Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerthex

doom android ports

can somebody please list all the available android ports of doom? i've always wanted to know how many ports there are

D-Touch
D-GLES
PrBoom
Doom Port(this one hidden somewhere in Google Code)
Eltech Doom

That's not all though

Isn't Doom 3 BFG exclusive to the Nvidia Shield, though? Although, there's an unofficial Doom 3 source port that works on all Android devices (That have GPU's that can handle it, anyway).

MetroidJunkie said:

Isn't Doom 3 BFG exclusive to the Nvidia Shield, though? Although, there's an unofficial Doom 3 source port that works on all Android devices (That have GPU's that can handle it, anyway).

You mean D34A? I never tried it, but found out that Proger10 (developer of Q14A, Q24A, Q34A, D34A, RTCW port), is actually beloko. So im confident that it is well optimised.

Well, my tablet can run it playably and, considering its GPU is the Mali-400 MP, it's not exactly winning any awards for its graphical performance.

Voros said:

You mean D34A? I never tried it, but found out that Proger10 (developer of Q14A, Q24A, Q34A, D34A, RTCW port), is actually beloko. So im confident that it is well optimised.

Nope Proper10 isn't me :) Proger is a Russian dude

Well, in any case, DIII4A is a pretty solid source port, although I usually just opt for the in-game settings rather than the app's own option to disable all lighting because it doesn't actually make a real different framerate-wise and it's better to be able to throttle it instead of making the entire game shadowless which looks pretty ugly, especially considering the human models have an ugly crease down the middle of their faces when bump mapping is disabled for some reason.

beloko said:

I have been fooled.

beloko said:

Release blake stone planet strike / aliens of gold onto android. Please?

Zerthex said:

Release blake stone planet strike / aliens of gold onto android. Please?

Yeah I'll upload it on my website when I have time to make it playable, problem is changing level in the elevator does not work yet.

Wait, youre actually working on a port of those two? Nice!

What happened to the iOS port of D-Touch anyway?

Voros said:

Wait, youre actually working on a port of those two? Nice!

What happened to the iOS port of D-Touch anyway?

I got Bendovskys port playable on Android a while ago just so I could play it myself , not really working on Android ports much now though. Since a Google removed my account not had much motivation or time.

Not done anything on the ios port for a while, still planning to try a submission to the App store someday!

My little brother is hyped for the iOS port. He wants to play Brutal Doom/other ZDoom-feature-heavy maps and mods at a decent fps, on the go. My phone is shit. His iPhone, not really.

You could release an alpha/beta version.

beloko said:

I got Bendovskys port playable on Android a while ago just so I could play it myself , not really working on Android ports much now though. Since a Google removed my account not had much motivation or time.

Not done anything on the ios port for a while, still planning to try a submission to the App store someday!

i really want to play any of the blake stone games on the go! i honestly dont care if its unfinished. as long as its playable im happy :)

Swine & Roses said:

I used to play with D-Touch, but apparently it doesn't work on smartphones with Intel x86 CPUs.
Is D-GLES any good?

Hmm...
D-Touch comes with three engines.
D-GLES comes with one.

D-Touch can run most ZDoom mods.
D-GLES cant.

D-Touch doesnt have 3D models or fancy lighting like D-GLES.

Controls are more optimised in D-Touch (on a touchscreen) than D-GLES. IMO

BUT, if D-Touch doesnt work, then D-GLES is the next best thing, so yeah. get it!