Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Anyone have the new DLC?

Recommended Posts

I don't really like the Doom MP but I am really curious about the aesthetics of the new DLC maps.

I don't want to buy the DLC but I could play it through Partyplay. All I need is to join a match with someone from my friends list who has it. Anyone would like to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

I don't really like the Doom MP but I am really curious about the aesthetics of the new DLC maps.

I don't want to buy the DLC but I could play it through Partyplay. All I need is to join a match with someone from my friends list who has it. Anyone would like to do this?

You don't like the MP yet you wanna play something involving it anyways, I don't get you.

Share this post


Link to post
NodEliteX5 said:

You don't like the MP yet you wanna play something involving it anyways, I don't get you.


I'm curious how the maps look.

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

I don't really like the Doom MP but I am really curious about the aesthetics of the new DLC maps.

I don't want to buy the DLC but I could play it through Partyplay. All I need is to join a match with someone from my friends list who has it. Anyone would like to do this?

Don't waste time nor money. Those maps are Dull as the other maps. While snapmap is improving, it seems that the MP is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Wild Dog said:

Don't waste time nor money. Those maps are Dull as the other maps. While snapmap is improving, it seems that the MP is not.

Is it me or is snapmap having trouble with the new server browser system when trying to play with random people?

Share this post


Link to post

The new maps look awesome imo - better than the stock maps.

I don't remember the names but the map with half science lab / tech with portals to Hell is pretty awesome. The Bloody mini waterfalls alover the place looks really nice. I also think the maps play well, I never had any major issues with any of the multiplayer maps so far.

Share this post


Link to post
DooM_RO said:

I don't really like the Doom MP but I am really curious about the aesthetics of the new DLC maps.

I don't want to buy the DLC but I could play it through Partyplay. All I need is to join a match with someone from my friends list who has it. Anyone would like to do this?


The new DLC maps are actually pretty damn good. Best maps out of all of the MP maps. Highly recommend it.

Share this post


Link to post

'the new maps look dull', what are you on? I might need some of it for the rat infestation on my backyard.

it's infuriating, if anything, to see maps of such fucking high quality spent on the shitty multiplayer of all things.

Share this post


Link to post
Chezza said:

The new maps look awesome imo - better than the stock maps.

I don't remember the names but the map with half science lab / tech with portals to Hell is pretty awesome. The Bloody mini waterfalls alover the place looks really nice. I also think the maps play well, I never had any major issues with any of the multiplayer maps so far.

The name of that map is called Catalyst and I WISH all the assets from it was available in snapmap but hopefully it will get added in along with more demons.

Share this post


Link to post
Almonds said:

'the new maps look dull', what are you on? I might need some of it for the rat infestation on my backyard.

it's infuriating, if anything, to see maps of such fucking high quality spent on the shitty multiplayer of all things.

I'm dying to know what is the very TRUE reason why the MP in this game is hated soo much (and no I'm not an MP elitist I'm just curious).

Share this post


Link to post
NodEliteX5 said:

I'm dying to know what is the very TRUE reason why the MP in this game is hated soo much (and no I'm not an MP elitist I'm just curious).


1)No server Browser. They just force you to use ther flawed matchmaking system, which can be fast or can be slooooow. Plus the matchmaking never but never make even teams.

2)6 VS 6. why? I understand this kind of small team gameplay on games like Rainbow six siege, where they want to be "tactical". If i want to play a fragfest with lots and lots of players just LET ME DO IT. I guess this is because they don't want to upset console players.........

3)Loadouts. They don't fit in the type of multiplayer they wanted to make. It may work on other games, just not here. I want to be able to pick weapons on the floor. Those pick ups can make a very intensive ambush zones

4)Not enough maps. It does get boring after a few rounds. Is like those CSGO servers where they only play DUST2...


Now Doom 2016, was meant to be a throwback to "ye old fps", they did it right with the SP, the MP was suppose to be close to Quake 3.....
Do this, install Quake 3 look for a 32 players server, there are still a few with that many players and play for a few rounds, now go and play Doom 2016 MP and you will see with it fails.

Is a bad MP? Nop, it is just a Dull Mp.

Share this post


Link to post
Wild Dog said:

1)No server Browser. They just force you to use ther flawed matchmaking system, which can be fast or can be slooooow. Plus the matchmaking never but never make even teams.

2)6 VS 6. why? I understand this kind of small team gameplay on games like Rainbow six siege, where they want to be "tactical". If i want to play a fragfest with lots and lots of players just LET ME DO IT. I guess this is because they don't want to upset console players.........

