Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Why havent you played Doom 2016?

Agentbromsnor said:

Citation needed.

Read your previous posts on the thread, there's your "citation" (btw you make a terrible troll) XD.

Linguica said:

OK, cut it out, all of you.

This part of the forum needs a massive Loser exodus.

I haven't played the new DOOM namely because it uses Denuvo. Storefront DRM is enough imo.

I'm also not keen that the horror aspects appear to have been greatly stripped down. I feel the classics had a great balance of action, tension and creepiness even with their limits at the time. There was always something about surviving the darker, creepier levels in the originals.

I'll buy it once Bethesda and Id announce Denuvo is removed.

For now though, I'm happy with Brutal DOOM and the D4D Mods. I think D4D has the best blend of gameplay from the classics and the newer game. Just needs a custom campaign tailored for it. :P

cr0wb4r said:

I haven't played the new DOOM namely because it uses Denuvo. Storefront DRM is enough imo.

I'll buy it once Bethesda and Id announce Denuvo is removed.

ERGO : I'll torrent it once Denuvo is gone :P

My rig barely runs Doom 3 (although with all whistles and bells + sikkmod) and Doom 4 is a 2016 title...
DirectX 11?? I don't even know how DX 10 looks like.
Windows 7? No, thanx, I'll wait until all XP's in existence vanish (so that there will be absolutely no support from anyone), then MAYBE I'll switch to another platform.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You'll be punished for this: sent into hell with no achievements, only with a pistol, against real (no dweeb) monsters, no continues, no console stuff, no jumping/crouching, no looking up/down. Pure classic... Hm, sounds fine to me...

DMGUYDZ64 said:

My favourite part of Denuvo isn't any part of the technology, but the flannel of weak excuses people keep using as to not buying a game that uses it. Never has an anti-tamper protocol caused such glorious posts.
I wonder if people still try to argue that it kills SSDs...

My favorite part about Denuvo is the part where people keep responding to the guy who was mocking a Denuvo complainer rather than the responding to the guy actually doing the complaining. :P

Sig said:

The hell is a Denuvo and why hasn't it ruined my life?

its a drm measure that games like rise of the tomb raider and doom 2016 are using. People are mad cause it couldnt be cracked for a really long time

mistercow said:

its a drm measure that games like rise of the tomb raider and doom 2016 are using. People are mad cause it couldnt be cracked for a really long time

PC wise.

mistercow said:

So, they're stupid?

Xaser said:

My favorite part about Denuvo is the part where people keep responding to the guy who was mocking a Denuvo complainer rather than the responding to the guy actually doing the complaining. :P

lol I was waiting for someone to notice .

Jon said:

Is that so? I've only seen positive reviews. Are there people out there not happy with it?

People on Steam, who are hating because the multiplayer is not like Quake, even though Quake and Doom are two different series. Also, double-digit IQ kids who think Doom copied Halo.

ChekaAgent said:

Idk, both Doom and Halo have similar graphics, they're both sci-fi and Doomslayer and Master Chief both wear armor of the same color. Yeah, so basically Bethesda clearly decided to cash on Halo's success.

Right, because any sci-fi soldier with green armor automatically means he's copied off of Master Chief, because Master Chief invented the concept of green armor.

Kids...

Even though I played it. I wish I didn't. I have some of the best hardware available, I've got a lot of time on my hands too.
There's something about this game that doesn't make me want to pick it up and play it again. I can't quite put my finger on it.
It does nothing wrong as far as what it is. Could this be depression? Or shooter fatigue? Maybe even boring? Help me please...

ChekaAgent said:

Doomslayer and Master Chief both wear armor of the same color. Yeah, so basically Bethesda clearly decided to cash on Halo's success.

OK.

ATP2555 said:

Right, because any sci-fi soldier with green armor automatically means he's copied off of Master Chief, because Master Chief invented the concept of green armor.

Kids...

is that why so many unfavorable reviews were given to the Doom Beta on Steam? because the younger generation of gamers did not know, or were not as well acquainted with the classic doom franchise as most of us were back in the 1990s with the distribution of the doom shareware diskette (copy the floppy!), thus resulting in them basing their negetive reviews on the sole, hastily-made assumption that the new doom 2016 is a copycat of halo?

beautifulman2999 said:

is that why so many unfavorable reviews were given to the Doom Beta on Steam?

It is possibly because the Multiplayer wasn't wat they expected, It was COD styled (Nothing impressive, Just another COD Clone), I Kind of disagree with that though .

