Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kev The Galaxybender

creating a music wad

I'm new to modding anything and I wanted to create a wad or edit a wad file for music and add some music from perfect dark in it. Is there any good and easy tutorials for this to get me started?

Start off by downloading Slade 3.

Open wad of choice and import midi files into the wad.

Rename the midi files to be the exact same as their iWad counterparts... so D_RUNNIN, as an example.

This straight-up replaces the song files, which will make the new songs appear in the same places as the old ones (D_RUNNIN with 01 and 15).

Thanks I will try that out

edit: I am trying to replace music that is already in a music wad. When I try to open that wad, I get an error. Any tips? I've been looking online and all I can find is how to make one from scratch and the tutorials aren't concise.

Couple things:

One, you posted literally 0 info about the problems, so I wouldn't be able to help you there.

Two, there is an "Edit" button for posts.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you then; it shouldn't be too difficult to just plug and play the music files in. When you are more familiar with Slade and lumps and all that Doom jargon, you can do more interesting things with music in wads/mods, but hopefully this has gotten you to where you need to be.

I actually tried to edit my posts but I kept getting a message saying I was unable to so I'm sorry about that. But the error message I was getting just said unable to open file then it displayed the name of the wad. After I installed Slade 3 the problem seems to have went away.