3)Loadouts. They don't fit in the type of multiplayer they wanted to make. It may work on other games, just not here. I want to be able to pick weapons on the floor. Those pick ups can make a very intensive ambush zones

4)Not enough maps. It does get boring after a few rounds. Is like those CSGO servers where they only play DUST2...


Now Doom 2016, was meant to be a throwback to "ye old fps", they did it right with the SP, the MP was suppose to be close to Quake 3.....
Do this, install Quake 3 look for a 32 players server, there are still a few with that many players and play for a few rounds, now go and play Doom 2016 MP and you will see with it fails.

Is a bad MP? Nop, it is just a Dull Mp.


1) That can happen with any game

2) That's a lie because there are plenty of shooters on console that go beyond 6v6

3) Although I'm used to this and don't mind it BUT I definitely would've preferred the weapon wheel over the loadouts (at least it's finally in Snapmap now thank goodness).

4) Yeah I'll admit 9 maps is hardly decent and even with the upcoming DLC which would make a total of 18 maps (unless they add in free mp maps).

It's not the greatest mp and still could use improvement but regardless I mainly bought this game for the campaign and snapmap, while mp would've been a nice bonus if they finished coding in the offline custom mp with bots so that I can enjoy all the modes on any maps whenever I want and playing free for all modes as well instead of just team based modes all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Wild Dog said:

Now Doom 2016, was meant to be a throwback to "ye old fps", they did it right with the SP, the MP was suppose to be close to Quake 3.....

Why would Doom's multiplayer be a throwback to Quake3, a rather different game? I get complaining about the system as is (shortsighted or not but whatever), but you can't then say it should have been a throwback to a different game, and it being they are already making. That defies common sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Edward850 said:

Why would Doom's multiplayer be a throwback to Quake3, a rather different game? I get complaining about the system as is (shortsighted or not but whatever), but you can't then say it should have been a throwback to a different game, and it being they are already making. That defies common sense.


Now that you mention it, it does feel a bit like Q3. I think the praise would be embarrassingly cock-sucking high if it was direct a clone of it.
Some people never get tired of playing the same thing forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Edward850 said:

Why would Doom's multiplayer be a throwback to Quake3, a rather different game? I get complaining about the system as is (shortsighted or not but whatever), but you can't then say it should have been a throwback to a different game, and it being they are already making. That defies common sense.

Because, it's part of the "golden age" of ID Software, Doom 1/2 were extremly popular when it came to MP, but not near as Quake 3. It's quite obvious that they were aiming for an Updated queake 3 gameplay with more powerups. Quad Damage i wonder where they took it from???

With Quake Champions they want to jump again with the "popular" fps, even if they say is not going to be.. it will be an overwatch clone

NodEliteX5 said:

1) That can happen with any game

2) That's a lie because there are plenty of shooters on console that go beyond 6v6


1)And it sucks in all of them.

2)Yeah and they either have last gen graphics or they struggle like hell to keep 30fps. I have a friend with a PS4 and he owns Doom, played it the MP, when you compare it to PC, you can see that sometimes that FPS drop a lot. He also have BF4, those 64 players servers can make a huge drop on FPS and the game on PS4 looks like what BF3 used to look on PC.
Nothing against consoles, i been using them since the Famicon era (NES in the US)

Share this post


Link to post
Wild Dog said:

it will be an overwatch clone

This is an oddly definitive statement for a game you have never played or even seen much of. It certainly doesn't look like an overwatch clone from the trailers thus far. What with having all the weapons and Quake style movement.

Wild Dog said:

1)And it sucks in all of them.

We've been using Halo2's matchmaking even since 2004. It was a rather brilliant concept and the best way to solve the map burnout problem commonly plaguing self-hosted dedicated servers. Take classic Doom, ironically, as an example. There was a point where between both Zdaemon and Skulltag, the majority of servers was duel Dwango5 Map01/Judas23. Sometimes not even on rotation. It was rather monotonous for new commers. Halo2 pretty much solved that problem with its matchmaking implementation; All maps and gamemodes on rotation so even newcomers could get a taste of everything. There is a very good reason why that stuck.

