Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

1978's Halloween. I don't like Rob Zombie's remake. Made Michael Myers a product of white trash. I came from a white trash home, why didn't I become a supernatural serial killer?

The Original Texas Chain Saw Massacre from 1974. I watched it with my dad today cause both of us haven't seen it even though it's such a classic and iconic movie. It takes long until finally something happens but in the second half it's just awesome when Leatherface is chasing the Girl with his Chainsaw ! Very cool Film !

I picked up Ant-Man for a few dollars, it was pretty cool. The shrinking/enlarging mechanic was used to great action and comedic effect, better than I expected.

I also grabbed Ghost In The Shell. I've been a long-time fan of the entire GitS series, so maybe I'm biased towards the positive, but I loved this movie. 

Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters, which is about a group of the world's best Tetris players coming together to try and determine which of them is the best. It's really quite enjoyable, and very uplifting. 

Getting caught up:

Suicide Squad (extended edition) I wasn't expecting anything brilliant from this movie, and for the most part I didn't get it. Which is fine, Suicide Squad is one of the most 80s concepts in existence. But on the other hand, it was still a genuinely fun movie, and that's what mattered. Some good performances too.

Blade Runner: Final Cut My favorite movie of all time. Watched this last Friday to get caught up for the sequel. I could watch this a million times and not get sick of it.

Psycho Kicking off the Halloween movies for October is this old classic. Hitchcock is still one of the masters, and Anthony Perkins played an amazing role as a sad, dorky nerd with a dark side. The film sorta falls apart at the end, but up until then it's fantastic.

Blade Runner 2049 Everything I could have asked for in a Blade Runner sequel and more. It draws much more heavily, setting-wise, from the original PKD book, which was a nice touch. It's also very careful to avoid being too much of an action film, though there's certainly more action than the last movie. It plays with concepts such as the nature of humanity and what separates us from replicants, who are like us in every way that's important.

I want to see the new Blade Runner so bad, but I'll likely be swamped with bills until it's in the bargain bin, unfortunately. Some movies are worth seeing on the big screen.

My personal take on the original film was that the replicants were different than humans in important ways. Hopefully they played that angle as well.

I just finished the first Matrix movie last weekend and by golly was it an interesting watch. I honestly don't have an opinion on it, but I thought it was an overall good movie. Time to finish the rest of the trilogy...

1 minute ago, nxGangGirl said:

Time to finish the rest of the trilogy...

Don't get your hopes up .....

The first Matrix movie was, indeed, an eye-opener. The next 2 movies, it seems to me, were terribly over-the-top. But I'll let you make that decision.

I liked them myself, having watched the whole trilogy about 10 years ago.

Should do that again, see where I stand with them now.

Just now, ReX said:

Don't get your hopes up .....

The first Matrix movie was, indeed, an eye-opener. The next 2 movies, it seems to me, were terribly over-the-top. But I'll let you make that decision.

I'm aware. I didn't come into watching the first movie with any expectations so I won't with the other two. The only thing I really care about is if it's entertaining or not.

STAR TREK BEYOND is and enjoyable movie. Maybe the best of the three from the reboot franchise. It felt more futuristic than Rogue One, then again the point of Star Wars is to have a war in space. Its haunting to see a dead actor acting. Plus the fact that they give a toast saying "I found this booze in Chekov's locker" before they've shown Chekov made me feel like he was just dead in the movie too. Then the next scene they showed him and I wondered... who did they toast to then?

THE ORVILLE is awesome. Sure its not a movie, but its more Star Trek than Enterprise or Discovery. The humor seems to drag the show down. It has comedy, but it doesn't feel like a Star Trek parody. The Orville feels like its own thing that doesn't need to rely on Star Trek knowledge to be entertaining. In fact the reboots in their comedy feel more like a parody of itself.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2: THE REBOOTINING was such a big, dumb, fun movie and surpassed the original reboot in every way. I am so high on the movie. It was everything I wanted from a TMNT movie and then some no matter how implausible. They did a lot with a lot of characters and every shot was somehow special. Why push a car when you can flip it? Dozens of cars flipped in the span of two hours. After seeing it, I looked at its 3 out of 5 star rating and I'm happy I go into movies blind now. Everything is just so much better.

