Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Best tnt pharaoh/carribean remakes?

I know of a couple of pharaoh ones in the various tnt remakes (but none that are complete sadly), looking for these, + carribean remakes. Definitely my two favorite iwad maps for gameplay and setting.

Doom Core's MAP21 was inspired from Caribbean. There's also MAP31 of TNT: Revilution if you're up for giving that a shot.

Reverie's last MAP30 was inspired from both Pharaoh/Caribbean (since they're both also my favorite IWAD maps) although it's not exactly a remake of either one save for the opening area obviously paying tribute to the latter map.

valkiriforce said:

Reverie's last MAP30 was inspired from both Pharaoh/Caribbean (since they're both also my favorite IWAD maps) although it's not exactly a remake of either one save for the opening area obviously paying tribute to the latter map.

Ah, cool. That was the first map I just thought of when I was trying to come up with levels like Caribbean -- it's cool to know it had direct inspiration.

Devilution has a map called Galapagos that I think was originally in the map 32 spot as a direct tribute to Caribbean. Looks like it's map 17 now...oh, and hey, it's a valkiriforce map!

Plus there's the ocean/island levels in Vispire.

Not Jabba said:

Ah, cool. That was the first map I just thought of when I was trying to come up with levels like Caribbean -- it's cool to know it had direct inspiration.

Devilution has a map called Galapagos that I think was originally in the map 32 spot as a direct tribute to Caribbean. Looks like it's map 17 now...oh, and hey, it's a valkiriforce map!

Plus there's the ocean/island levels in Vispire.

It's not released, is it? The second demo doesn't have a map 17, the first is a broken link.

Speed of Doom map32 was inspired by Pharaoh as well as AV map20. I also suggest Epic 2, where most of the megawad has that kind of aesthetic and atmosphere.

Don't forget Maps 06 - 10 from Scythe 2. That section of the megawad has the same kind of theme and architecture you see in Pharaoh.