Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoguy

Batman V Superman

I am neutral to it. I saw it in theaters and I didn't have a bad time, but I didn't have a good time either. It was forgettable.

I thought the actors did a fine job, and Ben Afleck actually surprised me as a decent batman. But I never really gave two shits about superman at all..

Also...Lex Luther in this movie looks like a little bitch. The original Lex Luther looked like an evil mastermind. The new one made me think of a socially neglected college student.

Dunno, I might give this a watch. Have always loved the Dark Knight Returns (the comic). It almost definitely won't be as good as that but still might be worth it.

What sucked about it?

Haven't seen and i don't think i'm going to see it, the movie isn't bad, but it's not good either, if anything it's in the middle, although more sided to the bad, now don't get me wrong, Batman is my favorite DC hero, but Batman owning Superman is just BS, sure that Superman is weak to kryptonite, but Superman getting beaten by Batman bare-fisted is just bs, the movie is one-sided and it's sided for Batman,
now i understand that people have been waiting for Batman and Superman to fight each other in a movie, but this movie does it wrong, Batman overpowering Superman is utter HS, if you wanna see Batman vs Superman the right way, go watch Batman:The Dark Knight Returns, that movie is how Batman v Superman should have been.
But then again i blame WB for wanting to compete with Marvel badly.

Batman Returns was GREAT. I was hoping BvS being like that, with neither winning, but coming to terms. BUT NO..... It was a lot more bad...

This one word is one glaring reason of many on why i don't like the movie.

Spoiler

MARTHA

I'm sure one of DC's animated films did the whole Batman vs Superman fight thing better, although I've forgotten which one.

Honest Trailers (spoilers if you click, obviously) summed it up pretty well:

"Leaving audiences with a cool new Batman movie, trapped inside a boring, convoluted Superman sequel, trapped inside... whatever cartoon Lex Luthor is from."

Also, way too many dumb dream sequences.

Christian Bale was a fantastic Batman.

The B v S movie wasn't bad at all. Not fantastic, but it was pretty great. Oh yeah the Martha part was rather -1

Don't we have a movie thread?

Anyways, I might see it eventually. I hear the Batman bits were actually rather good.

And everything regarding Superman was terrible.

And Lex Luthor was...... Eeeh...?

DooMAD said:

I'm sure one of DC's animated films did the whole Batman vs Superman fight thing better, although I've forgotten which one.

Found it, Dark Knight Returns: