Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

Decay vs Doomkid - Newschool vs Oldschool

Posting up a challenge I mentioned to Doomkid a little bit ago.

Best of 3 Duels: 1 Oldschool Map @50 frags (Duel40, your map choice), 1 New School map @25 frags (Progressive Duel, my choice), 1 NOS map @30 frags (EonDM map03, based on this tournament), all played on your Doomshack servers. This variety of play styles ensures that we will both be happy in terms of what we are playing, or at least I think so. We do not have to play all of these in a row, given both of our schedules.

To make this actually interesting:

Loser makes a map for the other person's project (or project to be if the case may be).
The twist to this:

If I lose, my map must be ODAMEX compatible and be, for lack of a better term, oldschool.
If Doomkid loses, his map must be in UDMF format and requires at least 1 3D floor to be, again for lack of a better term, newschool. It will also be slotted into AeonDM.

Screenshots, demos, videos, and most importantly, MAPS, to be posted here upon completion.

Accept or decline, my friend?

Oh Hell yeah, this promises to be a good match ^^

I want to see a good fight gentlemen; pull hair, scratch with nails, headbutts welcome, and keep all trash talking below the belt.

Good luck to you both!

I'm totally down for that, I need to brush up on my item game for NS. Should be fun and I like the stakes!

Excellent. For your practice take a look at my pick, that way the map is not too unfamiliar too you. To avoid bias and not pick my own map, my pick for the NS match will be MAP01: Take Two by Ru5tK1ng

Post your map pick too!

Hehehe good, I love OblivX too!

Let's aim for a Friday night rumble maybe (I think that's Saturday morning for you?)

Sure man, that's the best time for me! I'll give you a shout in #deathmatch this weekend.

I mentioned this to Dk over irc, but I find it awfully convenient of the timing of this, plus the proposed stakes. Sounds like a backup plan in case a map in AeonDM needs to be scrapped, heh.

I think the stakes should be upped: if Dk wins, not only should Decay make a map for Oda, he should also talk about how great it is and the advantages of mapping for it ;D

Fonze said:

if Dk wins, not only should Decay make a map for Oda, he should also talk about how great it is and the advantages of mapping for it ;D

he's not a miracle worker

Hey now, don't sell Dk short just 'cause you dont want to hear the truth.

(yes I know what you actually meant)

Fonze said:

I mentioned this to Dk over irc, but I find it awfully convenient of the timing of this, plus the proposed stakes. Sounds like a backup plan in case a map in AeonDM needs to be scrapped, heh.

To be very fair I invited Doomkid to participate on the project long ago, this is more or less my way of... prompting... him.

Fonze said:

I think the stakes should be upped: if Dk wins, not only should Decay make a map for Oda, he should also talk about how great it is and the advantages of mapping for it ;D

I am not a liar though and prefer to keep it that way

:O)

Hey Decay, hope you're around man, I have to head off in about an hour and a half but I'm down to play before then. I'll be free tomorrow as well of course but I'd like to get one in today :)

Doomkid said:

Hey Decay, hope you're around man, I have to head off in about an hour and a half but I'm down to play before then. I'll be free tomorrow as well of course but I'd like to get one in today :)

<21:16><Decay>oh yea hey Doomkid we gotta duel don't we

where art thouuuuuuuuuuuuu

The results are in.

Doomkid played extremely well on OblivX, which was round 1 (OS)
Score: 50-43 (Doomkid wins)

Spoiler

Demo: https://www.sendspace.com/file/cf2l9y

For the NS round, the lighting gun harassed Doomkid too much. This round went in my favour.
Score: 25-10 (Decay wins)
Spoiler

Demo: https://www.sendspace.com/file/s6he55

The NOS was a super fun round. With no double ammo, item control is super important, and the BFG shots have to be well placed. It could've gone either way very easily, but the early lock-down on the map gave me the cushion room to pull out a win.
Score: 30-24 (Decay wins)
Spoiler

Demo: https://www.sendspace.com/file/duccq8

I was a bit pissed with OblivX and lag issues I was having, but otherwise these were fun and intense rounds. Look forward to the inevitable next set of duels! Maybe this time we can switch who picks the NS/OS maps.

Decay and that fucking lightning gun destroyed me on Prog Duel! His playing was far too progressive for me. The NOS round was intense, once the map clicked with me we were really at eachother's throats. Really damn fun duels and we should definitely do it again some time, GGs!

EDIT: Shit now this means I actually have to make a map. (Also it looks like the 3rd screenshot is wrong)

Fixed! Caught that too late.

Yes, now you have to make a map, or save yourself the trouble and decorate an existing map. Your call!