Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello their. I know it really isn't about classic doom but, I would really like it if one of you guys that see this would post a apk for doom rpg. I have a android device and really want to experience the first doom rpg. but I don't know how to convert jar to apk and the tutorials are always in Russian or aren't any help. if any of you can post it, id be very thankful.

-Doomslayer11122.

I don't really care if it's pirated, plus all those andrid java emulators never work for me. I can't find a good one. If you want you could give me a good android one.

Man I remember back in the old days with my Sony Ericsson candy bar phones- used to download weird jar games and shit off the net and play them for free =w= Good times
Doom RPG was one of them actually- was a fun time waster and some interesting mechanics like the fire.

Yeah. Just annoying trying to find any google play or apk download that has a good java converter. Theyre all sh**. I guess I'll never play it again.

doomslayer11122 said:

I know. Iphones are crappy and are to expensive though. I can't find a apk for that either.

Okay, here's the thing: APKs are for Android devices ONLY. iOS apps are for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch ONLY. Never shall the two meet. If someone claims to have an APK of something that is iOS-only, they are lying to you.

doomslayer11122 said:

Theirs a ios only game called de blob. I have a apk for that and can play it. It's possible.

Here's another thing: People sometimes make different versions of the same game across multiple devices. de Blob is one such game. You have an APK because someone specifically wrote an Android version of the game. Doom 2 RPG was never given that treatment.

Good Memories playing Doom Rpg on my Sony E W810I. There are a few apks that will allow you play .Jar files, google them. It was quite fun back in the day.

doomslayer11122 said:

I google doom rpg apk with nothing. But doom rpg jar, which I can't do, shows up.

Yeah, uh, there's probably not going to be an APK of it, since it was never Android-native. What you'll want is to get the JAR file, then some kind of emulator from the Play Store that can run JARs.

doomslayer11122 said:

I can't find any that work.

This is the same problem for me too.

Plus, i found some russian site with an APK DL link for Doom RPG, but its dead.

I'm surprised there aren't any Android apps that let you play J2ME games. Have you looked for something like that?

Well, I can sell you original working Sony K750/W800 series phones with the Doom RPG preinstalled, at 20 Euros + shipping ;-)

Jokes apart, there seems to be quite a bit of demand for the original Doom RPG, and used phones that can run it are literally a dime a dozen. I'm sure that someone more enterprising than me will have already thought of that.

As for emulators...welp, in theory they should be super-trivial compared to stuff like e.g. PSX or N64 emulators. After all, the J2ME SDK included an emulator just for testing your software, but those were not optimized for speed, controls accuracy etc., and developing for a specific device required plugins/extensions. As a gaming platform, there were simply too many variables to consider, and "Java games" could range from lo-res monochrome to 640-px-wide displays with 3D graphics on phones having proper GPU.

When id put Orcs and Elves on the DS, they should have also shoved Doom RPG in there. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same engine for the most part and I doubt they'd have had trouble fitting 2 java phone era games onto a DS cartridge.

There only was one official port of the first Doom RPG on another platform, and that was Symbian OS. Who knows, maybe it will be easier to emulate...

i wouldn't mind some way to playing the original Doom RPG again. although, after having recently completed the second Doom RPG for iOS, i feel that the original might not be as good as i remember it to be.

fraggle said:

I'm surprised there aren't any Android apps that let you play J2ME games. Have you looked for something like that?

There is definitely one, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it, but it shows up when looking for "j2me emulator for android" on Google

MetroidJunkie said:

When id put Orcs and Elves on the DS, they should have also shoved Doom RPG in there. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same engine for the most part and I doubt they'd have had trouble fitting 2 java phone era games onto a DS cartridge.

I've played both the J2ME and DS versions of Orcs and Elves; there's quite a bit of difference (improved sprite detail, special effects, etc.). I'm not sure how much code they really shared.