:First Blood again, i loved when Rambo had the Vietnam flashbacks he kicked the cops asses in the police station, badass.

Gladiator and before that The Legend of Hell House, a British horror film from the 1970s that's on netflix. It's cheesy but also kind of ambitious and occasionally raised my neck hairs. Hell House is in the mold of House on Haunted Hill (1959) -- an awesome, awesome Vincent Price classic:

Spoiler

Edited by Guest

The answer to that is about to be "Batman: The Killing Joke" as I'm in the theater waiting right now.

Prior to this I went with my mother to see "The Secret Life of Pets." Terrible, awful movie.

Johnatone said:

The answer to that is about to be "Batman: The Killing Joke" as I'm in the theater waiting right now.

They're showing it in theaters? Cool. I thought it was direct-to-DVD.

Feirup said:

They're showing it in theaters? Cool. I thought it was direct-to-DVD.

Just found out last week; it was supposed to be tonight only but they've added a couple more days this week. Other than some filler that lightened the tone of the movie it was great. Always a pleasure to hear Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill work together, that was the Batman and Joker I grew up with, therefore in my mind they are those characters. Heh.