Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spectre01

Any YouTube channels with good PWAD Let's Plays/Commentary?

Something in the vein of BigMacDavis, who's been MIA for almost a year, that provides insightful commentary as they max the maps. Stru, who sometimes posts here, is also entertaining but I can't seem to find anyone else who does something similar.

The only Doom PWAD letsplayer i know is Aquarius199, but i can't say his commentary is exactly good, since it's text commentary.. but i enjoyed watching him anyway.

Katamori and John Suitepee - to name two in the community. AltimaMantoid too - but he doesn't seem to be as active in the community anymore. Also, no listing would be complete without Tarnsman [blind lp's especially] and Joe-Ilya but they're mostly on Twitch rather than YouTube from what I recall.

Playing PWADs are not so popular as Speedrunning and reviewing Mods so these who starts it - abandoned it because no one wants work with it and see that he has only 4-40 views of his videos.

Why is everyone forgetting Major Arlene? She plays one wad a day, with a facecam.
Though, her playing style is a bit weird, e.g. she picks up a medikit even if she has 95% health. Still, she makes OK reviews.

bzzrak said:

Why is everyone forgetting Major Arlene? She plays one wad a day, with a facecam.
Though, her playing style is a bit weird, e.g. she picks up a medikit even if she has 95% health. Still, she makes OK reviews.

Not a big fan of her over-reliance on console cheats and mlook, but she has much more variety than pretty much anyone else out there.

bzzrak said:

Clicked on her last Going Down video and she's playing with God Mode and complaining about the difficulty being bullshit. Yeah, not exactly what I was looking for. :P

Checked out Major Arlene's videos. Kind of lame that in a lot of wads she uses console commands and complains about the difficulty throughout the whole video ( especially in her Going Down review ). Not only that but she seems incredibly disinterested in most of the wads she plays as if she could think of a thousand other things she'd rather be doing.

I could do some if you want, if you do tell me what kind wads youd want done and what kind of commentary, it seems like your looking for these for research reasons so It's good I'm not someone who hams it up. If your interested let me know, also should the commentary be real time or post play If I do it?

I'd love to watch LPers who are knowledgeable about the PWADS they play and guide you through the best way to max each level similar to how Altima Mantoid does with the IWADS.

I make PWAD Let's Plays... Though I'm still new and may suck at it.

Zulk-RS said:

I make PWAD Let's Plays... Though I'm still new and may suck at it.

URL?

WhamNinjaMolehill has good standards overall, it always feels he is present on what he is doing.