Most recent movie you saw

The original Hellraiser for the first time as I missed it.

I was expecting something more epic, but it was pretty underwhelming...

For New Year's we watched Batman '89 and then the original Terminator.

It's always a good time whenever I revisit Mac & Me. But man, some of those stunts really don't look safe.

Edited by Ajora

Posted (edited)

Battle Royale, the first one. One of last movies that are enough edgy and I havent seen them yet.

The Mask with Jim Carrey, still good but sometimes I couldn't help but think of that awful sequel with Jamie Kennedy 

HOSTEL. There's something about watching a rich elite club torturing your average stupid tourist that's so satisfying & genius at the same time.

Edited by royaldj

Posted (edited)

I rewatched Guyver 2: Dark Hero last night.  Forgot how much I love that movie and series.

1 hour ago, royaldj said:

HOSTEL. There's something about watching a rich elite club torturing your average stupid tourist that's so satisfying & genius at the same time.

Just wish Eli Roth would get to it already instead of doing the whole 80's slasher thing where the idiots spend 30 minutes of the movie partying and having sex. 

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

Just wish Eli Roth would get to it already instead of doing the whole 80's slasher thing where the idiots spend 30 minutes of the movie partying and having sex. 

I wish he would make another Hostel movie. 

I saw Bright with Will Smith. If you can make it past the first terrible 15 minutes of medieval fantasy tropes in modern day Los Angeles its a good movie. I can't help but wonder if it would have more appeal if it was set in the 1950s with the only black cop in a white police station rather than the only orc in a human police department.

8 hours ago, royaldj said:

If I wanted to watch rich psychopaths hurting ordinary people I can put on CSPAN.

3 people like this

Hostel's overrated anyway, takes way too long to get to the meat of the film and then it's not even that special. Eli Roth is also a baby and wouldn't make a third movie because the second one was apparently pirated too much (it looks like a third one came out anyway, direct to video and bombed). He's also technically a pedophile, and bragged about being able to bang 14 year olds in other countries. Yeah uh, screw Hostel.

I watched the 70s Australian dipsomania classic Wake In Fright, a brutal and funny movie with a keen eye for human behavior 

The Neverending Storeeeeeee, ah aaaaaah ah aaah aaaaaaaaah

1 person likes this

I saw Steve Jobs. Wasn't too keen on it, mostly because I just didn't like the character (couldn't say how accurate the depiction is), nor did I really find him all that interesting. When I was finished, I watched a few Youtube videos about the histories of the Apple 2 and the Macintosh, which I found to be far more interesting. 

Edited by Ajora