Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

Deadpool followed by Angry Birds. Angry birds was far better than it had any right to be. Perhaps the greatest game to movie adaptation.

Suicide Squad.

It was sort of better than BvS, but like BvS it was filled with squandered potential and pointless scenes and characters (The Joker and the "Man Who Could Climb Anything," although I also understand MWCCA was moreso meant to show the effectiveness of Flag's threats as opposed to being a real character).

Though despite that, I think the biggest flaw was actually the scale of the villain(s). I don't know what the comics did, but I think that this could have been more effective with a less "The world is ending" plot. Hell, when I first saw the trailers, I actually thought they were hunting the Joker. I was dissapointed that the story was actually more.... Eh... Epic?

However, "This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims." might now be my favorite movie line ever, for how utterly bizarre it is within and outside of context.

took my girlfriend to see Moana.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moana_(2016_film)

It's animated and quite interesting. Won't spoil too much but Moana, a demigod, stole a rock and the god gets mod. the villages need food and this girl is next to be the leader. despite the current chief's warning and command, she goes on a quest to find Moana, brave the dangers, and return the rock.

i'd give it a 8.0 out of 10.

Tron Legacy
The original Tron was an eyesore to watch. This new one though.

I love it when a movie has the right music. This has the right music, even the ending with Quora and Sam on the motorcycle. The music was perfect for that scene.

This movie, I'll treasure it for life.

Florence Foster Jenkins

decent movie, people said it was supposed to be really funny but I found it odd and inspiring. Really wish the pianist (Wolowitz from Big Bang Theory) had a larger character role to play. His was the oddest character of all but definitely the best. Apparently he is a pianist in real life and played all the music himself when he was on-screen and performing with Meryl Streep. Of course Meryl Streep did a good job and Hugh Grant was a bro throughout.

I guess the script meandered a lot. And there was no middle ground in-between "she sang authentically" and "she's a terrible singer". They said at the end she had brilliant comedic timing but it was an afterthought happening in the last 15 minutes.

Voros said:

Tron Legacy
The original Tron was an eyesore to watch. This new one though.

I love it when a movie has the right music. This has the right music, even the ending with Quora and Sam on the motorcycle. The music was perfect for that scene.

This movie, I'll treasure it for life.

I tried watching Tron a year before Tron Legacy came out. It was bad then and it was bad 20 years ago. Even in the 80s I remember it was just dull like 2 people in the middle of no where for a long period of time and no amount of special effects could save it.

Anyway...

Christmas Horror Story

I love going into things and knowing nothing about them. Its like a Creepshow but with Will Shatner tying it all together rather than a comic book. The twist to the Creepshow 5 story format is that all 5 stories are going on at once. So rather than story 1, story 2, its chapter 1 of story 1, chapter 1 of story 2 and so on.

The Wicker Man (Nicholas Cage edition)

I've seen it a decade ago and in a way its a tour-de-force complete and utter challenge for any actor. Its easy to mock the absurd out-of-context punching women or the "no not the bees... not the bees!" Its just a weird movie. Weird middle of no where trapped on an island dominated by Amish women tone. Startling horror. There are a lot of phobias in there too. Since its a mystery sort of thing it was more interesting to go back and watch it knowing what the payoff was and remembering nothing else about the movie.

The Trust

Nicholas Cage + Elijah Wood are cops in Vegas. If there's a movie with Nick Cage in it he's either a cop or its in Las Vegas. Its probably best not to know anything going in because its quite a ride that could have benefit with like 5+ minutes of character building. It has a 70s and surprisingly comedic tone for such an intense drama. I really enjoyed it and I've enjoyed the Netflix era of Nicholas Cage. He's quite the common man actor.

Watched Rogue One. Had all the characteristics of a typical star wars movie. Not a huge fan of star wars but still was a good film. Could have been better though. Especially at the beginning.

I watched The Siege of Jadotville this morning, a movie about a little-known conflict in Africa during the 1960s.

Hobo with a shotugn ( 2011 ) - Cool 80's grindhouse throwback, funny and badass, doesn't take itself too seriously

Come and see ( 1985 ) - A movie about horrors of the world war 2, boy finds an old rifle and joins the soviet resistance movement

Conspiracy Theory ( 1997 ) - I remember watching the ending of the movie as a kid, decided to watch it entirely, definetly in my top 10 favourite movies

Angry Birds the movie was the last film I watched , surprisingly funnier than I thought it could ever be. My 6 year old laughed his ass off.

Saw Rogue One last night. I enjoyed it more than the Force Awakens. Rogue One doesn't dazzle, but it fits more comfortably into the tradition of Star Wars. The only major qualm I have is that the Felicity Jones character needs a bit more fleshing out -- a few minutes of her interacting with other characters in more casual and varied ways.

I also watched Angry Birds with my son yesterday. I was impressed that they took such a simple idea and made an entertaining, funny movie with it.

