Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Kuchitsu 2 : Dreadead (demo)

Tommorow night I'm going on a vacation untill the 1st of september, so I'm posting this now in it's demo state.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like kuchitsu, so I'm going to make a sequel to it since nobody else did it yet and the author himself admitted that he won't be dooming much these days.

I'm aiming for six maps just like the first one, difficulties won't be implemented and there are just 2 maps so far, so that means I made one third of the wad so far, there are intentionally no secrets in the first two maps because they would be too easy with some, I'll include them later when there's a need for some.

This mapset won't have the same theme as the prequel, instead of being exotic and lively it's going do be more dreaded and dead, just like the title says. However, the gameplay is going to be retained; that means ammo starvation and few yet threatning enemies, never going above 100 monsters in one map.
Instead of being inspired by Doom City, I'm going to be inspired by Suspended In Dusk but without getting technological and gray, instead, it's more focused on brown and being abstract in terms of theme, I'm going to use only stock textures except for the sky which is from Suspended In Dusk.

Have your shortlived fun here (limit-removing compability) : https://www.mediafire.com/?a633e89l5lno6x9

Oh, and before I forget, have a peek :

That is, uhh, startlingly brown. I know you don't have to follow on with Kuchitsu's prevalent green coloration, but brown doesn't really give the whole image a sense of being inspired by Kuchitsu. Maybe blue?

Fdas for both maps (made on PRBoom+ cl 2). I managed to die on MAP01 by a sneaky chaingunner. Difficulty seems fine, you just have to be careful with the hitscanners as the health is rather absent. I would change the lava/blood/slime liquids to water/nukage.
I quite liked the maps but I must say that it's disappointing to see how that unique atmosphere of Kuchitsu here turns into yet another generic brown wasteland.

Edit: forgot to say that there's a slime trail on MAP02 when you start

gaspe and obsidian said:

I would change the lava/blood/slime liquids to water/nukage.
I quite liked the maps but I must say that it's disappointing to see how that unique atmosphere of Kuchitsu here turns into yet another generic brown wasteland.

I agree, I'll add sparks of colours in the final version, and the green nukage is a good idea, I'll do that.
Thanks for the FDAs, good to see you picked that chaingun in MAP02 from the wooden cage, I was afraid it wasn't much obvious.

Good to see the original creator endorsing this official.

@rdwpa, I'll add some rooftops and chimneys next time.

Imo there was supposed to be a brown episode in kuchitsu. If someone has that wad with leftovers I posted years ago, maybe you can find a lev like that in there.