Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plut

Names Don't Matter

hi there!

here's a demo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/522kc6au9xe4nfh/ndm_fda_rbk.lmp

despite the simplistic setups (each trap was pretty much: surrounding closets open to reveal mixed composition of low/mid-tier mobs, prioritze hitscanners then just circlestrafe the rest), I enjoyed this little map. I liked the style and the usage of dark/light accents (though admittedly I quickly bumped up the gamma to increase odds of survival, sacrificing some lighting detail in the process). Is the map name an obscure reference of some sort?

Nice little map you made there. I liked the simplistic approach in both gameplay and visuals and the straight forward two-key progression, simple yet effective. It was a lot easier than I expect, only the first trap caught me off-guard, after that I realized what I'm into so I managed to anticipate the rest of the map pretty easily. I thought you used the monsters in a decent way, my favorite part was the area before the end. Pretty cool, you should make more maps.

Ribbiks said:

Is the map name an obscure reference of some sort?

Well, I just was too lazy to make up a real name, but yes, the words are from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", one of my favourite films. Thanks for the FDA.

People in the hood angle their weapons because it's easier to keep your aim on the storekeeper you're robbing if you hold it sideways. Easier to aim vertically and keep it on the target.

invictius said:

People in the hood angle their weapons because it's easier to keep your aim on the storekeeper you're robbing if you hold it sideways. Easier to aim vertically and keep it on the target.

...WAT?

Doomkid said:

...WAT?

Oops. Clicked on this thread thinking it was titled "Doom angled weapons". When I saw you talking about the wad name I thought you had chosen that for the name.

Cool map. My only gripe was that the light levels were so low that I actually had a hard time seeing anything, and it strained my eyes just a little. I've got bad eyes though.

Gameplay was fun, frantic but easy enough for me to make it through in one try. Make another!