Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riderr3

Urania - megawad in style of Plutonia [release]

25 minutes ago, chungy said:

Fixed/added.

If I run the game with both the .wad and the .bex file you provided, will it work fine with the savestates I already have?

59 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

If I run the game with both the .wad and the .bex file you provided, will it work fine with the savestates I already have?

Yes, it's only a cosmetic change.

This is MAP19. According to the automap, there is an item behind that blue wall, but can't find a way to reach it. Could help me a little bit?

uranialvl19.png.b3d8fbeff44cfdc1430f5471168a3486.png

This secret is similar like in "Monster Condo" of Doom 2. To get this item, you have only 30 seconds from level start.

I have another question, in MAP27, where should I go? I saw a switch between magenta lights, but I cannot reach it. There is another one on the platform where the barons are, also unreachable by now. Then there's the red switch to open the red bars, that was ok but I found it by accident becuase I fell off the pit unintentionally. Back to the "magenta switch", there was a teleporter on the pit with a baron on it that leaded to me to that switch. It raised a platform to cross over pit, but I stopped there because I'm not sure if that is has to be done that way. 

Just finished the whole megawad in HMP. May I say, I loved everything in this wad, lot's of memorable things (in my opinion), lots of TNT and Plutonia Experiment homages. It has its own distinguishable aspects. For example, almost all maps have more than 200 enemies, reason why most maps took me more than an hour, some more than two hours. I know other Plutonia styled megawads don't have that amount of monsters in every map. Clever usage of secrets, neat layouts, well monster placement, balanced health and ammo. I don't know what else to say, I'm amused with this great creation haha.

I wrote reviews for every map, opinions in fact. Most are good thoughts, some may be "constructive critiques". Here's the link to it if you want to read them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq82zi3zdgzp6bc/Urania thoughts.docx?dl=0

Oh gosh the longest megawad I have ever played was definitely this one, I can breathe now lol

1 hour ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Just finished the whole megawad in HMP. May I say, I loved everything in this wad, lot's of memorable things (in my opinion), lots of TNT and Plutonia Experiment homages. It has its own distinguishable aspects. For example, almost all maps have more than 200 enemies, reason why most maps took me more than an hour, some more than two hours. I know other Plutonia styled megawads don't have that amount of monsters in every map. Clever usage of secrets, neat layouts, well monster placement, balanced health and ammo. I don't know what else to say, I'm amused with this great creation haha.

I wrote reviews for every map, opinions in fact. Most are good thoughts, some may be "constructive critiques". Here's the link to it if you want to read them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq82zi3zdgzp6bc/Urania thoughts.docx?dl=0

Oh gosh the longest megawad I have ever played was definitely this one, I can breathe now lol

Thanks for review!
You can also rate it here, as usual

https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/18523-urania/

Man, I REALLY want to play this, but I also want it to get into DWMC and would rather wait and see. Such torment! I wanted it this month ugh!

Just have to say, every map is supposed to be played with pistol-start but this is not recommended, cause lack of ammo and infighting needed.

Also it's not that torment with compare to some others: (image by Linguica)
C1WfTWRUQAACSdE.jpg

14 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Man, I REALLY want to play this, but I also want it to get into DWMC and would rather wait and see. Such torment! I wanted it this month ugh!

I'll keep voting for it until the DWMC picks it. Would definitely be interesting to see. It's a long wad and fits the one map per day format well.

I keep wondering whats the OST, some tracks really caught my ear ...where are the tracks from or better, who wrote them?

On 26.04.2017 at 0:16 PM, Vykroft said:

I keep wondering whats the OST, some tracks really caught my ear ...where are the tracks from or better, who wrote them?

These are different metal midis. I updated first post with the information which midis are used.

DUDE! You used the cover of Cross Eyed Mary that Iron Maiden recorded!?! Your WAD is officially my favorite of all time, congratulations.

btw, where did you get the midis?

Edited by NecrumWarrior