Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

Recommended Posts

Downfall again because they put it back on Netflix. I love how there are like 19 gradations of bad nazis, real bad nazis, kind of honorable soldiers that happen to be nazis, fugging hitler, the lady that kills her kids so that can't be good, etc.

Share this post


Link to post

Universal Soldier Day of Reckoning. Really underappreciated Straight-to-DVD movie. Awesome action scenes, DOLPH LUNDGREN, gallons of blood and really enjoyable plot.

Share this post


Link to post

Ratchet & Clank. I didn't make it through at least yet. Wow its just not what I wanted to see. There's just less danger in an animated action movie and the comedy of the "action comedy" part is just so bad. Its feels like a Youtuber wrote it. "Activate the death ray" "!!! ACTIVATE THE DEATH RAY !!! " "Seriously?" Now that's some good dialog.

Superman Returns I own it on DVD, watched it several times its long enough to fall asleep an hour in and wake up with 30 minutes to go. This time I stayed awake through the whole thing. Its dark what with modern DC movies, but its true Christopher Reeves acting even if its not Christopher Reeves. The best part about the movie is the questionable son.

Snake Eyes You won't believe this, but guys.... Nicholas Cage plays a cop in a gambling city! I know right! Its tough to determine which of his movies by that description alone. I liked it as bad as it was. Unlikable characters, tough to follow plot, sheer idiocy and terrible sound effects straight out of what I can only describe as a cartoon show. Cage whips someone with his jacket and there's an actual whip sound effect. Its a tough first 15 minutes before the actual plot happens. Its also like they're making soup and just throwing everything in. Boxing match, assassination, last night of an arena's existence, oh and there's a near hurricane going on outside.

Share this post


Link to post

I have never watched Star Wars in my whole life, until now. Well the first two movies.

Overall, I can see why people like this. The story's rich, the universe is pretty cool, the technology is cool (I guess).

Spoiler

That Anikan Skywalker frighteningly reminds me of myself. If I'm correct, he becomes Darth Vader, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Voros said:

I have never watched Star Wars in my whole life, until now. Well the first two movies.

Overall, I can see why people like this. The story's rich, the universe is pretty cool, the technology is cool (I guess).

Spoiler

That Anikan Skywalker frighteningly reminds me of myself. If I'm correct, he becomes Darth Vader, right?

Spoiler

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post

Dog Eat Dog with Nicholas Cage, William DeFoe and some bald thug play bad guys doing heists. At some point Nicholas Cage and the gang need to pose as cops. Nick as a cop. Seems to be his thing. This is one drug trip, dreamy movie. I didn't even understand what happened in the ending. Something happened, but then something else happened that had nothing to do with the first happening. I'd say DeFoe is the real star of it playing a psychopathic coke fiend that has ups and downs.

Share this post


Link to post

Skyline.
Not a terribly bad movie. But the logics were laughable. I hope atleast Beyond Skyline turns out to be good.

Saving Private Ryan.
One of the best war movies I have ever seen!

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw "The Bourne Identity". Damn! great great movie!!
It's like the 'movie for splinter cell', in a 'doom-movie way'.
very very recommendable.

Share this post


Link to post
pablogener said:

I just saw "The Bourne Identity". Damn! great great movie!!
It's like the 'movie for splinter cell', in a 'doom-movie way'.
very very recommendable.

You seriously did not watch the best part yet. Watch the other two ventures and you'll know what I mean :p

Share this post


Link to post

Rogue One.

It was better than I expected. Maybe the characters weren't as intriguing as the classics, but that massive infiltration/action scene that took like the entire second half of the movie might have been one of the best such sequences I've seen in years, maybe even top 5 in my entire life.

I think I liked it more than Force Awakens, if only because it wasn't so derivative. A movie whose plot is so dependent on another always invites comparison to the original, and in that regard, it had quite a number of shortcomings.

SWDude said:

Skyline.
Not a terribly bad movie. But the logics were laughable. I hope atleast Beyond Skyline turns out to be good.

I thought it was decent enough, though I suppose it depends on what you look for in a movie.

