Arnold Swarzenegger

Arnold Swarzenegger  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Arnold Swarzenegger

• ... is the greatest film hero of all time
    • ... had some cool films but he\\\'s old and crap now
    • ... meh, he\'s nothing special
    • ... is stupid and has always been.
    • he\'s awesome for prank call soundboards!!

Ahnold, as he calls himself, is the very definition of an action hero.

gatewatcher said:

greatest prank calls ever.

ABSOLüTELY, but a certain SOMEONE didn't include that option in his poll. Really, DN, I'm ashamed of you ;P

/me edits poll

Haha, I heard a CD with those prank calls on it last week when I was in Minnesota, funniest fucking thing ever.

"I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions, I want them answered immediately. Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

"I'm a cop you idiot!"

Arnie rocks, but Collateral Damage was pretty mediocre. Yes, I am one of the 4 people who have seen it. :)

Archvile64 said:

Pawns him? You mean he trades him?

Pwns him...as in "You have been pwned". Or something. I dunno, I heard it on IRC a lot.

Arnie's best movies are the ones were he lampoons himself and the whole "action hero" bit. True Lies was a classic. Too bad it's getting the sequel treatment. :/

I think his best movies were the real old ones, like Terminator 1 and 2, Conan the Barbarian, Commando, Predator, and Running Man.

the_Danarchist said:

Pwns him...as in "You have been pwned". Or something. I dunno, I heard it on IRC a lot.

Maybe whoever said it on IRC meant to say "owned?"

Archvile64 said:

OH MY GOD YOU THINK??

Archvile64 said:

Dude...you are so Naive.

Anyway, Commando blows. Its the cheesiest POS action movie that is not adapted from a video game.

Just finished watching Lies True. Definitely one of the best action movies all-time. It just keeps going and going. So action-packed, yet it has the all-so-important breaks in the action. For example, when they're eating at the dinner table, eavesdropping at the office, quietly watching the terrorists unfold their conniving plan... Not to mention all the witty remarks stuffed throughout the movie. Like when Arnold (Harry) tells the horse off for not catching the bad guy.

It's a 1994 movie, and still, with the exception of the overly-anxious-to-blow-up cars and snowmobiles, this movie is like 10x more realistic than any piece of garbage action movie to come out since then. How did they blow up the bridge like that and blow the windows out of the building? With cheesy almost-always-fake-looking computer-animated graphics? No, with miniature models. DUH. YO, MOVIEMAKERS, IT'S NOT HARD TO HIRE SOME PROFESSOINAL DUDES TO BUILD A MINIATURE BUILDING AND THEN BLOW IT UP. DUH.

Movies are cheap and suck since CG-graphics have become so widespread. Computer-generated garbage is SO premature and still not advanced enough to belong in any movie.

Oh, and did I mention that Terminator 2 is a freaking 1989 film that uses computer-generated stuff, yet still manages to look more realistic than The Matrix or Mummy 2? It's even a freaking Canuck film.

the_Danarchist said:

Dude...you are so Naive.

Yeah, sorry I can't hear your voice inflection through my modem.

AndrewB said:

Oh, and did I mention that Terminator 2 is a freaking 1989 film that uses computer-generated stuff, yet still manages to look more realistic than The Matrix or Mummy 2? It's even a freaking Canuck film.

Yes, that is a very very sad fact, but on the other hand it makes me love T2 even more.

AndrewB said:

I'd say The Matrix did a pretty good job with there use of CG, except for maybe the hovercraft bits... hmm. But file dercetors really need to lay off the CG. NO REALLY GUYS IT DOSN'T LOOK REAL!!!

He is quite simply the definitive action hero.

Stallone and all the other pretenders don't come close.

Yeah, CG is over-used/abused.

In my opinion the earlier arnie movies where the best, Commando, Total Recall, Predator, True Lies, Terminator, Terminator 2 (which I thought was 1992) snd kindergarten cop (the first time I saw it...but after about a thousand showings, I can't stand it anymore. Last Action Hero was an awesome movie too.