Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

Ultra-nightmare beaten with pistol / grenades only :o

Recommended Posts

Zomeister is legend.

This is the most impressive thing I've seen in DOOM 2016 by far.

All the strats used throughout this vid are so impressive. Plus, I know the video is long, but it's so much more interesting to me to watch somebody beat it by killing everything than somebody just running past every enemy and using level exploits for .0003 seconds off their time.

Share this post


Link to post
Linguica said:

So could we call this a Tyson run??

Tyson run would probably still be using melee only.
Don't know how the fuck you'd get past the bosses with that though.

Share this post


Link to post

He dies at around 4:41:00 or so, falls off and uses ctrl+alt+del, so personally I'd call it a nightmare run with a death or two (think he does it twice, I haven't watched it), which is still impressive.

Share this post


Link to post

hahaha, that one dislike. How butthurt, unimaginative and predictable can you get?

Best part is I know you're probably reading this, too.

Share this post


Link to post
ZeroMaster010 said:

He dies at around 4:41:00 or so, falls off and uses ctrl+alt+del, so personally I'd call it a nightmare run with a death or two (think he does it twice, I haven't watched it), which is still impressive.

The second time was due to a in game bug, after I finished the fight it wouldn't save the checkpoint and move on. The music just kept relapsing and I was stuck in a room. And technically I didn't die, saved myself before dying and just picked up from where I left off. Closing through task manager doesn't delete your game, it's the same game.

Share this post


Link to post

I really want to avoid to appear very negative about this still impressive thing you've done. But whatever, there is absolutely no way what happeneded in The Necropolis (https://youtu.be/AyVVc0FcS4E?t=16890) isn't considered a death.
Of course I guess it's a matter of opinion, so I won't make any more comments and let people decide for themselves.

Almonds said:

hahaha, that one dislike. How butthurt, unimaginative and predictable can you get?

Best part is I know you're probably reading this, too.


I would just like to note it wasn't me, even if it might look so with the above post :)

Share this post


Link to post

Zeromaster has a point. Using this exploit because of a bug is fine, but using it to avoid what otherwise would have been death stemming from a player's mistake (like in the case of falling from the rock) is "grey area" to say the least.

It doesn't change the fact that the video as a whole is damn impressive but if, say, compet-N established some rules for ultra-nightmare runs I doubt they would allow using ctrl+alt+del to avoid deaths.

I'm still impressed either way - the truth is, no one else has done anything like it.

Share this post


Link to post
zomeister said:

Closing through task manager doesn't delete your game, it's the same game.


You may not have died, you just cheated your way out of death. This would never be an accepted run under any official capacity. Since we're all hung up about details, should probably call it 'Pistol and Grenades Only'. Crazy feat of skill and dedication displayed here, regardless.

Share this post


Link to post

The rules of hell are steep, leave it to doomworld to find any mistakes. This still sounds awesome despite the death/crash/error. I've also gone through it using the pistol "not on ultra nightmare just ultraviolence" and vividly remember how crazy things got once you started going against the hell knights/barons/mancubuses.. that's a great achievement dude.

"Ok I see it Zero, a clear fall from grace.. it happens to the best of us"

Share this post


Link to post
ZeroMaster010 said:

I would just like to note it wasn't me, even if it might look so with the above post :)


yeah, that much I knew beforehand. I wouldn't worry.

Share this post


Link to post

About 5:10:43 Gauss gun 'used', though I think it is fine since it doesn't damage/trigger anything D: I'm complete noob with the Doom 2016 rules though, but I don't understand the reason behind using it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Looper said:

About 5:10:43 Gauss gun 'used', though I think it is fine since it doesn't damage/trigger anything D: I'm complete noob with the Doom 2016 rules though, but I don't understand the reason behind using it there.

That was a random shot, wasn't shooting at anything specific.

Share this post


Link to post
Dime said:

You should change the title since it's super misleading.

Stop playing dumb, you know what I mean by "pistol only"

Share this post


Link to post

You did not complete ultra-nightmare with the pistol zzzzz, I don't give a damn about grenades. Do it legit next time.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll have to redo it then. You guys don't seem to have a problem with using speed run skips. Nobody seems to mind the one I used like 4 minutes before I got knocked off the cliff.

Share this post


Link to post
zomeister said:

I'll have to redo it then. You guys don't seem to have a problem with using speed run skips. Nobody seems to mind the one I used like 4 minutes before I got knocked off the cliff.


bothers me lol, the one with the gauss jump yeah?

But never mind what ppl say, do something for your own satisfaction. You cannot please everyone all the time. Ever.

Nevermind skill, you have an immense propensity for not getting bored. FML having to kill bosses and barons with pistol. Or shield dudes and pinkies omfg.

Share this post


Link to post
massivefanofdoom said:

bothers me lol, the one with the gauss jump yeah?

But never mind what ppl say, do something for your own satisfaction. You cannot please everyone all the time. Ever.

Nevermind skill, you have an immense propensity for not getting bored. FML having to kill bosses and barons with pistol. Or shield dudes and pinkies omfg.

So you're saying speed run skips aren't an issue?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×