To me, you watch movies first and foremost, and they definitely nailed the visuals on that one. Glowing brains I could have passed on, but IIRC the studio forced that for a PG-13 rating.

On the other hand, the acting was TV quality at best, and for people who need believable and convincing characters, I can see why they'd rate it lower. For me, in a movie like that, I just need them to get me by, and they mostly did that, so no huge complaints there.

I didn't even realize the sequel was happening. If the trailer shows improvement, I'll probably give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post

Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

I have never watched Stars Wars in my whole life, but damn, this prequel trilogy is amazing. The best part I think of this, is how Anakin becomes the popular Darth Vader. In fact, how the whole Republic was being played, ingenious.

Going to keep watching consecutively till I get to The Force Awakens. I can see why people love this franchise. It's a timeless classic, isn't it?

Spoiler

I may or may not have cummed after seeing THAT Darth Vader we all know.

Share this post


Link to post

The Bride of Frankenstein. While it was more ambitious and dramatic than the first movie, I prefer the original. Several unintentionally goofy moments and a heavily rushed climax hold The Bride of Frankenstein back a bit. I also felt cheated that the actual bride was barely in the movie at all.

Share this post


Link to post

I just finished watching In The Mouth of Madness, one of my favorite John Carpenter movies. Here's a great retrospective review of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Voros said:

Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith

I have never watched Stars Wars in my whole life, but damn, this prequel trilogy is amazing. The best part I think of this, is how Anakin becomes the popular Darth Vader. In fact, how the whole Republic was being played, ingenious.


It's interesting to hear an outside perspective on the prequels. Though their mere mention sends some fans into meltdown I don't mind them, there's good stuff to be found between the wooden dialog and tepid cinematography. I try and watch the whole 6 movie ordeal every year.

Share this post


Link to post

District 9 at my sister's place Saturday evening~ very good watch! Been meaning to for a while and she said we should watch it...so we did! :D
Very much enjoyed the mix of documentary style filming alongside the storytelling, as it made it much more believable! Couple plot holes here and there, but overall awesome watch- shame there wasn't another made because it just begs to be continued!

Share this post


Link to post

Definitely Birdman (2014) with Michael Keaton. Amazing film. There are no separate scenes, everything is followed by the camera, a neverending story and you have to guess how much time has gone by because it's all seamless. No black screens or "wtf transitions". It's a drama-comedy about a washed-up actor putting on a privately-important screenplay, he recruits a savante actor (Ed Norton) to help him realize his vision. Zach Galifianakis is the cutthroat lawyer who manages our struggling actor Michael Keaton. And Emma Stone provides great insight and offers the most honest appraisal of our unreliable narrator.

Share this post


Link to post

Gerry ( 2002 )
2 guys lost in the desert, sort of an artistic movie

All Quiet on the Western Front ( 1930 )
Probably the best movie about ww1 ever to be made

Rambo First Blood ( 1982 ) part 1 and 2
I never knew why do people like the rambo series so much. NOW I KNOW



I don't know what movie should i see next... it's pretty frustrating...

Share this post


Link to post

I have finally finished watching the original trilogy and prequel trilogy of Star Wars for the first time in my life. The only movie that felt boring to watch was A New Hope. It felt dull and rushed for some reason. Other than that, the rest of the movies were well worth the time. Especially how there's always these twists and turns to surprise you.

Share this post


Link to post

I finally got around to watching Mad Max Fury Road. That was a fun movie.

FuzzballFox said:

District 9 at my sister's place Saturday evening~ very good watch!


Yeah that's certainly a good watch. That reminds me I have yet to watch Chappie.

Share this post


Link to post

Some of you already know I just watched the original trilogy and prequel of Star Wars. Now to put the icing on the cake, The Force Awakens.

Let me just say it feels off. The beginning of the movie was basically the beginning of the first one: bad guy comes in, guy with important stuff puts said stuff in a droid, droid goes to a wasteland, guy captured by bad guy, droid recovered by aliens, droid rescued by a person from the aliens etc etc. I was hoping for something more fresh, not a reimagining of Star Wars' Episode IV intro.

Another thing is the character Kylo Ren. "Ben", Han Solo's son who was seduced by the dark side. Sound familiar, people? It's just the other-way/around version of Luke and Anikan.

Ben is also overrated. He wears a mask, for what purpose? To look cool and scary with that fake voice? Darth Vader had the mask so that he could breathe. And it was damn cool helmet, so yeah. I love it when a movie implements something cool and gives it a legit reason eg why the terminator in The Terminator wore sunglasses (to hide the damaged eye). Too bad now the Terminator films are like "it's cool, thats why."

Ben is also has this uncontrollable anger, which is boring to watch. If he were really a Jedi, wouldn't he have learned to control the anger to some limit? Darth Vader did it right. He never showed his anger by breaking stuff with his lightsaber like a madman. He just kills the guy responsible (in front of others), then forces the next-in-command to take over, while saying a few words that are basically a threat hidden by encouraging words.

The lightsaber is also overated. Sure Darth Maul had two lightsabers together like a sceptre of some kind, at least it makes sense as a weapon. But two smaller ones near the handle is just another "it's cool, that's why." There's no tactical advantage of having a lightsaber like that.

If there's one thing the movie was truly enjoyable about, was Han Solo himself. Never get tired listening to that guy... Now he's dead... Fuckin darn it, they took out funniest guy of the whole set.

What really interested me, for some reason, was Finn. A stormtrooper that suddenly has a conscience? Interesting, never expected that. Looking forward what this guy has to offer later on.

TL;DR: disappointed, but willing to give it a chance for the next to instalments.

Share this post


Link to post

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Voros said:

Some of you already know I just watched the original trilogy and prequel of Star Wars. Now to put the icing on the cake, The Force Awakens.

Let me just say it feels off. The beginning of the movie was basically the beginning of the first one: bad guy comes in, guy with important stuff puts said stuff in a droid, droid goes to a wasteland, guy captured by bad guy, droid recovered by aliens, droid rescued by a person from the aliens etc etc. I was hoping for something more fresh, not a reimagining of Star Wars' Episode IV intro.

Another thing is the character Kylo Ren. "Ben", Han Solo's son who was seduced by the dark side. Sound familiar, people? It's just the other-way/around version of Luke and Anikan.

Ben is also overrated. He wears a mask, for what purpose? To look cool and scary with that fake voice? Darth Vader had the mask so that he could breathe. And it was damn cool helmet, so yeah. I love it when a movie implements something cool and gives it a legit reason eg why the terminator in The Terminator wore sunglasses (to hide the damaged eye). Too bad now the Terminator films are like "it's cool, thats why."

Ben is also has this uncontrollable anger, which is boring to watch. If he were really a Jedi, wouldn't he have learned to control the anger to some limit? Darth Vader did it right. He never showed his anger by breaking stuff with his lightsaber like a madman. He just kills the guy responsible (in front of others), then forces the next-in-command to take over, while saying a few words that are basically a threat hidden by encouraging words.

The lightsaber is also overated. Sure Darth Maul had two lightsabers together like a sceptre of some kind, at least it makes sense as a weapon. But two smaller ones near the handle is just another "it's cool, that's why." There's no tactical advantage of having a lightsaber like that.

If there's one thing the movie was truly enjoyable about, was Han Solo himself. Never get tired listening to that guy... Now he's dead... Fuckin darn it, they took out funniest guy of the whole set.

What really interested me, for some reason, was Finn. A stormtrooper that suddenly has a conscience? Interesting, never expected that. Looking forward what this guy has to offer later on.

TL;DR: disappointed, but willing to give it a chance for the next to instalments.


As a HUGE Star Wars Fan that I am, I agree with everything you said, for me Star Wars Episode VII is a reboot of Star Wars Episode IV, and about Han Solo, Harrison Ford wanted Han Solo to die on Empire Strikes Back, but they didn't kill him at the time, so they called on him to do Episode VII and he only agreed to do that if Han Solo got killed, they also paid him 25 million dollars for it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×