Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

On 5/5/2021 at 5:14 PM, Redneckerz said:

Uncut Gems

@Redneckerz I completely agree with your assessment of the movie. It was spectacularly executed, including the acting and the editing. Despite being a bastard I was rooting for the guy.

Spoiler

Too bad about ..... Well, if you've watched the movie you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, I'm not going to spoil it for you.

On topic: I re-watched The Da Vinci Code. The movie does a reasonable job of translating the action, suspense, and mystery of the book. Tom Hanks is (as is typical) good in the role, and Audrey Tatou plays Sophie Neveu quite well. Plus, the movie is filmed in some of the great historical locales of Europe, and they are a joy to behold.

5 hours ago, ReX said:

@Redneckerz I completely agree with your assessment of the movie. It was spectacularly executed, including the acting and the editing. Despite being a bastard I was rooting for the guy.

If anything i would say its almost too chaotic at times. In many a scene i was getting the impression that in the sequence Sandler would suffer a stroke. That's how hectic it is.

And i am used to Crank: High Voltage (Which is just schizoid editing at high speed) so this isn't a movie you will watch before going to sleep.

Except that's actually what i did, haha.

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

Sandler would suffer a stroke.

Are you talking about Sandler, the actor? Or Howard Ratner, the character?

Presumably, Sandler was able to decompress between the hectic scenes.

7 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Unfortunately, I was forced to watch the whole Hunger Games series with my wife on Mother's Day. URRRGGGGHHHHAAAAHHHHHNNNNN

Hahaha, poor soul, we are feeling with you.

You could have faked a faint or something. Or have a pint of the good ol' Texas CupMelter while viewing? The beverage would surely have taken care of your issues, for you to only wake up a couple of days later, unable to grasp what actually happened the recent days. Ouch! :D

I recently saw the movie Spiral, and it happens to be the first Saw movie I've actually fully watched. I enjoyed it very much, from the story and traps, to the practical effects and twist ending. The twist is predictable but it isn't too bad, it's pretty well hinted at. The entire story is pretty nice too, with the whole concept on police brutality being a very fresh new concept for the Saw series to explore a bit. The traps (and their special effects) are pretty gory and creative, and don't take up the entire movie. The acting and lines can be pretty cheesy, and Chris Rock isn't the best actor, but it's no problem for me. The new villain is pretty awesome and I think he's better than John Kramer, since you can actually understand his viewpoint and see it as justified in a way. I'd rate it a 7.5/10 and I'd say it's a great spinoff sequel. I hope it gets its own sequel, like maybe something like Spiral 2: Downward Spiral.

Just watched The Ritual last night. It was recommended to my by several of my friends and I enjoyed it as someone who doesn't typically like horror movies. It's got a slow burn and is more about creating an uneasy atmosphere rather than being overtly scary. I won't go into more detail so as to avoid spoilers but I'll say that if you're a fan of horror and don't require jump scares and fountains of blood it's worth watching.

4 hours ago, xvertigox said:

Just watched The Ritual.

It's not a bad film! (especially as its a British horror film) and the climax makes it stand out a bit compared to the usual horror fare. 

In fact I'm due a rewatch so I'll do that soon. 

It's also based on a book with the same title. 

7 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

El Camino

Great movie, but the fact that it had so much of Todd in it made it a little difficult for me to watch. That guy makes my skin crawl. 

Just now, [McD]James said:

Great movie, but the fact that it had so much of Todd in it made it a little difficult for me to watch. That guy makes my skin crawl. 

That sick son of a bitch. Watching Jessie strangle him with a chain in the last episode is one of the most cathartic television moments ever.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:15 AM, leejacksonaudio said:

Unfortunately, I was forced to watch the whole Hunger Games series with my wife on Mother's Day. URRRGGGGHHHHAAAAHHHHHNNNNN

I'm so sorry. I managed to get about three quarters of the way through the first movie before I wanted to gnaw my leg off. I've seen portions of the other ones, and they're just... terrible movies. There's nothing "technically" wrong with them; the acting is okay, the effects are fine, the story is passable at best. They just manage to combine everything in such a way that they come out just plain bad.

I think the last movie I actually watched was News of the World. Which was alright, didn't wow me, but it was good enough to hold my attention for it's duration. And Tom Hanks generally has a knack for delivering a solid performance that keeps your interest. I haven't liked everything I've seen him in, but I can usually watch his movies and enjoy them. Aside from The Terminal, that was just a terrible movie. News of the World wasn't great, but it wasn't bad, I doubt I'll ever watch it again, but it was alright.

I think the last new movie that I watched that I really enjoyed was Deadpool 2. And I generally hate superhero movies. It wasn't as good as the first Deadpool, but I love the character so much that I can forgive it's flaws. For the most part I don't watch many movies, most of my TV watching is just television series on Netflix, Hulu, and science and nature documentaries.

32 minutes ago, ReX said:

You're thinking about another movie. Heh.

I really thought that was going to be a link to Coyote Ugly.

So good on you 🙂. Saw really wasn't terrible, for a budget horror movie. Probably didn't need a dozen sequels, but it wasn't bad.

Although I feel the same way about the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and it's subsequent prequel The Beginning. At least according to Rotten Tomatoes I'm wrong about them. But I love R. Lee Ermy, so I don't have much choice.

I finally got the brain bleach out for my wife's "Hunger Games" marathon by watching one of the "Lethal Weapon" series of movies, specifically #3. I'd only seen #2 before. #3 wasn't quite as good - the plot wasn't as cohesive, the villain wasn't as much of a bad guy (the one in #2 was fscking EVIL), and overall it wasn't as much fun. Gimme #2 any day.

1 minute ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I finally got the brain bleach out for my wife's "Hunger Games" marathon by watching one of the "Lethal Weapon" series of movies, specifically #3. I'd only seen #2 before. #3 wasn't quite as good - the plot wasn't as cohesive, the villain wasn't as much of a bad guy (the one in #2 was fscking EVIL), and overall it wasn't as much fun. Gimme #2 any day.

So in other words, you're not too old for this shit. :)

And hey, almost any movie with Joe Pesci is worth watching! If he could be George Carlin's deity of worship, I'd say that's good enough for me.

3 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

So in other words, you're not too old for this shit. :)

And hey, almost any movie with Joe Pesci is worth watching! If he could be George Carlin's deity of worship, I'd say that's good enough for me.

Ahem... Eight Heads in a Duffle Bag would like to have a word with you.

18 minutes ago, Jello said:

Ahem... Eight Heads in a Duffle Bag would like to have a word with you.

4 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

And hey, almost any movie with Joe Pesci is worth watching!

I know, I do enjoy his acting. I was just breaking your balls. :)

Edited by Jello

On 5/17/2021 at 10:29 PM, Jello said:

...The Terminal, that was just a terrible movie

I really enjoyed that movie. I tend to enjoy, or be able to watch a lot of movies that seem to be 'bad' or 'not good'. I'm not big into movies though.