Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rdwpa

Texture Request

A blue version of this that looks decent with Doom's palette.

It should preserve some of the variation of shading, instead of being literally all blue.

Thanks in advance.

Doom palette's muted greens blend with greys rather well, but I'm afraid that Doom palette's vivid blues have no chance to.

I took on the challenge. scifista's right in that the blue in Doom is just too damn saturated that there's no way to get that soft pale blue such as in the pic bzzrak posted. I made a few different variations starting with the left where all the green was subbed with strong blue, to the right where I peppered in a little extra gray each time. I don't know if any of this will look any good in low lighting. I'm not sure there is any practical way to get something that doesn't look like it's got lightning bolts or bioluminescent caco-gore splashed all over it.

Thought I'd take a stab at it a well since I already had GIMP open :P.

As 40oz and scifista42 already said, Doom's blue range is super saturated and it really doesn't play very well with any of the other colors. The only color ranges I've had luck with are the very short magenta range and, occasionally, the grey range. It gets easier to work with at the darker end of the range, but only just.

I did three variants:

First one has the greens replaced with a ramp of blues that seemed to merge with the greys the best. It still looks more like blue paint splashed on concrete though, instead of a solid material. Second one is essentially the same as the first but with more contrast in the blue. And the last one is basically what you said you didn't want, but I made it anyways :P

Thanks for the info and effort guys. Those might be quite useful in some surreal tech level, as precisely a blue-paint splotched wall. :)