Most recent movie you saw

Just finished watching American Psycho, got tired of seeing scenes with Bale from that movie.

Pretty interesting, but nothing particularly brilliant. Well, better than the typical crime stuff at least.

6 hours ago, luckyjack said:

Don’t Breathe (2016) — an excellent and (as far as I can tell) original, horror / thriller. Certainly a nail biter! Would definitely recommend this as something different. The less you know about it the better. I knew the premise and thought it would be much better if I knew nothing about it. Not sure how rewatchable it would be though.

I watched this not too long ago and wasn't impressed, actually. The ending was interesting, though.

3 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Just finished watching American Psycho, got tired of seeing scenes with Bale from that movie.

Pretty interesting, but nothing particularly brilliant. Well, better than the typical crime stuff at least.

The book is 1000x better, imo. But I guess that could said about most books-turned-movies...

2 people like this

I love the book, it's super graphic too, definitely one of those cases where adapting to film would've been troublesome. Fun fact though, in the unrated version towards the end when whatsherface is looking through Bateman's doodles they're referencing the things he did in the book that went off-screen for the film.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Chewyninja69 said:

The book is 1000x better, imo. But I guess that could said about most books-turned-movies...

Yeah, probably, movie or any kind of adaptions typically leave material out (sometimes unfortunately important stuff), so maybe that's the main reason it was pretty meh. Or maybe it was just the execution? Well I can't tell, never read the book, honestly until you mentioned this I was completely unaware it was based on one.

Still, I suppose there's more faithfully adapted stuff out there, The Shining for instance from what a friend who had read the books told me the movie is pretty accurate. Saw the movie but yet to read the books as well so I can't tell if that's true either.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

it's super graphic too...

That's the understatement of the year.... lol  

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Yeah, probably, movie or any kind of adaptions typically leave material out (sometimes unfortunately important stuff), so maybe that's the main reason it was pretty meh. Or maybe it was just the execution? Well I can't tell, never read the book, honestly until you mentioned this I was completely unaware it was based on one.

Yeah, there was a lot of issues with even getting the movie made; at one point Leonardo diCaprio and Martin Scorsese were attached to the film, but dropped out due to various reasons. It was/is unique in the fact that for all the gory, misogynistic violence and degradation portrayed in the novel, the film was directed and screenplay written by women. Neat tidbit, I thought.

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, Chewyninja69 said:

Yeah, there was a lot of issues with even getting the movie made; at one point Leonardo diCaprio and Martin Scorsese were attached to the film, but dropped out due to various reasons. It was/is unique in the fact that for all the gory, misogynistic violence and degradation portrayed in the novel, the film was directed and screenplay written by women. Neat tidbit, I thought.

The irony, but it's not the first time I see this.

1 person likes this

Kubrick's Shining is loosely based on King's book, I never read it but I saw the TV miniseries from '97 and it was awful.

1 person likes this