Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

New SnapMap Updated f***d up Pickups

Not sure why wasn't this mentioned here before, So appearantly any item set to pickup on touch doesn't send signal to any action (Usually means "Cannot be picked up"), This is probably why Candy land got ruined and many other SnapMaps, I Noticed that on some of my SnapMaps too, I Believe that's a bug .

I SAID THAT IN THIS POST.

"AND THE BIGGEST GLITCH I'VE FOUND THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED - The container cannot be picked up UNLESS it has a health, armor, ammo, or resource that adds at least 1. So if you had a container that doesn't add anything but DOES do a logic code while picked up, it will no longer work. It has to add something to the player picking it up."

Customizable Containers that can give resource, armor, ammo, and the like no longer can be picked up unless they give some sort of vital. Whether it be 1 armor/hp/resource, it cannot be picked up unless otherwise implemented. SUCKS that this glitch came up.

It's an annoying glitch, but shouldn't be too hard to fix. Candyland can be fixed by just adding a resource counter that never is used to the bottles. Make them give 1 whatever, and they will be picked up, and logic strings will go off.

But a fix would render this mute. A small 10MB update should do the trick!

I've compiled a list of bugs on r/snapmaps - it includes the ones mentioned here in this thread. The dev team have seen at it and are working on fixes.

Dr.Luurve said:

I've compiled a list of bugs on r/snapmaps - it includes the ones mentioned here in this thread. The dev team have seen at it and are working on fixes.

Is "group encounters not spawning" on there? Custom group encounters always work, group encounters fail to spawn pretty much ever. I only recently started using spawners so I don't know if this is a legacy issue that everyone has just chosen to ignore by now.

symmetron said:

Is "group encounters not spawning" on there? Custom group encounters always work, group encounters fail to spawn pretty much ever. I only recently started using spawners so I don't know if this is a legacy issue that everyone has just chosen to ignore by now.

It is now on the list. Out of curiosity, what hardware are you using, PC, PS4, Xbox? I will double check this issue when I get home.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Did they say that ?

Yes, there is a dev on the snapmap reddit I was conversing with the other day on the thread in question.

Well here are some more bugs to fix. All done on the PS4.

- The Unwilling is in an odd pose when seen in the Demon category thumbnails
- Static Rifle would automatically revert back to burst rifle when selected in Weapon Spawner
- Some VEGA sound clips are at a much lower/higher volume than normal

Dr.Luurve said:

It is now on the list. Out of curiosity, what hardware are you using, PC, PS4, Xbox? I will double check this issue when I get home.

PC

symmetron said:

PC

Noted

With the group encounters not spawning, what trigger are you using to activate them? Be as specific as you can please.

Thanks.

Dr.Luurve said:

With the group encounters not spawning, what trigger are you using to activate them? Be as specific as you can please.

I used three, all of which failed to do anything:
Teleporter->on arrived
Module->on entered
Counter->Count reached

All three of these scenarios work perfectly fine now that I'm using CUSTOM group encounters.

So, something I've noticed, in update 2 they added an option for AI path points called sprint. So now you have the option of selecting walk, run, or sprint. The thing is, I've no idea what sprint is meant to do. When I told a custom spawn group to: on spawn> follow> AI path point (sprint)

When I do this, all that happens is the demons will hang out at their spawn point until they see you, and then they decide to run straight for the path point. I dunno if that is the desired outcome or not. I don't see it being useful honestly, unless you plan on playing hide and seek with a bunch of demons...

Maybe it's so you can have AI patrolling or roaming around a larger area but once fighting ensues they all take predetermined tacticool positions. Like, put the point behind something that can serve as cover and you could make it look like when the player enters all the AI scrambles to take cover, then there's a firefight that plays out in a similar manner every time because the AI start off in the same location(s) every time. This could make balancing/testing easier.

Well, the same could be accomplished with (any trigger)> on trigered> follow AI path> (with run true and unfollow for combat false). Once the demon makes it to wherever, they will break off and fight.

Not trying to argue with you, I'm just saying there should really be a better guide or tutorials on some of these things. It doesn't help that some demons simply refuse to run until they see a player. Pinkeys are fast but will simply walk everywhere if they haven't encountered a threat.