Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

A DOOM 3 map for Quake 3

seen it days ago......besides, this isn't the very first quake3 map to be made that people have been inspired by doom3 footage...if memory serves, vexar's latest creation was inspired by doom3 footage as well, according to himself.

Another DOOM 3 based maps?

Do you remember where can I find them?

um, did you visit the site yet that it says it is still under construction

I visited that site but I can't see nothing that looks as DOOM 3, also, the author never say the word "DOOM 3", do you know another map based on this upcoming game?

Uh, the author did say his work has been inspired by Doom 3 in Quake3world Editing Forum, take a look at how detailed those pipes and bridges are. I don't exactly know what kind of "Doom 3-based" maps you're looking for, but go check out their editing forum and perhaps you will find something that you wanted. The one you linked and Vexar's are the only ones I know that are Doom 3-like. I'd also recommend you to visit LloydM's works, he's like one of the best level designers I've known.

To me, the map 999cop linked to looks far more like Doom 3 than the one Vegeta linked to.

Compare this to this and tell us again it looks nothing like Doom 3 :)

I guess the blood stains in the screenshots Maonth uploaded are, but the project was around for ages before Doom 3 was even announced (even longer if you count Doom 3057).

The vast majority of the textures certainly aren't Doom 3 influenced, I don't think the texture .wad has changed much for over a year ;)

The music certainly isn't Doom 3 influenced, because, well, RTC's music is already being made, and we haven't even heard a sample of Doom 3's music yet.

Yes, Radiator looks really like DOOM 3.

Sorry, I din't check the site properly, I allways use Windows in 640-480 mode, so I couldn't saw the lower links... Yes, I know, I'm dumb...

Oh, what a shame...
I can't find any link to download that map.
Can someone help this poor guy?

Nick, it was only an inspiration. Although the textures were nothing similar to Doom 3's; however, not necessarily have to look alike it. The author has used a fake emboss method of bump-mapping to enhance the geometries of the pipes on the wall and other parts on this Q3 map. Actually, it looks pretty much like Doom 3 at a particular angle to me from this image:

Vegeta: Sorry, again I said the map is still under construction. I'm looking forward to play out that map as much as you do to gain more mapping inspirations :D