10 CLOVERFIELD LANE was so enjoyable I watched it twice. Once with a friend and then her husband came home and well had to show me his unicycle so I got distracted. Anyway wow John Goodman is uncomfortably great. What's awesome is the second time I watched it at home alone from midnight to 2 am... at 1 am I heard a semi truck honking when semis don't travel on my road let alone honk at 1 am. I kept hearing car doors slam. It was odd and added to the experience.

AEON FLUX is the third or fourth time I've seen it. I always want to see it, then I get say 10 minutes in and I realize just how boring and dull it is. I saw this thing in theaters too. My mind was blown at a revelation in theaters that explained the entire cartoon.

DEATHNOTE is something the Internet seemed to hate. So naturally I loved it. My friend loved it too and she rarely enjoys things. They rarely capture her attention as she will read during movies. I've never seen the anime, I don't know how they "messed it up" because I enjoyed it.

Hulu lured me into a second free trial. I'm going to run out of movies I want to see pretty soon. Next will be Mission Impossible 5.

I rarely go to cinema due to a tight budget and my shit movie taste. I went watching Blade Runner 2049 and it was beautifully made. The twist is not Syamalan shit tier of twist and I only get half of what the movie trying to tell me. 10/10 would watch again - IGN.

“Sometimes to love someone… you’ve got to be a stranger.”
-Rick Deckard

I saw Deathgasm for the second time yesterday, had a good time. The last movie i saw that i havent watched before was Kizumonogatari part III.

Blade Runner 2049, I'm a huge fan of the original Blade Runner, and the new one did not dissapoint. I'll probably watch it numerous times again in the future.

Renegades, meh nothing special here. 

Ghost in the Shell, saw it while flying to Hong Kong, one I must see again on a bigger screen. 

Edited by Dutch Doomer

16 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

Is blade runner 2049 worth watching if you already know the ending? Damn Trolls got to me on the internet

Yep because you need to watch the rest of the movie to understand the ending FULLY and the entire context behind it, which is the rest of the movie.

These war movies.

Platoon (1986)

Full Metal Jacket (1987)

Born on the Forth of July (1989)

Saving Private Ryan (1998)

Fury (2014)

This horror movie

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

This Judd Apatow movie.

The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)

and now onto Knocked Up (2007)

1 hour ago, DustFalcon85 said:

These war movies.

Platoon (1986)

Full Metal Jacket (1987)

Born on the Forth of July (1989)

Saving Private Ryan (1998)

Fury (2014)

This horror movie

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

This Judd Apatow movie.

The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)

and now onto Knocked Up (2007)

If you like war movies I would also recommend The Deer Hunter and The Thin Red Line

Would also recommend Apocalypse Now. Your choice on original or redux -- I prefer redux personally.

Just watched Get Out. Did my fucking head in. Won't spoil, just wanna say it's one of the most uncomfortable movies I've ever seen. The inclusion of Rod the TSA guy was absolutely necessary for keeping things from getting to be too much.

If you're familiar with John Frankenheimer's films (especially Seconds, 1966) then you're in a good position to appreciate the mindfuck that is Get Out.

Summer Wars. It was very unpleasant to watch. Characters are obnoxious, temperamental, violent, and stupid. One of the characters who is supposed to serve as something of a moral compass and voice of reason attempts to murder someone, and faces zero repercussions for it. It's also predictable, contrived, and has a few plot holes. By the end, I just wanted the villain to wipe out all of humanity. 

Gonna watch Blade Runner 2049 later this week with my dad, hoping it’s as good as everyone says!