Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

I felt The Great Santini kinda reflects what 70's cinema is all about.

Pedro VC said:

Conan the Barbarian.

The director once joked saying he wanted Dustin Hoffman instead of Schwarzenegger and I thought it was amusing.

Watched the Warcraft movie on Bluray. It's not bad, it's not great.

The beginning of the movie was quite fun, with all the visuals and references I recognized. However the characters, acting and story were quite mediocre which kinda dragged a little bit. Despite being a player of Warcraft since the first installment there were still a couple elements of the movie's story I didn't follow.

Watched Shattered Glass, American Beauty, Zootopia, and Good Will Hunting within the span of a few days. Although the last two were put on for background noise while working on something else.

The first two I saw for the first time and was impressed by both of them. SG has a somewhat slow start, but has a breakneck finale. AB us rather interesting throughout and in some ways the two films remind me of the other.

I recently saw Sully. It's a pretty good film exploring themes such as what makes a person a hero while giving a pretty accurate depiction of the crash of US Airways Flight 1549.

"The Act of Killing" is a chilling documentary about gangster assassins in Indonesia who sadistically murdered suspected communists in the mid 1960s. One of the gangsters, now an old man, decides he wants to reenact some of the more grisly killings on film. There is a very sardonic contrast between the candid confessions and interviews with the gangsters, and their attempts to direct surrealistic interpretations of the executions.

Decided to bite the bullet and finally watch Fantastic Four 2015. It was bad, but nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be. I found the 2005 movie to be significantly worse.

We watched Inglourious Basterds and Once Upon A Time In Mexico back to back last night. IB I've seen three times now, including this one, and it's still up there with Pulp Fiction as one of Tarantino's best (though nothing will ever top Jackie Brown.)

Once Upon A Time In Mexico was also really good; probably the last of Robert Rodriguez's semi-serious films before he started doing kids movies and full parodies, and a good, epic finisher to the Mariachi trilogy. Also great soundtrack.

Edited by Guest

Voros said:

The Martian.

Never expected a movie would be about a man living on Mars.

Thought this was quite good, and a very honest attempt at creating a plausible but thrilling modern sci-fi. Gives me high hopes that Ridley Scott might have recovered from the rather flat Prometheus.

last movie i saw was batman v superman. i cant confirm it cause i refuse to rewatch either of those turds, but i think this movie may be even worse than batman forever

I wanna say the first 3 Wrong Turn movies even though that isn't true. They're great movies to be honest, although 2 was a bit rubbish and it didn't really have much of a story to begin with. Wrong Turn 1 is where it's at. And it isn't just kills. It's survival AND story.

GoatLord said:

"The Act of Killing" is a chilling documentary about gangster assassins in Indonesia who sadistically murdered suspected communists in the mid 1960s.

Where are these people now when you need them? (I'm just joking but I do dislike communism still)

GoatLord said:

Thought this was quite good, and a very honest attempt at creating a plausible but thrilling modern sci-fi. Gives me high hopes that Ridley Scott might have recovered from the rather flat Prometheus.

Ugh Prometheus. That movie is an insult to me.

Interstellar and The Martian are by far, the best modern sci-fi movies I've seen.

I've take a look at the first time to Predator this evening, eventually going to see all the movies of the franchise (and probably some ripoffs like Robowar), and...

is a fun and cool movie overall, even if i've expected something more from it... you known what the Nostalgia Critic says about the expectation on Nightmare Before Christmas (or any other "cult" or very famous movies)?

Well, i had the same feelings with this movie.
Is a pretty suspenseful movie, with some cool lines and impressive SFX and costume works for the predator, but it's also a way too noisy and boorish with the not so really working Alan Silvestri music, that every time i've heard some of the themes when the battling sessions are on screen thinking to Back to the future, my absolutely favorite movie, but Jesus i was waiting that for one minute or the other i've expected to seen Doc Brown jumping out from the jungle screaming "Great Scott! Schwarzy, we need to get back in time before the predator kills your squad!1.2 Gigawatts!Great Scott!"

But over this stupid thing, as i said before, is a pretty suspenseful movie in the second half of the movie, let's say a Alien movie, but instead to been into a claustrophobic "spooky ghost house in space", is the direct opposite of it, with people (and in the end only Arnold) running into intricate, labyrinthine jungles, fighting a invisible, merciless and barely unbeatable enemy...

Shin Godzilla

This was a very different Godzilla film than the ones that came before it. For the first time in Godzilla's history we have a true reboot of the series that has nothing to do with the 1954 original. The film follows the story of government officials & scientists as the film treats Godzilla as if he were a natural disaster & not as if he were just some monster that needs to be destroyed. Pacing was a bit slow at a few points, but there were also quite a few exciting parts that got my heart pounding. It does seem that Toho did take one idea from the 2014 American film, & that was to make Godzilla's atomic breath epic a hell. If you're a big fan of Godzilla like I am then you should enjoy this movie quite a bit.

Went to see Shin Godzilla last night with some friends from work. They were running late, so we ended up sitting in the very front row, but that wasn't as much of a problem as I thought it would be.

I wasn't sure what to expect from Shin Godzilla going in, but it was unmistakably Hideaki Anno, and pretty fun. Like Jaws In Space said, it was handled more like a disaster procedural than a monster movie. The action sequences were thrilling and well-done, but the main focus of the movie was the process itself. Lots of effective dry humor coming from the endless bureaucratic red tape, indecision, and the officials' disconnect from the reality of the situation. The final plan was a very Anno-esque gambit with shades of Evangelion's Operation Yashima in both its setup and execution. Some of the messaging toward the end felt a bit on-the-nose and the occasional English-speaking actors were amusingly badly-directed, but overall it was a really solid watch.

I wonder is essel is Japanese. That would explain a lot.

Anyways, watched Fantastic Four, the 2015 one. WTF went wrong? It felt so cheap.

Doominator2 said:

I last saw "Her"
It was good, but the sex scene was very awkward

Isn't all sex awkward if you think about it?

Snatch
Pretty great and very funny.

The strange vice of Mrs. Wardh
Boring giallo, but with a decent twist ending and a lot of naked Edwige Fenech.