Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

mapping for the Multiplayer source ports.

Mobius said:

You mean Saturday Night Survival running that shitty meme Odamex simulator wad a lot of people don't really care for or like?

Mobius, I'm going to have to stop you. A lot of people care about my YT Channel Series on SnS. Check out my YouTube Channel anyway if you don't agree with this, if you do still check it out.

Check out my YouTube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4G8OHEzkX8gPhRFL9oBByg

Mobius said:

Facts have been stated. Stop sucking dick.

Hi there, I don't know if you're a child or socially retarded otherwise, but when you talk like this, it nulls out anything intelligent that you could say. Being a cynical little jack ass just shows you need to get the bitter prick out your ass or let your balls drop kid, see I can be rude to, just the tip of the iceberg.

MrGlide said:

Hi there, I don't know if you're a child or socially retarded otherwise, but when you talk like this, it nulls out anything intelligent that you could say. Being a cynical little jack ass just shows you need to get the bitter prick out your ass or let your balls drop kid, see I can be rude to, just the tip of the iceberg.

Well it's a good thing you're the one asking people what to map for while the rest of us, who actually know what they are doing, know better than to actually ask. Stop pretending you're civilized to conflate your ego and let people with knowledge speak on your behalf.

Let's just put these numbers game to rest:
The average odamex day:
http://zalewa.strangled.net/doomstats/engine/Odamex/?datefrom=2016-07-31&dateto=2016-07-31

Average Zandronum day
http://zalewa.strangled.net/doomstats/engine/Zandronum/?datefrom=2016-07-31&dateto=2016-07-31

Too bad we don't get zd stats. But uh yea, all those players on the fringe port for malcontents like jwarrier.

but this is getting wayyyy off topic

Decay said:

Let's just put these numbers game to rest:

Holy shit, thank you, oh look, he proved his point without being a chode monger. after seeing this I see no reason to map for odemex, is there anyway to find ZDeamons userstats?

I don't have the numbers on hand, but for the sake of simplicity, let's just come to an agreeable compromise and say ZD has "about half". That's accurate at almost any time if we're talking strictly player numbers regardless of game mode.

Mobius said:

Stop pretending you're civilized to conflate your ego

Take your own advice.

I think everything worthwhile to come from this thread has. Zan is the most popular, followed by ZD, and yes, Odamex has very few players, but is still fun of you want the closest thing possible to Vanilla Doom with a client/server structure. If a Deathmatch map cannot run in ZDaemon, you are without doubt losing players - that's just a fact, not an opinion, but there are still plenty on Zand players to enjoy your work if you decide to use advanced mapping features. It all depends what the mapper wants. Everyone will come to their own conclusions on what port they want to map for, and no matter what port that may be, I think that's just dandy. The more DMers and mappers the better, wgaf what port they map for long as there's a fun map to play at the end of the day.

I think one of the most harmful things to this community is having a shitty attitude about this stuff, it benefits no one and just makes you look like an asshole. Yes Möbius, I'm talking to you.

Locking this thread just because I don't want it to go further downhill. There's useful info in here, I don't want it to get entirely overshadowed by bullshit.