Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Walktrought Tarakans.WAD (Hard WAD)

yaqxsw said:

Ok it work. Now I have more chance to win this level.

I get demo.imp and into demo.imp is included a video (I cant make .imp file into video)? I want a demo and parallel video for uploading into YT.

Will demo2.imp information connect with demo1.imp (Also demo2 have demo1 and demo2 inforamtion)? The video seems need have a programm, that I can connect both videos into one walktrought. Is right?

First:
C:\Games\Prboom\glboom-plus.exe -file tarakans.wad -nomusic -record demo1 -warp 4 -complevel 9 -viddump Tarakans4.mkv

If lost:
C:\Games\Prboom\glboom-plus.exe -file tarakans.wad -nomusic -skipsec -10 -recordfromto demo1 demo2 -viddump Tarakans5.mkv

oh man... LOL!

yaqxsw said:

On map 3 on beginning there many pillars and they can open with button. But after first button I cant open second (next too?) button on prboom or glboom. They ignore. On zdoom will work... what should I do?

1. Then simply play it in GZDoom/ZDoom ;D

2. Have you ever read this? https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/18410-welcome-to-the-demos-forum-prboom-plus-usage-wad-and-irc-links-general-info/

3. So far the wad looks nothing but a fucking joke with some hard, lame-ass traps and monster shit. If you still want to play this kind of wad, GO AHEAD and good luck :)

This ladder room was so extrem. My hands were perspired

+ + + Map 5 + + +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPJOWpusWAU

I fucking forgett type record demo... I hope, next map I will write it and attach here a demo.imp with txt.

3. So far the wad looks nothing but a fucking joke with some hard, lame-ass traps and monster shit. If you still want to play this kind of wad, GO AHEAD and good luck :)

Hahhaha :) This map is not so ugly as you thing, just concetrate monster placement, play and try win :)

Release fix wad where there is no such problem.

Can you pls explain more detail? What you mean fix?
I tried change pillar position on doom builder - if they are apart 8 cm each other, they will open... but this will break looking of the map and change strategy.

yaqxsw said:

Can you pls explain more detail? What you mean fix?

NO. Just open that wad, Fix the problems and save that wad SEPARATELY from basic wad and then use command -file tatakans.wad tarakansfix.wad (tarakansfix.wad is your fix).
Or you know what - ignore that map and try something else... It's tooooo difficult for you.

yaqxsw said:

Hahhaha :) This map is not so ugly as you thing, just concetrate monster placement, play and try win :)

wow...:D okay, do whatever you wish :)

yaqxsw said:

+++ 6 +++

Demo too, I hope, I made right.

Do you know about straferunning? Also, you can enable SR50 automation and SR50 on turns, since it's TAS.
Also, first tic of your demo is wait tic. I recommend using DRE/XDRE for "fast starts".

And yes, you did it right.

+++ Level 7 +++

UV-MAX 10:04

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Another challenge map... many tries...

38_ViTa_38: Thank for recommendation, but for me is difficult include this...

Question: Who like this WAD? :)

tarakans_07.zip

yaqxsw said:

Question: Who like this WAD? :)

I'd like to try maxing some maps if it'd no monster joke. I mean wtf? Seriously, look at those Imps and Cacos, they fire like Arachnotron + lots of weird traps! God knows how you're maxing these maps! Anyway, I hope you beat all maps :)

This wad looks about as fun as it is beautiful... and I tend to like slaughter gameplay [/sarcasm]

Seriously, why don't you stop wasting your time on making walkthroughs for a wad nobody cares about, then asking what ppl think and expecting a response. Nobody cares about this trash wad. Give us a walkthrough for something interesting, like Italo-Doom as an example, instead and you might get more positive attention.

I'd like to try maxing some maps if it'd no monster joke. I mean wtf? Seriously, look at those Imps and Cacos, they fire like Arachnotron + lots of weird traps! God knows how you're maxing these maps! Anyway, I hope you beat all maps :)

Thanks +1

Fonze said:

This wad looks about as fun as it is beautiful... and I tend to like slaughter gameplay [/sarcasm]

Seriously, why don't you stop wasting your time on making walkthroughs for a wad nobody cares about, then asking what ppl think and expecting a response. Nobody cares about this trash wad. Give us a walkthrough for something interesting, like Italo-Doom as an example, instead and you might get more positive attention.

There exist demo and video about Italo-doom, why should I make this new? Also I havt found hard WAD, where nobody uploaded a video walktrought + demo. If you have recommendation or found a good WAD, you can writte here (I would like map that can pass no more 30 minuts because I havent so much time for training and passing map).

About Tarakans: I think that is not trash, because there are include traps, small logic, challenge and new monsters. If you have more interest on architecture, then author of this WAD didnt concetrated about this... but there exist some map with good room design.

Don't listen to these guys, if you like the wad then play it as much as you want, it is not like people put a lot of effort recording something like thissuxx for popularity

Ancalagon said:

Don't listen to these guys, if you like the wad then play it as much as you want, it is not like people put a lot of effort recording something like thissuxx for popularity

I like this WAD because I played this last 5 years. I know all maps, need just make demo (planed last 5 years make video, but cant because of old PC)

Strange that I not into list Speedrun. Did I something wrong? :)

yaqxsw said:

Strange that I not into list Speedrun. Did I something wrong? :)

Nope. Making walkthrough is kinda good, only few people do it.

Ancalagon said:

lol

yaqxsw said:

I like this WAD because I played this last 5 years. I know all maps, need just make demo (planed last 5 years make video, but cant because of old PC)

I can see how much you like it. Just keep doing your best :)

Today probably no demos because I tried a lot time beat level 9, but lost every time such stupid death or moment that I need off PC (my parent ring at door, while I open door I lost 3/4 demo... I could win yesterday). I can play demo 1 and demo 2, but I dont want cut videos because it cost many times... and I didnt type -nomusic...

Shit weekend...

yaqxsw said:

+++ Level 15 +++

UV-MAX 12:04

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Hard map, many dangerous imps, cacos and new monster Onager-Cyberdemon... watch it...

Cool :)

+++ Level 12 +++

UV-MAX 13:14

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map is mad because you need pass most of all map with first! I thought, I need kill cyberdemon with fist, but found alternate way :)

Hard map!

tarakans_12.zip

+++ Level 3 +++

UV-MAX 7:57

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map is hard because of many imptrons and chaingunners. On first room you need open pillars and reach to the teleport, on second room you need collect all keys, fight with all monsters and back to the first room. On first room need be careful with traps and on last you press finish switch. That was my favourite map ;)

tarakans_03.zip

+++ Level 10 +++

UV-MAX 13:31

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

First time used fixed WAD and command "-file tatakans.wad tarakansfix.wad". I hope, I made right

This map is hard because of many imptrons. Its hard kill them if they are fast :)