Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

looking for good spaceship/star trek maps

They would need to be made in boom or zdoom because the ones I've tried have control consoles that are meant to be waist height, towering over doomguys head. Bonus points for being able to look out the window and see the stars going past!

Aquanet said:

Antithesis, came out in 1999, Chris Hansen mentions using Doom95. Somehow based on Voyager.

Review

"Why don't you take a seat over there?"

Wait, wrong Chris Hansen...

Icarus has a bunch like that.
Also System Vices map04 (but just play the whole wad).

invictius said:

They would need to be made in boom or zdoom because the ones I've tried have control consoles that are meant to be waist height, towering over doomguys head.

What? I can't grasp the point of the sentence or even the parts of it. How did it happen that control consoles meant to be waist height were towering over Doomguy's head? What does it have in common with needing to be made in Boom or ZDoom? Why do you assume that many maps of the kind that you're looking for will share the exact problems of the maps you've tried so far?

scifista42 said:

What? I can't grasp the point of the sentence or even the parts of it. How did it happen that control consoles meant to be waist height were towering over Doomguy's head? What does it have in common with needing to be made in Boom or ZDoom? Why do you assume that many maps of the kind that you're looking for will share the exact problems of the maps you've tried so far?

Just look at toilets made in vanilla to see what I mean. People have them the right size in zdoom, with voxels.

Da Werecat said:

Correct-sized toilets are not engine-dependent. Blame the mappers.

No Curved corridors and no 3D floors then?

Master O said:

"Why don't you take a seat over there?"

Wait, wrong Chris Hansen...

I do believe it is one of Mr Hansen's earlier levels actually.

joe-ilya said:

Ancient aliens obviously.

Which maps? Everything I've seen is just neon lines everywhere.

invictius said:

Curved corridors

True curves aren't possible in any Doom port, they always have to be approximated by using multiple linedefs, which is possible even in vanilla.

Or did you mean slopes?

invictius said:

Which maps? Everything I've seen is just neon lines everywhere.

The entirety of the second episode is all about floating spaceships in space.

Necroing an old topic just to mention a space station themed wad that I loved - Sapphire Orbital Research by Tormentor667.  Also, just played Paul's Doomed Space Wars and I can now safely list it as one of my very favorite wads for Doom.  Just oozes greatness and skilled game design that would make the professionals smile.  Good work, boys.  Your hard work does not go unappreciated.

Gravity.wad  By Eternal

cmsalawa.wad  come sail away, by David J. Finnamore, 11-26-11, space ship near end,

dystopia3 By Anthony Czerwonka and Iikka Keranen, map 7, space ship entrance map ,

Odyssey.wad by T. Elliott Cannon, 5 levels, level 5 spaceship level,

Plutonia 2, map 10

Ship1.wad Ship.wad 8/21/03, by Paul D. Disney,

SID.wad  Suspended in dusk by Espi, release Oct 2005, 4 maps, map 4 space ship exit.

Vrack3.wad Vrack3 by Fredrik Johansson  space ship exit.

10secto2.wad, map 22, escape in the space ship, (lunar lander)

this is probably the best thing based on it so far, but it's just a WIP. https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47006&hilit=star+trek

On 2016-07-30 at 2:47 AM, Empyre said:

For old-school Star-Trek Doom: ncc1701.

i would not recommend this, despite it being based on Star Trek. the levels are really poorly balanced, and have confusing layouts that are incredibly annoying to navigate, and for whatever reason it uses the Mission Impossible theme for over half or so of the maps, which gets old incredibly fast. i can't speak for its accuracy to the source-material, but this was a letdown. even the old Star Wars mods were more playable IMO.