Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
niguel

about the actual gameplay video

okay, i just saw it, and i have question about the beginning of the video, where's this suspicious scientist who goes to the room and talks to someone. and the voice that answers him... does anyone else think that this guy made somekind of deal with the demons, cuz after that everything goes wrong and those lost souls are unleashed and such...

Gatewatcher. Firstly, your image doesn't work because it's on geoshitties. Secondly, don't piss people off. It's just a question.

The answer is: we don't know. I'm guessing the guy the scientist talks to is his UAC superior (the guy behind the wicked experiment), because I doubt Satan would communicate through computers. (Though that does sort of explain Stile Project).

Lord FlatHead said:

Gatewatcher. Firstly, your image doesn't work because it's on geoshitties. Secondly, don't piss people off. It's just a question.

It doesn't work? i can see it fine... also i wasn't trying to piss him off, it was just a little joke =)

gatewatcher said:

It doesn't work? i can see it fine... also i wasn't trying to piss him off, it was just a little joke =)

I can't see it. What is it?

yeah there's definitely something going on there, the guy obviously knows where the gate is pointing and wants the helly flying skulls of Zombification and shit to come and turn everyone into.. well... Zombies.

Anyone else think that the Zombies walking around arms outstretched is totally lame? All that's missing is them saying "I want to eat you're braaaaaaains..."

Nah, I think the typical zombie behaviour is kinda cool. It adds that cheesy B-movie quality that the first Doom also had to an extent.

Though I wonder just what the hell they're planning to do: they're just unarmed civilians. The posessed commandos look very impressive, these guys just wobble around and make grunting noises a lot.

Heh, zombies are cool.
Hopefully, they won't be killable like the ones in Doom, you should have to jib them with your rocket launcher or BFG to truly kill them. Bullets just don't stop a zombie.

DooMBoy said:

Heh, zombies are cool.
Hopefully, they won't be killable like the ones in Doom, you should have to jib them with your rocket launcher or BFG to truly kill them. Bullets just don't stop a zombie.

No. That ruined Quake. When you kill an enemy in doom, he's dead. (Unless there's an Arch-Vile nearby :))

Oh no, not unkillable zombies. Darn it, that would be just like my dream. Ugh, it was really annoying, because I only had a limited amount of ammo, and those zombies refused to die. PLEASE no unkillable zombies!!! Of course, in retrospect, I suppose it would be cool to have my dream come true. I wish I could see the video everyone's been raving about, but alas, I only have a 56k modem. It sounds awesome, though, and I know I'm going to love Doom III. So far, it's sounding exactly what I want from Doom III.

Well, when you see the leaked video, if you watch closely, when the gate opens up with that eerie red glow and the Lost Souls come flying out, a face of something appears on it just before the Lost Souls come out. You can't really make out too many details though.

It looks somewhat humanish...it could be the Devil or whatever demon it is that got the scientist to open the gateway.

BTW, for me it looks as if the guy attached to the glowing pentagramm is the scientist again. Will he be sacrificed? Or maybe transformed into some sort of boss monster you meet later in the game?

Tetzlaff said:

BTW, for me it looks as if the guy attached to the glowing pentagramm is the scientist again.

Yeah. I'm sure it is.

ahh.. that crusified guy on the glowing pentagram thing would make a bueatifull wallpaper.. I would love to have that pic in high res on my desktop

The same scientist on the pentagram confirmed my doubts and he opened the gate for the evil!! THAT BASTARD! I want to kill him!

The scientist is just following his orders - he's probably not evil.
Yeah the former human commandos look really awesome, shame that the doomguy doesn't wear similar army camouflage pants - that would really make him look awesome.

dsm said:

The scientist is just following his orders - he's probably not evil.
Yeah the former human commandos look really awesome, shame that the doomguy doesn't wear similar army camouflage pants - that would really make him look awesome.

Maybe our protagonist is from somekind of special unit?

Wonder what would he benefit by releasing the demons from the portal...

Um, pardon me, dammit I said unkillable and I meant unkillable, not immortal. Just kidding, but I like unkillable better, and yes, I made it up. The point is, i want to "swap some bullets upside their heads," and when I do, I want that to take care of the zombie problem. Speaking of gibbing, is there going to be gibbing in Doom 3? I mean, we know that there will not be any SOF style bloodfest, but will creatures chunkify when hit with rockets? And will it be the gay Quake version which I hate so much? I say bring back Doom gibbing, though it's little more than the monsters turning inside out, and it makes little sense, it's definitely gorier (made that up, too, in case anyone wants to complain about my word choice again). Actually, seeing as how this is the first Id game since Doom that will feature models detailed enough to rival the Doom's sprites (sure they were tiny and pixelated, but they definitely had more detail and character than any Quake model ever has), I would definitely like to see something more creative than red polygons and a few pixels flying out when you gib a monster. Sorry to go off topic, but I feel it had to be dealt with. And why would a scientist open a gate to Hell? I mean, what could he possibly gain from it, unless he didn't know, or he was hoping to use the demon army for his own purposes, like in the Alien movies how they're always trying to use them as weapons.

the gibbing in quake3 was the best in the quake series.
i think the 'gibs' (blocks?) in quake1 are hilarious! hitting someone with quad lightning gun and watching them explode into chunks for no reason is funny.

geekmarine said:

And why would a scientist open a gate to Hell? I mean, what could he possibly gain from it ...

Hey, he is a scientist! Not a politician or businessman ... He is eager for knowledge and wants to know what´s going on there, behind the portal, and want´s to know what sort of intelligent beeing is communicating with him. Probably he doesn´t even believe in hell and satanic power.

Actually, from what I take from the video, that's what he did NOT want to happen, because he says:(not word for word)

Yeah, It's done....but I'm concerned that it might over....*interupted* That is not for you to worry about

When you see that guy on the pentagram, it does look like the scientist, and I kinda feel sorry for the poor bastard. (if it IS the scientist)

LorD BaZTArD said:

Actually, from what I take from the video, that's what he did NOT want to happen, because he says:(not word for word)

When you see that guy on the pentagram, it does look like the scientist, and I kinda feel sorry for the poor bastard. (if it IS the scientist)

Yeah. He doesn't deserve to be there. He only followed orders. He didn't know it would happen, it seems.

And who did he follow orders from?

Also I kinda doubted the guy who was stuck on the pentagram was the scientist, it just didn't quite look like him but again I have my doubts due to scenes of the video were too blurry, I cannot certainly confirm my theory. You know, it could be the guard that was being attacked.