Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

WolfenDoom: Web of Agony

After a development time of over 1.5 years, Realm667 has unleashed detailed information about their latest project: Blade of Agony. They've put together an interesting read and a lot of valuable information about the plot, characters, villains, and features that are awaiting in the upcoming release. Blade of Agony is a story-driven FPS. The project is inspired by WWII shooters from the 90's and early 2000's, like Wolfenstein 3D, Medal of Honor, and Call of Duty, but with faster-paced gameplay in the spirit of Doom. The game can be played standalone using the GZDoom engine as a base. Take time to visit the official webpage, spread the word, and share your thoughts - the team is looking forward to your feedback.

This is some sweet, sweet zdoom honey.

I wish there was as big of a lo-fi revival for FPS (like this) as there is for adventure games.

Aquanet said:

This is some sweet, sweet zdoom honey.

I wish there was as big of a lo-fi revival for FPS (like this) as there is for adventure games.

I'm so with you. The two games I would most like to see retro-style spiritual successors to are Doom and Ultima Underworld. I think the biggest problem with those 2.5D games is that it's really hard to make character sprites with full rotations for every animation -- much easier to just use a low-poly model and make something that looks like Quake instead, I guess.

Not bad. I'll give this a shot when it is released.
But I think there's a design flaw where you have world design that doesn't blend with character design. The sprites stand out like sore thumbs against the 3d modeled "backgrounds".

Breeder said:

A download link would make for a great addition to this page!!!

...exactly.
Or is it already foxed? ; )

Does Indiana Jones appear in this project? One of the webpages from the site made me think so.