Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

Return of the Living Death part 1 and 2. True horror classics, shame they fucked up 3 and the rest are just a really shitty.

I went on a short movie watching spree with Harrison Ford movies such as The Fugitive, Air Force One, and Patriot Games.

Although I used to watch them a lot as a child when TV played many re-runs of them, it's been such a long time now since I last saw them, they are still pretty good movies which hold up today.

Paprika. Much like Satoshi Kon's Perfect Blue, the movie's story flies right off the rails near the end and abandons all logic with a tip of the hat. Flawed but visually engrossing and a little better than Perfect Blue.

Plan 9 from outer space.

A wonderful movie about aliens and vampire/zombies, set in a world where day and night happen at the same time, and people cast shadows on the sky if they stand too close to it. Truly an underrated classic

We Are Still Here.

Smart presentation initially, though obviously aping the late 70s/early 80s era of Stephen King film adaptations. And much like actual Stephen King film adaptations, gets very silly. Kind of disappointing to be honest. Not sure how it wound up with a 95% fresh rating on Rottentomatoes; It Follows and even The Guest are far better examples of throwback horror.

Sabi - The Fake, a Korean rotoscope animation movie that shows a interesting point of view about Christian religion and people that use it for bad acts and the "power" of people beliefs in God and it's antithesis seen from the "antagonist/protagonist" point of view, too bad that the concatenation of events is visible even from a blind man...

Pixote.
Totally brutal and shocking. Actually tops City of God in the category awful stuff happening to poor kids.

Last movie I watched was Hardcore Henry. I enjoyed it, it didn't provide an epiphany, but it was balls to the wall action with that cheeky Russian dark-humor thrown in. And it really was impressive how well everything looked being done from the first person perspective.

It was cheesy, but it was enjoyable and very well done.

We watched The Dead Zone, 1983. A much better outing than the original novel IMO -- and of course, with the upcoming election, I couldn't NOT show it. My politics are perhaps a tad too transparent, I suppose.

Attack on Titan 1.
The initial Titan attack attack scene really creeped me out, I might as well have assumed the fetal position and cry.
The music was not so satisfying though. Other than that, I enjoyed it and look forward to watching the sequel.

I believe the last movie I watched was Total Recall (the classic, not the remake).

Liked it. A lot.

Saw "The Accountant" recently. I guess I enjoyed it a lot and I felt the character was another addition to the likes of "Jason bourne" but way cooler.

Saw Batman vs Superman. It's got good elements and interesting concepts, but it crams too much in and ends up being overtly unbalanced and clogged down with all of the content that's in there. If anything, Sups vs Bat should have been one movie (Or Batman should have gotten a solo movie first) and everything with Doomsday could have been a sequel if this one was successful. An uneven film I wanted to like, but alas, it gets a very indifferent shrug.

We watched X-Men: Apocalypse, which was actually really good. Though Quicksilver stole the show again.

Poltergeist II: The Other Side

I want to like the movie, the story of the preacher still creeps me out. But I just found it boring compared to the first one.

Edited by Guest

Finding dory for the 30th time. Pretty Good movie. Love the sea lions and the starfish part in the "poke zone" cracks me up everytime.

The Neon Demon.
much like Eyes Wide Shut, filled to the fucking brim with Illuminati references, cult to the moon, mind-controlled ppl, the 'hollywood occultism' agenda, shape-shifting, and all that sort of wonderful thingies.
I would most strongly recommend it.

Last Friday we watched Brazil. I'd never seen it. It's definitely a movie. Not sure how I feel about it.

Last night we watched Akira -- still just as awe-inspiring as I remember, animation-wise. Also really grim.

I watched Robin Hood (Disney animated version) with my son. It's one of those movies that when I was a kid, I would watch, then rewind and immediately watch it again, repeat daily.

Unstoppable. Very nice movie, full of suspense and action.
Literally had me on the edge of my seat.

Saw The Crow finally. Dark, edgy, angst-ridden movie that was actually pretty good. Very strong visual style, too. Reminded me of Burton's Batman.

In the theater: Warcraft. My girlfriend and I got a sitter and went to the matinee in 3d. In the theater it was us, one other couple and some weird sweatpants guy that sat way in the back. I don't play Warcraft anymore, but the onslaught of fan service was actually kind of pleasant to see.

The other night we watched Ghost in the Shell. When I first saw it maybe 10-odd years ago I didn't like it -- I was kind of a dumbass in my early 20s. Having seen it again, I've grown to appreciate it.

I remember watching Ghost in the Shell alongside Akira, and found it really hard to like in its entirety. It had great concepts and an intriguing story, but for an animated movie, the cinematography and framing was often atrocious. But honestly, comparing to Akira is being extremely unfair, especially when it comes to the visual presentation. But GitS is still a good film.