Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Doom - Big Updates, New Content and PartyPlay

I haven't read the comments but quite sadly this is all material that should have been there day 1 with the release and not coming out when the multiplayers dead and everyone's finished the campaign (which let's be honest by all the trailers was the only real draw)

Complaining about badass new content being released just a few months after the game seems a bit ungrateful.

hardcore_gamer said:

I don't like how how bots aren't being added though. Probably not the biggest thing ever but I am still looking forward to them and really hope they will work for creating new snapmap modes.

Actually there are plenty of people that want it especially on the Bethesda forums and besides this a SP dominated game so the more offline SP modes the better (that includes offline MP with bots which is another form of SP).

sleepii said:

I haven't read the comments but quite sadly this is all material that should have been there day 1 with the release and not coming out when the multiplayers dead and everyone's finished the campaign (which let's be honest by all the trailers was the only real draw)

In a perfect world, a developer can add everything they want to add all at the same time without the inherent concept of time itself becoming a restriction. Sadly, however, we live in a world where time does exist and it takes a linear forwards path.

NodEliteX5 said:

I hope they didn't forget the pause function for offline snapmap this time.

"It's not there so they forgot it. It's impossible for it to be a technical limitation/complication."

Potatoguy said:

Loving how grateful the comments are in the video, of how much they appreciate the free things we're getting for snapmap and multiplayer.

Oh wait. They're still bitching and whining for singleplayer content, which is much harder to add in than multiplayer/snapmap content.

Sometimes i wonder why i ever read them. I guess it's a guilty pleasure...

It's new gen YouTube, of course the comments are gonna be cancer 80% of the time, it's not like the old days of YouTube where there weren't that many trolls and jerks lurking around and causing trouble in the comment section. If they did they were down voted and reported very fast for the most part.

Edward850 said:

In a perfect world, a developer can add everything they want to add all at the same time without the inherent concept of time itself becoming a restriction. Sadly, however, we live in a world where time does exist and it takes a linear forwards path.

"It's not there so they forgot it. It's impossible for it to be a technical limitation/complication."

Dude, honestly I'm getting really tired of you following me around and harassing me every time I post something offline related. Stop it already.

I'm not following you around. This is a news thread so of course I'm read it just the same as you, and I like questioning people's line of thinking. Just so happens that yours keeps cropping up.

Edward850 said:

I not following you around. This is a news thread so of course I'm read it just the same as you, and I like questioning people's line of thinking. Just so happens that yours keeps cropping up.

Oh please don't BS me, I don't even come on the forums that much but yet most of the time when I do come and post anything offline related whether it be a question, request or an idea you're usually one of the first to leave a smart ass comment. And why do you even care about how others think? You aren't gonna change the way they view things in life unless they want to.

DMGUYDZ pretty much posts in 3/5 of threads i'm involved in, and i ain't bitching about it. Hell, i enjoy the company of people giving opinions.

I also like questioning people's logic as well in some occassions and see how they react. If it's positive, then i can go more in-depth conversations with them and possibly be buddies! But if its a negative response, i either cease/desist, or ignite the flames (although i rarely fire things up, cause it eventually goes to hell if left burning).

Just follow rule 1:

Spoiler

Don't be a dick.

NodEliteX5 said:

Oh please don't BS me, I don't even come on the forums that much but yet most of the time when I do come and post anything offline related whether it be a question, request or an idea you're usually one of the first to leave a smart ass comment. And why do you even care about how others think? You aren't gonna change the way they view things in life unless they want to.

I'm curious as to why you have such a reaction to me pointing out the opposite to your ideas. I don't really think anybodies ideas should be immune to criticism, especially when there is always likely to be another answer.
Granted, if you are just going to react the way you do, you're right, there's no real point in me continuing. I don't do that sort of stuff the get a raise out of anybody, just to simply remind them that there's more than one way to look at a problem.

Edward850 said:

I'm curious as to why you have such a reaction to me pointing out the opposite to your ideas. I don't really think anybodies ideas should be immune to criticism, especially when there is always likely to be another answer.
Granted, if you are just going to react the way you do, you're right, there's no real point in me continuing. I don't do that sort of stuff the get a raise out of anybody, just to simply remind them that there's more than one way to look at a problem.

There's a difference between criticism and purposely stalking someone just to annoy them, I've dealt with many criticisms before in my life and had many debates about them but you on the other hand have never even given me constructive criticism, all you do is spout your biased stubborn viewpoints on my posts especially on something that isn't even a trivial matter. Admit it, you're just bored and looking for people to argue with because like you said before: you enjoy questioning other people's ways of thinking.

someone who has had to deal with 'many criticisms before in his life' wouldn't burst out and be so quick to jump on someone's neck for trying to give out his viewpoints on something you said on the internet.

your first post is a vague statement that isn't even clear in what way you meant to express it. 'man let's hope they didn't forget X' is open for a myriad of interpretations. are you being passive aggressive about the lack of said feature? are you ignorant on the viewpoint behind why they didn't implement said feature? are just venting out on us? I could very well be questioning the reason behind you saying such a thing, but I don't because I simply don't care. Others certainly do, though.

are you familiar with the concept of 'discussion forums'? well, that idea as is also happens to extend to users' opinions and thoughts. you should assume that the moment you rest a toe on the internet to say something, a blight of criticism, regardless of size or nature, is going to be directed towards it.

