Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kev The Galaxybender

Can't push or move barrels in Brutal Doom v20b

I have noticed a strange bug with Brutal Doom v20b. When I first start a game I can't move or push barrels. I'll just pass right through them. No collision at all and I don't have no clip enabled either. But after a bit all of a sudden I can. It's really bizarre.

I tried it on zandronum 3.0 and 2.1.2. Same thing happens. This doesn't happen at all with Project Brutality.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this would happen? Is there a solution for it?

Toph Bei Fong said:

I have noticed a strange bug with Brutal Doom v20b. When I first start a game I can't move or push barrels. I'll just pass right through them. No collision at all and I don't have no clip enabled either. But after a bit all of a sudden I can. It's really bizarre.

I tried it on zandronum 3.0 and 2.1.2. Same thing happens. This doesn't happen at all with Project Brutality.

Does anyone have any idea as to why this would happen? Is thaere a solution for it?

Are you loading any extra PWADs in the autoload?.

I never encountered that bug.

I never heard or had this issue either. There has to be something on your end - somehow.

What I do know is that my Plasma Shots don't seem to hit Barrels very well in Brutal Doom v2.0B. It sometimes hits perfectly and other times completely flies past them.

before I went to bed last night I had removed every pwad I had and this problem was still happening. I ran just zandronum, both versions, with brutal doom v20b with no other mods installed and the problem still persisted.

I went and loaded up brutal doom v20 and the problem is not there at all

I will try out GZDoom when I get back home. I'm getting ready to leave for work but here I recorded me removing all of the mods and just using Brutal Doom v20b. the audio is weird because I suck at using twitch. and also the video goes on longer because I don't know how to record my desktop and gameplay all at the same time, so after you see me launch the game, just stop the video and I will link you to the actual gameplay

https://www.twitch.tv/toph_the_earthbender/v/81882403

and here is the gameplay

https://www.twitch.tv/toph_the_earthbender/v/81882901

I don't understand it at all.

edit: I tried this with GZDoom and the same thing happens. Weird

What version are using (GZDoom and Zandronum)?

I'm guessing something in a DECORATE file might be causing this.

Or it could be that you toggled an option ingame that resulted this.

Or maybe its just your computer.

well I know for sure it's not my PC because I tried this on my tablet which runs Doom Touch which has the GZDoom source port in it and it and I tried it on my Nvidia SHIELD Android TV and it does the same thing. So I have absolutely no idea what causes this. Maybe I'll try to redownload the pk3 and see if that solves the issue.

edit: I just downloaded v20b from moddb and ran it on my tablet and the same exact thing happens. when I run v20 everything is fine. This one is a head scratcher. Maybe I should send a message to sarge to see if he has any input on this.

Does this really not happen to anyone else?

That is really strange.

Why dont you try resetting the game options back to default settings, see if that works?
What is the exact size of your brutalv20b.pk3?

... I have never encountered such a bug in my whole life.

In the meantime, why dont you send an email to the sgtmkiv? Maybe he can shed some light on this. I see no other option atm.

Voros said:

That is really strange.

... I have never encountered such a bug in my whole life.

In the meantime, why dont you send an email to the sgtmkiv? Maybe he can shed some light on this. I see no other option atm.

yeah I sent him a message on moddb and his youtube page. I couldn't find an email for him. Do you have one?

here is the problem happening on my tablet as well. As you can see I have only the brual doom v20b pwad running

https://www.twitch.tv/toph_the_earthbender/v/81911978

I figured something out. I went here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/brutal-doom-v20b-bug-fixing-project/page/2#6089451

and downloaded this bug fix. and when I unzipped the archive, there were 2 files inside. One of them was brutalv20bOldSP.pk3 and the other was brutalv20b.pk3.

when I loaded up this one

brutalv20b.pk3

the game would just crash

but when I loaded up this one

brutalv20bOldSP.pk3

the game worked and I could move the barrels.

My question is, what is the difference between the two? I have asked a question on that forum as well. But just wanted to see if anyone knew here in advanced.

Chezza said:

I never heard or had this issue either. There has to be something on your end - somehow.

What I do know is that my Plasma Shots don't seem to hit Barrels very well in Brutal Doom v2.0B. It sometimes hits perfectly and other times completely flies past them.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/brutal-doom-v20b-bug-fixing-project/page/2#6089451

"13. Fix when rocket or plasma pass through barrel"

so there does seems to be some issues with v20b

There's actually a bug with barrels having the same species as players and marines. I think I was trying to fix a problem of friendly marines shooting barrels and exploding them and killing the player, and I forgot to remove the flag. Sorry but you will have to wait for v21 for a fix.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

There's actually a bug with barrels having the same species as players and marines. I think I was trying to fix a problem of friendly marines shooting barrels and exploding them and killing the player, and I forgot to remove the flag. Sorry but you will have to wait for v21 for a fix.

no problem Sarge. I appreciate the response. I thought I was going crazy for a moment.

I look forward to v21 and your Brutal Doom 64