Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Anything that's close to a "final doom the way id did"?

Plutonia has a lot of love, at least two iwad replacements on idgames, but tnt... not so much. I know there are a lot of projects out there but I'm after wads, even if they're only single level, that reflect the setting that they're named after - particularly human bbq, wormhole, crater, pharaoh and Caribbean.

Only that, strictly speaking, in the case of Final Doom, "id didn't".

Wasn't there a project that aimed to do just that for both Final Doom wads? Or did that get cancelled/development hell'd?

Hate to be nitpicky but shouldn't it be "Final Doom the way Team TNT did" since it was only published by id Software.

"Evilution The Way TNT Did" combines with "Plutonia The Way The Casalis Did" to create FDTWiD. The end product is simply a packaging of two separate projects worked upon simultaneously, and the title makes more sense when viewed in this way. In any case, TWiD has become a household acronym and we're not about to surrender it easily!

If we're foraging around for a more tangible relevance, then, uh... we're packaging two distinct works by community figures in a similar way to id. Wait, no we're not; we'd have to swoop in and steal a bonafide project from under the noses of the unsuspecting fandom to claim that position. This is trickier than I thought.