Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Worried about snapmap update...

...they say they are bringing back the weapon wheel for snapmap. While great news they have made no mention of if each gun will also have it's own separate ammo. If they don't change that and all guns still share universal ammo, it would make the weapon wheel almost pointless. If you always get ammo for all the guns whenever you pick up ammo then there would never be any reason to just not always use the best guns like the bfg or rocket launcher, making the rest pointless.

I REALLY hope they don't screw this up.

This update is getting us:

• HELL THEMES, FINALLY. With props to boot!
  • Jump pads
  • More weapons (i thinks)
  • Another demon to play as besides the Baron
  • More fixes on logic.
AND FINALLY the damn weapon wheel! Having that is satisfying enough. The universal ammo will always be a stingy thing, but not a dealbreaker. I'm happy for what we got. I doubt they "screwed up."

And even if it's not fix, a new generous FREE update will fix this issue in the future!

Potatoguy said:

HELL THEMES, FINALLY. With props to boot!

That's what i'm afraid about, I Really hope we can mix themes / Connect Techbase modules with Hell Modules .

If its just 30 modules, my guess is that the hell theme will have it's own entire category of modules titled "HELL." That way, you can put both hell and UAC modules together, without having the cumbersome restriction of changing an entire category.

At least i hope it's this.

One thing I noticed in the latest video is that it keeps the SP's slow motion effect when the player opens up the Snapmap weapon wheel. Maybe there'll be some Solo toggle to disable/enable this since I doubt it'd work in co-op or multiplayer.

Woke up this morning, saw the anouncement, still nothing by now on ps4. I cant wait...
Im pretty sure they promised free for all but nothing seems to show it is there.
Its my fav mode and players could finaly show their armor in full color instead of red/blue.

Alpaczino said:

Woke up this morning, saw the anouncement, still nothing by now on ps4. I cant wait...
Im pretty sure they promised free for all but nothing seems to show it is there.
Its my fav mode and players could finaly show their armor in full color instead of red/blue.

The update will be available at 3:00 pm eastern time according to the doom twitter

If you are in Australia I feel really bad for you just saying. You are going to be doing a whole lot of waiting due to time zone differences

The upate seems to be available right now it's 12gb
It's 13.5 gb on ps4

Good luck guys I hope you don't run into problems.

I am SO glad I was wrong about the Hell and Base themes being separate! It is a bit of a bummer there are so few ways to connect the two themes, but I'm still really glad you can have both in one map.

chubz said:

I am SO glad I was wrong about the Hell and Base themes being separate! It is a bit of a bummer there are so few ways to connect the two themes, but I'm still really glad you can have both in one map.

Yaaaay

Doom64guy6 said:

Hey guys they got fucking individual ammo awesome

Yeah! You can also set weapons so that you pick them up just by touching them instead of having to press Use. SO much better!

There's some new logic chains that of course have no description of what they do.

A really cool thing is being able to set props to "static" so they don't use network limitations. This is HUGE for prop placing.

Is it not possible to pull up the weapon wheel if you're playing with M&KB?

It's easy to remove the weapon limit (just use a Player Loadout object), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to pull up the wheel itself. There's also nothing for it in the keybinds section.

I realize you can still just press the # keys to access each weapon directly, but I prefer using the wheel for hard-to-reach keys like 6 or 7 onwards. If they made the wheel exclusive to controllers, that's really stupid.

chubz said:

Yeah! You can also set weapons so that you pick them up just by touching them instead of having to press Use. SO much better!

You can now disable glory kills.

VentedPennies said:

There's some new logic chains that of course have no description of what they do.

A really cool thing is being able to set props to "static" so they don't use network limitations. This is HUGE for prop placing.

Indeed, same with player blocking volumes now if only they would add a demon blocking volume and add different textures as well that would be great.

So, I haven't really paid much attention to this update - well, none really. I'm dling it now. Does this mean the 2 weapon limit is off?

Was just reading about the changes as I wait for the update to download. Pretty impressive list of feature upgrades. Looking forward to checking out the Hell modules which should be fun to play with - that and they FINALLY brought in the pistol and chainsaw. Why did THAT take almost 3 months? lol

Well, the update broke candyland. Most likely because they added new functions to the lighting.

This seems to be something that's going to continually happen going forward. I don't think SNAPMAP has a future.

Brad_tilf said:

Was just reading about the changes as I wait for the update to download. Pretty impressive list of feature upgrades. Looking forward to checking out the Hell modules which should be fun to play with - that and they FINALLY brought in the pistol and chainsaw. Why did THAT take almost 3 months? lol

The pistol is the one from the upcoming MP DLC, so no infinite ammo unfortunately.

One bug is that spawn encounters don't work when u pick up a weapon but it's set to 'touch' as opposed to use. Another is that if you use the load out logic, it overrides 'keep inventory' in regards to weapons if you die.

The workaround? Make weapons respawn and use volume triggers vs the actual weapon to make stuff happen instead....