Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

Monty Pythons Life Of Brian!. one of the greatest comedies ever (i still think Monty python and the holy grail is better)

I'm going through all of the Godzilla movies, so instead of periodically mentioning them here over the next while, I'll probably make a thread down the road ranking all of them. So far, Son of Godzilla remains my undisputed favorite. Bless you, Son of Godzilla. 

Does watching Civvie rage about a game for an hour count as a movie? Guess last movie I watched was his blood 2 ragefies.. I mean blood 2 remastered review.

1 hour ago, The BMFG said:

Monty Pythons Life Of Brian!. one of the greatest comedies ever (i still think Monty python and the holy grail is better)

Same here, I always considered the Quest for the Holy Grail to be better than the Life of Brian. But the latter is far more popular and well known. Both of them are classics in any case.

As for the topic: the last movie I watched was called Nightmare City.

It was some crazy low budget 70's zombie flick. Except the zombies could run, think and use weapons (and guns). Naturally radiation was involved, it always was the main culprit in 70's and 80's zombie movies. The make-up on them was ridiculous though, you could see their faces under the paper-mache masks. Like actually make out their skin and features.

One man in particular made up about 30% of the zombies in the movie. Different make-up but the same face and often wearing the same clothes. The cheesy theme tune would also kick in every 5 minutes throughout the movie.

The whole thing was hilarious, but that has more to do with my silly sense of humour. It was quite good considering when it was made.

At the end of April, I decided to get around to three films I haven't seen before, as they were about to be taken off of Amazon Prime: Dazed and Confused, The Prestige, and Zodiac. I liked them all very much! I do have to be in the right mood to watch movies sometimes, but I'm an easy critic and I like almost everything that I see. Almost.

21 minutes ago, Sotenga said:

The Prestige

Nicely-done tension between the 2 main magicians. I, too, enjoyed the movie.

23 minutes ago, Sotenga said:

Zodiac

The movie is a bit long, but it does bring out the many twists and turns in this real-life tragedy/drama. Another good choice.

A: I now think The Prestige is actually Nolan's best film. I'm not a HUGE fan of his works, but this one was just so well-done overall.

B: Zodiac did go a bit longer than it maybe should have, but I can see why some consider it Fincher's finest film. 

C: I think the film I saw before the above was Wonder Woman 84. General reception on it seemed mixed but I ended up liking it, especially for Pedro Pascal's performance. Yup, I like comic book films, feel free to lawsuit me for it!

Army of the Dead. 

Wasn't that impressed, especially with the Aliens rip off.  Dave Bautista was about the best thing in it and I don't think it's his finest moment. 

Ingrid Goes West

Happiest Season

I was having an Aubrey Plaza double feature lol. I totally forgot Wyatt Russell was in Ingrid Goes West. Also, I wish Aubrey's character ended up with Kristen Stewart's character in Happiest Season.

Why do people always keep insisting on using atomic weaponry to deal with Godzilla? That never ends well.

Last movie I saw was Demon Slayer: Mugen Train! Haaa, it was awesome. I loved it. They adapted that arc well from the manga! Plus seeing a 2D film in the cinema after.... I can't even remember the last time I saw a 2D film in cinema.... so it was quite the experience! I loved this arc in the manga, but seeing it animated brought it to a whole new level. 

14 minutes ago, Kokoro Hane said:

Last movie I saw was Demon Slayer: Mugen Train! Haaa, it was awesome. I loved it. They adapted that arc well from the manga! Plus seeing a 2D film in the cinema after.... I can't even remember the last time I saw a 2D film in cinema.... 

Depending on were you live Dragon Ball Super Broly got into theaters even in some places of latin america

Just watched The Towering Inferno for the first time, not sure how I missed it after all these years.   Great cheesy 70's disaster-movie goodness.

I watched "Kangaroo Jack". It was a pretty good time. I like Kangaroos though, and also, I'm easily amused, so that may have something to do why I liked it.
 Kangaroo Jack has something for everybody - The Outback, lots of Kangaroos, Mafia characters, a romance story, a heart warming story about two best friends, and even more. It's loads of fun.

Watch this one, it's worth it.

i recently watched taxi driver

1 hour ago, Billy Baron said:

I watched "Kangaroo Jack". It was a pretty good time. I like Kangaroos though, and also, I'm easily amused, so that may have something to do why I liked it.
 Kangaroo Jack has something for everybody - The Outback, lots of Kangaroos, Mafia characters, a romance story, a heart warming story about two best friends, and even more. It's loads of fun.

Watch this one, it's worth it.

I've never seen so much green in one brown package

My last movie was Zoolander. Still funny and quotable as ever

On 6/1/2021 at 4:48 PM, Kokoro Hane said:

Last movie I saw was Demon Slayer: Mugen Train! Haaa, it was awesome. I loved it. They adapted that arc well from the manga! Plus seeing a 2D film in the cinema after.... I can't even remember the last time I saw a 2D film in cinema.... so it was quite the experience! I loved this arc in the manga, but seeing it animated brought it to a whole new level. 

This was my first time seeing anime on the big screen, and it was fucking awesome

6 hours ago, Serum said:

This was my first time seeing anime on the big screen, and it was fucking awesome

I've only seen one anime on the big screen, and it was with my son at one of the major art houses in the Dallas area (the Angelika). It was "Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door." Well worth the price of admission. My son loved it. However, I found it strange that they recycled the costume of the "special guest star" of the movie from RahXephon's main female character. Interesting.

I think it was about 3-4 years ago but I caught a showing of Perfect Blue at the local Contemporary Arts centre. That was neat, it's one of my favourite animated movies. 

Awkwardly my Aunt from Australia was visiting at the time and wanted to go with me. I made it clear what the movie was going to be, and I would say she was fine with it. Still awkward. 

On 6/5/2021 at 1:21 AM, Serum said:

Damn right it was awesome!!! It was my first time seeing an anime on the big screen as well, and the first time in forever seeing a 2D film!! 

EDIT: Scratch that, I did see an anime film on the big screen long ago.... Pokemon 3: Spell of the Unown (which was pretty damn awesome too, it's still my favorite Pokemon film to this day)

However, fun fact: Demon Slayer was my first time seeing an R rated film in theaters. I have seen R films, but never in the cinema.

So I finally watched the original Halloween.

Spoiler

for a second i was wondering how mike myers just carried a tombstone around with him the whole time

Edited by Marn

The most recent one I can think of is Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 and that was like months back. Pretty enjoyable movies but I like Vol.1 more because it has more action.