Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

What do slaughterfest wads use to enable inf. ammo and sv_fastweapons?

yaqxsw said:

Unlimited ammo will be good, but fastweapons I think will be unfair... map can finish fast and no good challenge.

I know, but it's balanced well. All I want to do is copy the setting from a megawad that has both of these, to the final version of it, which doesn't. No difference in monsters, just a few new maps. I guess I could import the new maps in the wad with fastweapons but that would be a bit backwards.

Which particular megawad are you talking about?

invictius said:

I guess I could import the new maps in the wad with fastweapons but that would be a bit backwards.

It actually seems like the perfect solution for you.

The wad's DEHACKED patch makes weapons use no ammo, which is a different concept from ZDoom's infinite ammo option. DEHACKED could be used to shorten weapon animation frame durations, increasing their firing speed, as a workaround to get fast weapons, even though it's once again a different concept than ZDoom's fast weapons option. Both could be done in DECORATE as well. But you can't make a wad that will change the player's console variables automatically. However, you as a player can change them by yourself in your own game, so why don't you do just that?