Mac fag here.

beautifulman2999 said:

is that why so many unfavorable reviews were given to the Doom Beta on Steam? because the younger generation of gamers did not know, or were not as well acquainted with the classic doom franchise as most of us were back in the 1990s with the distribution of the doom shareware diskette (copy the floppy!), thus resulting in them basing their negetive reviews on the sole, hastily-made assumption that the new doom 2016 is a copycat of halo?

Fifty percent thought it was a lame Halo ripoff while the other half saw it as a failure to meet what was expected of an id multiplayer game. Luckily the single player team pulled it off.

Technician said:

Fifty percent thought it was a lame Halo ripoff while the other half saw it as a failure to meet what was expected of an id multiplayer game. Luckily the single player team pulled it off.

ah i see, thanks for clearing this up for me.

also is your avatar pic from the N64 game Mischief Maker?

beautifulman2999 said:

ah i see, thanks for clearing this up for me.

also is your avatar pic from the N64 game Mischief Maker?

Shake-shake.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

All thanks go to "Certain Affinity"

I think id has been outsourcing their MP components to third party developers since Doom 3. You'd think they'd have learned by now.

Technician said:

Mac fag here.

Put it like this:

*40% - Halo kids.
*25% - COD kids.
*35% - Old heads who can't handle change.

I find that real ironic about people hating it because it wasn't the ID multiplayer game they expected. Wolfenstein games have loadouts and shit, but no one bitches about those.

ATP2555 said:

I find that real ironic about people hating it because it wasn't the ID multiplayer game they expected. Wolfenstein games have loadouts and shit, but no one bitches about those.

Wolfenstein will never be like Doom or Quake in either community or legacy. Now, why is that? Why does the community have different expectation from Doom and Quake's MP than Wolf's? Two reasons: 1.) Wolfenstein was not perpetuated throughout the following decades by it's multiplayer fan base. In fact, it never initially had one to build on in following future installments. Doom and Quake remained relevant to PC gamers because of it's MP. Once the SP game was all said and done, we continued to play Doom with friends over IRC. Now, the argument some are making: "Doom was never an arena shooter to begin with," which brings me to point numeral 2: the community essentially made it one. When Quake 1 & 2 changed FPS MP, Doom changed too. Doom even started to chang before Quake's release. Mods and communities like DWANGO quickly shifted Doom into a smaller area, faster paced killing spree. And ports and game modes brought to us kept the speed and technical aspects highlighted in our minds. I think id saw the progression in game play and, IMO, perfected the arena shooter with Quake 3. UT did a wonderful job cementing the golden mean but CoD and Halo brought us a new standard and breed of player.

TL;DR: 1.) Wolfenstein was never popular for it's multiplayer and never had such a strong community as Doom. 2.) Thanks to the Quake series Doom's MP evolved into something we expect more inline of a technical arena shooter than a typical Halo-ish game.

Technician said:

Wolfenstein will never be like Doom or Quake in either community or legacy. Now, why is that? Why does the community have different expectation from Doom and Quake's MP than Wolf's? Two reasons: 1.) Wolfenstein was not perpetuated throughout the following decades by it's multiplayer fan base. In fact, it never initially had one to build on in following future installments. Doom and Quake remained relevant to PC gamers because of it's MP. Once the SP game was all said and done, we continued to play Doom with friends over IRC. Now, the argument some are making: "Doom was never an arena shooter to begin with," which brings me to point numeral 2: the community essentially made it one. When Quake 1 & 2 changed FPS MP, Doom changed too. Doom even started to chang before Quake's release. Mods and communities like DWANGO quickly shifted Doom into a smaller area, faster paced killing spree. And ports and game modes brought to us kept the speed and technical aspects highlighted in our minds. I think id saw the progression in game play and, IMO, perfected the arena shooter with Quake 3. UT did a wonderful job cementing the golden mean but CoD and Halo brought us a new standard and breed of player.

TL;DR: 1.) Wolfenstein was never popular for it's multiplayer and never had such a strong community as Doom. 2.) Thanks to the Quake series Doom's MP evolved into something we expect more inline of a technical arena shooter than a typical Halo-ish game.

Funny because alot mods that I've seen for the classic doom games on PC are mostly SP and Co-op focused where's all this mp focused stuff that you're bringing up located?

cr0wb4r said:

For now though, I'm happy with Brutal DOOM and the D4D Mods. I think D4D has the best blend of gameplay from the classics and the newer game. Just needs a custom campaign tailored for it. :P

DBT recently posted a teaser of a first Doom 4 level, recreated in Classic Doom: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52164&start=1050#p936551. Maybe your wish will be fulfilled eventually...

ATP2555 said:

*40% - Halo kids.
*25% - COD kids.
*35% - Old heads who can't handle change.

Those voicechatters in pretty much every lobby don't sound like kids to me .