Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

Bought and watched Bullitt this afternoon. It's a really good thriller (Steve McQueen is cool as fuck in the film) and it's reasonably fast paced. And, of course, I can't do a mini-review of Bullitt without mentioning the epic car chase. Duel (1971) is my favourite film, which has some brilliant car chases, but not even those can beat the excellence of this chase scene. Best ever, in my opinion (which seems to be a common opinion).

Since I'm currently looking to buy True Romance, I thought I might as well rewatch Tony Scott's final film before his tragic death: Unstoppable. I'm happy to say that he ended his career on a very high note. Good performances from everyone, really tense and subplots that actually have a bit of an impact on the viewer.

Just got back from the cinema. I watched A Quiet Place. Very interesting in the fact that there's not a lot of dialogue, and despite that has engaging characters and character development. Very good. Recommended.

Just rewatched "Fido" again. I liked the zombie (Fido) that became friends with the kid. Also, nothing on Sun night, so watched (half-assedly) Zardoz again, starring Sean Connery. It was still very bizarre.

2 hours ago, grouchbag said:

Just rewatched "Fido" again. I liked the zombie (Fido) that became friends with the kid. Also, nothing on Sun night, so watched (half-assedly) Zardoz again, starring Sean Connery. It was still very bizarre.

THE GUN IS GOOOOOOOOOD

The one from Zardoz? It was ok. But the movie was still pretty weird. It was certainly better than nothing. I'm still pretty much a scifi-horror fan.  I have a small collection of of about 200 dvdsof both genres.

On 7/25/2016 at 8:10 PM, TheMightyHeracross said:

Snatch. If you like Lock, Stock, and Two Smocking Barrels, this is your movie.

"Good dags. D'ya like dags?"

The Florida Project. This film's horribly depressing in its hyper-realism. I found it to basically be a 2 hour birth-control ad. 

Recently dug out, and re-watched my copy of "13 Assassins"  By ~ Takashi Miike.  Contains some of the most remarkable sword play I have ever seen all in one movie. Parts of beginning are a little bit slow but the final battle is almost 45 minutes long.  Just Remarkable!  If you like battles and visuals along the lines of "300"  You would love this one too.

13Assassins_.jpg

On 4/11/2018 at 5:35 PM, Poncho said:

Since I'm currently looking to buy True Romance

Try the corner of a big city or just watch Elvis movies in theaters.

Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou:

One of the very very very best things I've ever seen, anime or otherwise. I actually had to go see it for a second time in an attempt to cope with all the emotions, which has never happened to me with movies before. Didn't help though: the second screening made it even harder to process everything and now my mind is very exhausted. I barely recognized myself in the mirror, that's how much the tears deformed my face. I urge everyone to watch it as soon as you possibly can. I'm simply speechless.

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou:

One of the very very very best things I've ever seen, anime or otherwise. I actually had to go see it for a second time in an attempt to cope with all the emotions, which has never happened to me with movies before. Didn't help though: the second screening made it even harder to process everything and now my mind is very exhausted. I barely recognized myself in the mirror, that's how much the tears deformed my face. I urge everyone to watch it as soon as you possibly can. I'm simply speechless.

Great to hear, and I'm envious you've gotten to see it already! Mari Okada is a really interesting writer and I've been looking forward to seeing this.

Andy & Jim: The Great Beyond documentary about the making of Man on the Moon filmed 20 years ago when making the movie, but released last year with an interview from last year. I hated this. Universal said it best "we can't let you release this, because we don't want people to think you're an asshole." Yeah that's my take away from this documentary. Its like people watching a rich man's dog shit all over the carpet and everyone just has to step around it and just awkwardly laugh because he's the star. Oh but its okay... because its not who Jim Carrey is, he was just playing Andy 100% even behind the scenes. Here's the thing though if there's a documentary, then the cameras are always rolling and there is "no behind the scenes." Even watching Riding in Cars with Comedians: The Jim Carrey episode... this dude is just always "on." He's always wackey and unexpected even with the most mundane of things. Why exit a door when you can climb over a tall wall?

Seeing Jim as Andy 100% of the time is especially tasteless to see Jim meet the late Andy Kauffman's family as Andy. He was Andy when meeting them and they put up with it because fuck its Jim Carrey. If it was anyone else it would be seen as poor taste. The documentarian happens to be one of Andy's ex girlfriends. I suppose comedy is funny because its unexpected so this must be comedic gold. Say something offensive that no one has the balls to say its funny, because otherwise you get outraged and start swinging fists. Maybe that becomes the comedy look at that person who enjoys Jim Carrey and Andy Kauffman who ends up hating a documentary about them.

The Rachel Divide is a documentary about the white woman NAACP president who is black or at least she says she is. In a way this was similar to Andy & Jim: The Great Beyond, because this woman was in character 100% of this documentary like Jim was playing Andy even behind the scenes during the documentary. Rachel knows she's white, she identifies as black, she became black. Its amazing because despite not being a comedy this was hilarious. Good quotable lines for their irony. This is the same woman that sued her black university for not getting in because she was white.

She has 3 black adopted siblings and she says they were whipped with baboon whips and glue sticks. Her sister has the scars literally everywhere. Rachel's 2 kids are questionably 100% black and I assume adopted. She gives birth in the documentary to one of the whitest babies... that inevitably gets darker. Her parents feel she's a fraud and they know she's toxic. I assume a lot of other people who knew her on a personal level could have been interviewed for this, but weren't because they all know this woman is nuclear material so rather than put up with her they cut her out of their lives.

I think I realized what this documentary failed to point out. So many people being interviewed talking about "its her white privilege to take off her white color and put on black," but in a way she can't take off the fact that she is this person and so she's getting crucified for it. She can't go anywhere without getting harassed for being her.

Edited by geo

The Mummy (2017)

Was really weird, much like The Mummy (1999).

Frankly, it seems like a remastered version of the 1999 film, just gender inverted, but the villain of this one was pretty cool, though Imhotep will always have her beat. The number of shout outs to the 1999 film is appreciated, however, and I can always appreciate a reference to a film's roots, even if its roots run as deep as 1932 and no one seems to know.

The ending though, was one of the more bizarre I've seen in a film, and I'm not sure what to think of it.

Overall, The Mummy (2017) was alright.

Watched the first Lethal Weapon for the first time. Pretty good. Great chemistry between the leads, funny at parts, Gary Busey is a good villain.

Yep. Good action film.

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

Watched the first Lethal Weapon for the first time. Pretty good. Great chemistry between the leads, funny at parts, Gary Busey is a good villain.

Yep. Good action film.

They get even better.

I haven't seen an animated Disney movie in decades and I never saw The Emperor's New Groove so I am deciding to watch it.

Just finished watching John Wick 2.

Pretty good but mostly more of the same. I'm gonna watch the first Die Hard afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Just finished watching John Wick 2.

Pretty good but mostly more of the same. I'm gonna watch the first Die Hard afterwards.

Die Hard is the best action film EVER.

Some Like it Hot. A handful of good jokes that were largely overshadowed by a litany of jokes centred around people not being smart enough to spot two men who are obviously dressed in drag. I don't get why this movie is so beloved. 

Edited by Ajora

Bone Tomahawk boring yet good kind of, A Million Ways To Die In The West, hilarious if you like raunchy stuff. I do.