Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zulk RS

How to update Zandronum?

I realize this is probably a very noob question but I really need help with this.

I want to switch to the latest version of zandronum without having to install it from scratch. I would like to keep all my current Zandronum configurations. So how do I switch without losing all my settings?

Download the "Archive (Core Only)" version of Zandronum, and copy all files from the zip into your current Zandronum folder, so they will overwrite the same-named files in your folder, but the rest of the files in your folder will stay intact.

I did what you told me to and it worked. But I noticed something else. Turns out, the latest official release was Zandronum 2.1.2 and that was almost a year ago. Has Zandronum stopped updating or something? I don't really keep up with it's development so I'm a bit confused.

P.S: I updated to the alpha of 3.0

The latest dev build for 3.0 dates from 21.05.2016, so I guess the port is still alive.

BTW, the "latest official release" of Eternity was in early 2014, but the port is still developed :]

Yeah, it's normal for "official releases" of active Doom source ports to happen once per several years, while "dev build releases" may happen more frequently.