Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Why havent you played Doom 2016?

I personally didn't think very highly of the new Doom game when it first debuted, and kinda expected the game to be kinda lame, but I later tried to keep an open mind and give it a try and I'm very glad I did.

Out of curiosity, how many people here have not played Doom 2016 yet? Barring the expense of buying new hardware or a video game console that plays it, what is your reason not to? Are you deliberately avoiding new games? Boycotting id software/bethesda/zenimax? Is it simply not appealing to what you want in a doom game?

Won't run on my laptop and i don't have money to buy a console/good pc. That's the main reason.
The other reason is that i was never really interested in the game, to me it looks like another boring mainstream sci-fi shooter like Halo, so i decided to stick to old Doom for now.

ChekaAgent said:

Won't run on my laptop and i don't have money to buy a console/good pc. That's the main reason.
The other reason is that i was never really interested in the game, to me it looks like another boring mainstream sci-fi shooter like Halo, so i decided to stick to old Doom for now.

You lose all credibility by comparing it to halo when the two have nothing in common other than that they are both FPS and that's it.

Various reasons:
1. No PC anymore, just a phone.
2. Even if i did have a PC, it wouldnt run.
3. Even if i had a PC that can run it, it wont be available in this country.
4. When it is available, itll be cracked/warez at a very low price (converting from taka to dollars, it would be less than $2-$1 :P no, im serious)
5. Wont even bother with a console (that shit always breaks for me :P)

Although, when it does arrive, i might try to get a copy and keep the packet with multiple CDs in it, in my drawer... Cause its Doom.

NodEliteX5 said:

You lose all credibility by comparing it to halo when the two have nothing in common other than that they are both FPS and that's it.

Idk, both Doom and Halo have similar graphics, they're both sci-fi and Doomslayer and Master Chief both wear armor of the same color. Yeah, so basically Bethesda clearly decided to cash on Halo's success.

ChekaAgent said:

Idk, both Doom and Halo have similar graphics, they're both sci-fi and Doomslayer and Master Chief both wear armor of the same color. Yeah, so basically Bethesda clearly decided to cash on Halo's success.

Lmao this is what you are comparing? You do realize that Halo got it's inspiration from DOOM not the other way around and both games don't use the same engine. And so what if they're both sci-fi? That's like saying everything in the horror genre is the same when alot of them are different or every RPG is the same when alot of them look and play nothing alike.

I wasn't sure my PC would handle it; my GPU is below the minimum spec. However, I did try out the demo, and it played back OK at 720p, so I *could* pick it up. The demo didn't really light my fire, and the game doesn't look like my cup of tea particularly, so I'm in no rush. I might buy it in a future sale.

To be fair the first level isn't all that great. It isn't until ResOps and Foundry that the game picks up.

yeah, considering how much screentime The Foundry got back when it was shown to the public, and the fact that it dated back to when the game was still in prototype stage, it's a bit weird they didn't include at least that level for people to play. you'd be able to find a sentry to get a mod, some argent energy to boost your stats, and run around in a non-linearly structured level with lots of height variation. the first level's just a teaser for what's to come in comparison. nevertheless, i did buy it shortly after trying the demo, heh.

Jaxxoon R said:

To be fair the first level isn't all that great. It isn't until ResOps and Foundry that the game picks up.

The first level LOOKS great but yeah it's not really that fun. The game is pretty frustrating until you have some serious firepower.

Neither have a powerful enough PC or current-gen console. And I am not feeling like putting money in PC to play anything new. I guess I am fine being a fossilized player, even though Doom 4 actually looks enticing... but then again, what after it? SnapMap? Maybe for a few months, then what? This game still has no mod support, so no thanks, I am staying over at classic Doom.

You know what I find a bit frustrating about the new Doom?

The multiplayer levels all have these very unique and detailed maps. Now I wouldn't mind if the MP was good but sadly it's kind of garbage.

It frustrates me because although the Hell sections in the game are INCREDIBLY authentic, visually they never progress beyond what you see in the first level.

The MP has this really cool-looking level called Perdition that is full of huge, dead trees and some kind of flesh tube that looks straight out of Doom 1. You never see those environments in the single player. Wasted potential there...