Megalyth said:

I also watched Angry Birds with my son yesterday. I was impressed that they took such a simple idea and made an entertaining, funny movie with it.

That's exactly what I thought. I didn't think there could be a way to take the games simple premise and make an entertaining storyline out of it.

Though I am sticking to my opinion that they wont be able to do the same with the up-coming Tetris movie.
I mean , its Tetris. Did it even have a backstory?

bedbug182 said:

That's exactly what I thought. I didn't think there could be a way to take the games simple premise and make an entertaining storyline out of it.

Though I am sticking to my opinion that they wont be able to do the same with the up-coming Tetris movie.
I mean , its Tetris. Did it even have a backstory?

From what I've heard, they're actually making a whole Tetris trilogy, somehow, which I still can't quite comprehend. It's already absurd enough to make such a thin premise into more than one movie, but they totally missed the chance to make it a tetralogy. 0/10

Sausage Party - Fucked up animated movie that was fairly stupid, but it still managed to be rather funny and entertaining at times anyways. Strong voice work throughout for the most part.

It was rather good, yes. Rogue One in my opinion was a little bit better than The Force Awakens, just a little.

PureSlime said:

Just saw Rogue One the other day. I was enthralled. A wonderful entry into the series.

Watched it too yesterday, is a really good movie.

Gothic Box said:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It was much better than I thought a Harry Potter spinoff would be.

I went to the cinema with my sister on that movie not knowing what it was. To me it was really painful to watch and the movie was just cringeworthy to me, the pacing of the movie was messed up, everything happened so fast, lots of cliches everywhere, a cliche fat guy to make things "funny" ( he wasn't funny at all, and it was blatantly obvious that they were forced to put him there because some guy said something like "uhh we need a funny guy or something uhhh uhhh, DO IT" ). Some things just not made sense, like that anti witch house, wtf ? It was pointlessly added in, it was irrevelant to the plot whatsoever, also with that boy that went apeshit and destroyed the city... Credence or something ? He too wasn't even revelant to the plot, just a side character that you didn't know was going to be important and then suddenly BOOM he suddenly destroyed the town so he was important then they just kill him off and fix everything he destroyed. What was the movie about anyway ? It was a big confusing pile of mess, they didn't have to drag that fat guy along, the main character was an annoying brat I could not sympathize with, his lines were unintelligible and something a 5 year old would come up with, apparently he wanted to keep some weird animals from going extinct, and it wasn't even important for the plot, well, actually his animals leaked from the suitcase and started running around the city destroying everything and causing trouble and killing people, so he caught the animals and put them in place, fixed it all and was hailed a hero even though it was all his fault. The movie was ridicilously full of cliches. The characters have no developed relationships with eachother, no depth, characters were thrown in and the movie except you to sympathize with them. The entire script i guess is built around the magical creatures doing damage to 1920's NYC. The damage is massive and there is no backlash because wizards fix it all with some stupid spells, the entire city saw weird stuff going on but the wizards casted a rain spell that made people forget about what they saw ( what about the people that stayed in their houses when it was raining ? ) The portrayal of NYC is terrible, the areas are completly empty, it felt like a ghost town, everything quiet, occasionaly the same model of the car copied and pasted everywhere, if you look up footage of New York City from 1920's it was overcrowded and chaotic with lots of cars everywhere and lots of stuff going on.
Anyway, as I said earlier, the story if confusing and devoid of creativity or anything that would make the movie stand out, the movie was just showing off special effects...

BUT HEY, if you enjoyed it that's fine, in fact probably most people who watched it enjoyed this movie but that's also the reason movies are getting worse and worse, people are willing to pay for anything that's new, why work hard on movies and be creative if we just put some half assed special effects and people will love it anyway.

I saw Marvel's Captain America: Civil War. Like all movies now I went into this one without seeing a trailer, but I heard enough comic book spoilers to know what it was about. Its odd that I can dodge a full year of Star Wars spoilers, but even before the Civil War I couldn't avoid its spoilers.

160 minutes felt too long. I mentally checked out for the first 90 minutes. Too many super heroes with no clear cut bad guy. Even with teams and sides, everyone is just doing their own thing. Paul Rudd as Ant Man makes me want to see Ant Man.

It probably should have been called Avengers: Civil War, because calling it Captain America in the title certainly telegraphs the ending. Then again they'd have to add Hulk and Thor rather than Ant Man of all people.

Someone mentioned Skyline a cast of 4 with a memorably confusing ending.

^yeah. Jarrod becomes an alien, then fends of another alien about hurt his gf. In the credits scene.

Downfall again because they put it back on Netflix. I love how there are like 19 gradations of bad nazis, real bad nazis, kind of honorable soldiers that happen to be nazis, fugging hitler, the lady that kills her kids so that can't be good, etc.