Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

[WARNING] Parameterized linedef special change

Due to previous ZDoom incompatibility, I changed a couple of ZDoom-inherited specials just now:

Door_CloseWaitOpen now uses the delay expressed in octics (eighths of a second, i.e. 8 octics = 1 second, 240 octics = 30 seconds), not tics. This is the ONLY door special with this change.

Thing_Raise now removes the FRIEND flag if it was set in the editor, just like in ZDoom. To make it preserve the flag, set the second argument to 1.

printz said:

Thing_Raise now removes the FRIEND flag if it was set in the editor, just like in ZDoom. To make it preserve the flag, set the second argument to 1.

ZDoom does what?
That was never supposed to happen, it should have been reported as a bug.

Graf Zahl said:

ZDoom does what?
That was never supposed to happen, it should have been reported as a bug.

When something is resurrected, its flags are restored to the ones in mobjinfo. If there's a resurrector, his friendliness flag is transferred to the raised thing. Thing_Raise has no resurrector (not even the activator), so if an enemy was placed in the editor as a friend, the friendliness is lost on resurrection.

I understand this part, but it was never meant to work this way. Of course it was supposed to remember the editor flag.

Was this something you found yourself or did you get a report of something not working as intended?

I tested it myself and saw the behavior. It didn't occur to me it's a bug. I thought it's simply accepted that the level is "malevolent" and if any monsters resurrect, it's bad news.

Off-topic: now I wonder how do friends nightmare-respawn in MBF...

Sheesh, looks like I have to reverse Thing_Raise to my initial choice of retaining friendliness, because ZDoom just did so. I hope no ZDoom maps were broken during that change :)