Almonds said:

someone who has had to deal with 'many criticisms before in his life' wouldn't burst out and be so quick to jump on someone's neck for trying to give out his viewpoints on something you said on the internet.

your first post is a vague statement that isn't even clear in what way you meant to express it. 'man let's hope they didn't forget X' is open for a myriad of interpretations. are you being passive aggressive about the lack of said feature? are you ignorant on the viewpoint behind why they didn't implement said feature? are just venting out on us? I could very well be questioning the reason behind you saying such a thing, but I don't because I simply don't care. Others certainly do, though.

are you familiar with the concept of 'discussion forums'? well, that idea as is also happens to extend to users' opinions and thoughts. you should assume that the moment you rest a toe on the internet to say something, a blight of criticism, regardless of size or nature, is going to be directed towards it.

Did you even read his posts in our other conversations in the past? Judging by your ignorant response it's obvious that you didn't otherwise you wouldn't be saying anything unless you two are friends which would mean automatic defense for each other even when one side is being stupid no offense.

Also it's funny how you say this is a discussion forum where people can discuss about anything related to doom and game content yet somehow he seems to have a problem when I talk about things related to offline when there is no rule that says it's not allowed to be discussed here.

I have no idea what in my post backed you into even contemplating that me and Edward are conspiring against you, let alone implying that I haven't been long enough to know how he behaves.

but to be perfectly fair, I *have* had my reasons in the past two minutes reading your posts enough to doubt about your mental well-being as a whole. Seriously, are you okay?

Almonds said:

I have no idea what in my post backed you into even contemplating that me and Edward are conspiring against you, let alone implying that I haven't been long enough to know how he behaves.

but to be perfectly fair, I *have* had my reasons in the past two minutes reading your posts enough to doubt about your mental well-being as a whole. Seriously, are you okay?

When someone constantly responds to nearly everything you say about anything regardless if it's big or small even if it's not a direct attack on anyone don't tell me that you wouldn't eventually get annoyed. How exactly is that considered abnormal to you? Please explain. Also what part of "Unless" did you not understand? That doesn't automatically mean that I implied that you two were friends, it was just a speculation.

'Unless' doesn't magically make up for such a ludicrously overstretched, ass-backwards conclusion. Sorry, 'speculation'.

As in for your way of concluding he's basically harassing you, well, what do you even expect to happen with how you basically replied to him back there? Do you mean to say you would react any differently if it were more than just one person alone? The reasoning behind your first post could be easily be summed up with pretty much what he said with perhaps slightly different wording if it were up to anyone else. Maybe they didn't add a pause button the first time around due to technical limitations, or because they just so happened to forget about it. There's also the fact that there's so many stuff they have to get out there before the next big update releases that it's had to take a backseat, at least for now. Or, looking at it more realistically, they did implement it this time around and just didn't outright make mention of it?

You make a convincing point in how he apparently insists on commenting on your posts, but the point is not once has he or anyone else for that matter outright insulted you for your thoughts alone because that'd be plain old ridiculous, whereas you went from 0 to 100 on nearly every single post he made in this same thread.

Almonds said:

'Unless' doesn't magically make up for such a ludicrously overstretched, ass-backwards conclusion. Sorry, 'speculation'.

As in for your way of concluding he's basically harassing you, well, what do you even expect to happen with how you basically replied to him back there? Do you mean to say you would react any differently if it were more than just one person alone? The reasoning behind your first post could be easily be summed up with pretty much what he said with perhaps slightly different wording if it were up to anyone else. Maybe they didn't add a pause button the first time around due to technical limitations, or because they just so happened to forget about it. There's also the fact that there's so many stuff they have to get out there before the next big update releases that it's had to take a backseat, at least for now. Or, looking at it more realistically, they did implement it this time around and just didn't outright make mention of it?

You make a convincing point in how he apparently insists on commenting on your posts, but the point is not once has he or anyone else for that matter outright insulted you for your thoughts alone because that'd be plain old ridiculous, whereas you went from 0 to 100 on nearly every single post he made in this same thread.

This isn't the first time that I've mentioned the offline pause function with him also bothering me about it. If he didn't make pointless debates with me on the subject before then I wouldn't be telling him to stop harassing me whenever I post something related or remotely similar to it. When you pursue someone and continuously try to start a problem or a pointless argument then that's considered harassment whether you agree with it or not. No one told him to respond to my first post on the subject and no one mentioned him either but when the magic word "offline" is mentioned then he suddenly appears and ignores the op and instead tries to start problems with me for no reason.

There's a lot of petty arguments that happen in this section over the most asinine shit.

These are welcome updates to the game (besides the paid MP maps, meh)

How else are people supposed to react to good news? Mutual joy? Ha, I laugh. There can be only dakrness and the networker illuminati in this world.

Jaxxoon R said:

dakrness

It's spelled DARKNESS, you silly willy! Now let's have a long nonsensical arguement over a very petty thing that shouldn't even cause a long arguement.

I am cynical and no fun! I dislike to let things be and will reply until someone eventually gets bored and/or dies!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

If you payed attention to the E3 Vid, he didn't say FFA will come this summer, He only said "Next month we'll release two new free modes" and then mentions Sector & Exodus .

They actually said that those free for all modes will come in the summer and i think it will be in late august.

That's great and all but will they ever fix the Trespasser physics of objects as well as bouncing ragdolls in SP? Now that would be something!

Saturn said:

Oh yea, I just got a 12 GB update. Hopefully this doesn't break my game.

It's taking forever to download for me, it's stuck on "preparing to download" at 10% and not moving an inch. Is something wrong with the servers or something?