Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forli

I made 3 more maps

Since i'm a bit bored now, i gave this wad a go.

What can i say.. The first map is quite easy and entertaining. I enjoyed it. I like it's non-linearity, unusual design choices and the variety of traps.
Also, i found it weird that, even though you used only stock monsters throughout the entirety of the map, in the very end you suddenly made me face some custom mechademons. This really surprised me, i didn't expect that.
Otherwise, good map, i enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, i can't say anything about map 2 or 3, because i got roasted by shotgunners in the beginning of map 2 and stopped playing it. Well, sorry about that. No, that doesn't mean your wad is too hard, it's just me.. I'm not a good reviewer anyway, i just came here to say that i enjoyed map 1. Yeah..

Also, just want to ask, what texture pack you used in screenshot of map 3?

Also, just want to ask, what texture pack you used in screenshot of map 3?

I took textures from a bunch of different packs.

The black bricks are from the noir pack in realm 667, the black metal is from the gothic pack and the horizontal metal bars from the mortres pack, the railings are from plutonia I think.

Played all the maps, it was rather nice overall and also quite tough. The gameplay gave me a Plutonia vibe somehow, while MAP01 felt like a TNT-ish techbase. I suggest you to put some more care to the texture alignments as it will give a better appereance to your maps. I got surprised too by the custom Demon in the end of MAP01 but after that I was prepared to see other custom monsters. Though I really disliked the Baron, you'd better to swap it with a recolored version at least if you want to change its behaviour. On MAP03 the elevator near the RL was rather cheap as the monsters down there are literally in your face. Also on MAP03 it seems that you have some problems with the 3d bridges (played on GZDoom).

Thank you for playing

The 3d bridges looked fine when I played it on zdoom :S. I think I might give up on them, I wanted to see if I could do it but they see to be more trouble than they are worth.

When you said that you disliked the barons, where you talking about their new behaviour or just about the fact that they look like regular barons when they are not?

It's becuase they look like the regular baron. The new behaviour is fine but imo it would be better if their look is changed, even a simple recolor would do well.