I mean I love brown rocky wastes and puke-green walls just as much as everyone else and again, it's all incredibly authentic but I would have liked to see more variety. A flesh, blood and bone themed level, a huge, gothic cathedral

Voros said:

Various reasons:

3. Even if i had a PC that can run it, it wont be available in this country.

Where are you from???

The only thing i can said to those that did not play the game, give it a try if they can. It's a very very solid game, and it's a fresh air in the world of generic FPS.

Wild Dog said:

it's a fresh air in the world of generic FPS.

Unfortunately the idiotic COD and Halo Fanboys and Fangirls think otherwise.

NodEliteX5 said:

Is that so? I've only seen positive reviews. Are there people out there not happy with it?

Wild Dog said:

and it's a fresh air in the world of generic FPS.

Well, it's not a generic modern military FPS, it's generic "cool oldschool" FPS.

Jon said:

Is that so? I've only seen positive reviews. Are there people out there not happy with it?

Some of the Brutal Doom folk I have seen (in YT comments under Brutal Doom-related mods' videos mostly) were deeming it as "mediocre" and such. Those that actually put any arguments were mentioning not enough gore, not being brutal enough, or not being fast-paced enough.
Also there were a few unrelated (to BD fandom) voices not being happy with the music's style. Other outliers include critics of the story (too barebones or something) and of the upgrade system (that weapon upgrades, runes and the like are unfit for Doom - there was one guy in this board recently who did this rather vehemently).

I was looking to grab it shortly after it came out. But after doing a bit of research, I found out that my machine wouldn't be able to run it very well at all. So it'll have to wait until I can upgrade my hardware.

Incidentally, this is pretty much what happened to me when Doom 3 came out. I didn't play it until years later when I finally had my own PC capable of running it.

Jon said:

Just ignore people who still complain about cod and halo fanboys. They often can't think for themselves (the very reason they don't like cod/halo players)

NodEliteX5 said:

Lol, the COD community is filled with retarded players with little to no common sense and don't forget that MW started this stupid bs trend of COD clones.
As for Halo, i don't care, but Master Chief looks like a rip-off of Doomguy in terms of appearence.
Now i can't play DOOM because my PC isn't powerful, nor do i have a PS4 or an XB1.

AnonimVio said:

Well, it's not a generic modern military FPS, it's generic "cool oldschool" FPS.

Yeah Generic? It may have been generic if it was released in 99,00,01,02,03....
It's been a long time since a good "oldschool" FPS

TheWizard said:

Just ignore people who still complain about cod and halo fanboys. They often can't think for themselves (the very reason they don't like cod/halo players)

Are you implying that I'm incapable of thinking for myself just because of that comment I made a little while ago?

J.B.R said:

Lol, the COD community is filled with retarded players with little to no common sense and don't forget that MW started this stupid bs trend of COD clones.
As for Halo, i don't care, but Master Chief looks like a rip-off of Doomguy in terms of appearence.
Now i can't play DOOM because my PC isn't powerful, nor do i have a PS4 or an XB1 and besides i pretty much saw .

Exactly, Doom guy gave Bungie the inspiration for creating master chief not the other way around but of course ignorant new gamers love to think otherwise because they don't know their history.

Because it is too expensive for what it has to offer, which I do not find all that impressive to begin with.

I am perfectly satisfied with D4D for the time being.

NodEliteX5 said:

Lmao this is what you are comparing? You do realize that Halo got it's inspiration from DOOM not the other way around and both games don't use the same engine. And so what if they're both sci-fi? That's like saying everything in the horror genre is the same when alot of them are different or every RPG is the same when alot of them look and play nothing alike.

are you legitimately unaware of the fact that you're being baited?

Wild Dog said:

Yeah Generic? It may have been generic if it was released in 99,00,01,02,03....
It's been a long time since a good "oldschool" FPS

lmao, ROTT '13 would like to have a word with you.

Spoiler

I'm not being at all serious, though. God that game is a trashheap. would be fun to know who got their hopes up with that sentence.

AnonimVio said:

Its kinda like how the original Doom was a generic run and gun shooter.

I haven't played it yet because I have to get more disc space for my PC first. But I played the demo on Steam and really enjoyed it!