Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matthias

WTF is wrong with that bird [solved]

I put into Hexen map the bird enemy - the wyvern (it's Dragon Lich in the DB2)

But there is something wrong with it. It doesn't attack - it's actually stuck on the place I put him, screaming and looking bugged. I try to get it higher above the land, but nothing changed.

How does this thing work?

Check if he has enough space to move around, and isn't stuck in/between impassable/monster-blocking linedefs or things.

enkeli33 said:

I put into Hexen map the bird enemy - the wyvern (it's Dragon Lich in the DB2)

But there is something wrong with it. It doesn't attack - it's actually stuck on the place I put him, screaming and looking bugged. I try to get it higher above the land, but nothing changed.

How does this thing work?

Wiki to the rescue!

scifista42 said:

Check if he has enough space to move around, and isn't stuck in/between impassable/monster-blocking linedefs or things.

Won't be enough, the death wyvern isn't a normal enemy and it doesn't move like everything else. It needs to have a flight path set, without a flight path is will just stay in place and not do anything -- exactly what enkeli is describing.

oh... so it works a little bit more complicated than I expected...

Thanks guys (again)

Let's hope the Hereasiarch doesn't work even more difficult:)

Gez said:

the death wyvern isn't a normal enemy and it doesn't move like everything else.

I had no idea there was any such enemy in a Doom engine game, interesting.

yup the bitch works now

sometimes it does something weird, like flies against the wall, but all in all I got the point :)

The Death Wyvern needs a significantly open area free of any possible blocking obstructions as he has absolutely zero logic for navigation other than "fly toward the next ACS mapspot." Keep the spots far away from walls as he doesn't aim for them exactly; doing a "gravitational slingshot" around them would be the best way I could describe the way he tries to move.