Wild Dog said:

2)Yeah and they either have last gen graphics or they struggle like hell to keep 30fps. I have a friend with a PS4 and he owns Doom, played it the MP, when you compare it to PC, you can see that sometimes that FPS drop a lot. He also have BF4, those 64 players servers can make a huge drop on FPS and the game on PS4 looks like what BF3 used to look on PC.
Nothing against consoles, i been using them since the Famicon era (NES in the US)

There is no direct technical limitation between player counts and graphical fidelity. The issue is entirely network performance and logic simulation, which is not a console limitation in the slightest. If anything, it's more a PC limitation, where you can't adequately guess the hardware and memory running the logic sim, which unlike graphics settings are much harder to retune, if not sometimes impossible, meaning much greater assumptions need to be made for the more common denominator.

Share this post


Link to post
Wild Dog said:

Because, it's part of the "golden age" of ID Software, Doom 1/2 were extremly popular when it came to MP, but not near as Quake 3. It's quite obvious that they were aiming for an Updated queake 3 gameplay with more powerups. Quad Damage i wonder where they took it from???

With Quake Champions they want to jump again with the "popular" fps, even if they say is not going to be.. it will be an overwatch clone


1)And it sucks in all of them.

2)Yeah and they either have last gen graphics or they struggle like hell to keep 30fps. I have a friend with a PS4 and he owns Doom, played it the MP, when you compare it to PC, you can see that sometimes that FPS drop a lot. He also have BF4, those 64 players servers can make a huge drop on FPS and the game on PS4 looks like what BF3 used to look on PC.
Nothing against consoles, i been using them since the Famicon era (NES in the US)

I don't experience framerate issues with my PS4 and the graphics look fine to me, they don't have to be ultra realistic like real life otherwise might as well not play games.

Share this post


Link to post
Edward850 said:

This is an oddly definitive statement for a game you have never played or even seen much of. It certainly doesn't look like an overwatch clone from the trailers thus far.

For once I agree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Edward850 said:

This is an oddly definitive statement for a game you have never played or even seen much of. It certainly doesn't look like an overwatch clone.

You don't have classes but you have "Champions", that most likely means one of each champion per round or match Mynx is now Nyx the sexy and fast Champion, uhm i wonder where i saw a sexy and fast female.....
Let's just wait and see what happens with Quake Champions.
I hope you are right and that Quake Champions is not just another Overwatch clone trying to be just a lucrative eSport.

Share this post


Link to post
Wild Dog said:

You don't have classes but you have "Champions", that most likely means one of each champion per round or match Mynx is now Nyx the sexy and fast Champion, uhm i wonder where i saw a sexy and fast female.....

Characters that run fast isn't exactly new. And there's a 50% chance that it was going to be female.
(Also Tracer's gimmick isn't that she's fast, rather she manipulates time. Semantics, I know, but if you're going to be nit picky yourself...)

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah but neither Sonic nor Flash are in a "competitive" game that aims to be the next big game at eSports.

New Mynx:
Female
Sexy
Moves so fast that looks like she teleports


Tracer
Female
Sexy
Moves so fast that looks like she teleports. Yes she manipulates time, but when it comes to gameplay she is just super fast.

Zenimax, Bethesda, Id Software, Saber are business people and they want to get money, the best way to do that is to mimic successful formulas and just add a layer of fresh paint and call it a day.

But then again i hope you are right.

Share this post


Link to post

I guess some people can't help going to ludicrous extents to make overstretched comparisons between two things that couldn't be any more different just because they don't like one out of those two things.

I also gotta give it to those people who so claim and won't ever stop with their sentencing that Overwatch sucks, to go about blindlessly calling every modern online FPS released, an Overwatch clone. Reminds me an awful lot of those people who call the latest TF2 update a desperate attempt at competing against it, when in reality it was coming a long way before OW was even officially announced (a rough estimate of around, what, a whole 365 days?). Such as is the case with, you know, Quake Champions.

which began active development two years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Wild Dog said:

Yeah but neither Sonic nor Flash are in a "competitive" game that aims to be the next big game at eSports.

New Mynx:
Female
Sexy
Moves so fast that looks like she teleports


Tracer
Female
Sexy
Moves so fast that looks like she teleports. Yes she manipulates time, but when it comes to gameplay she is just super fast.

Zenimax, Bethesda, Id Software, Saber are business people and they want to get money, the best way to do that is to mimic successful formulas and just add a layer of fresh paint and call it a day.

But then again i hope you are right.



Mynx has always been sexy and fast, she came from Q3A, bro. Q3A was one of the first esports and still today nothing has came close to the speed and quick thinking required to play it. You don't even know what you're talking about.

Go play and Git Gud, scrub.

Share this post


Link to post
Flesh420 said:

Mynx has always been sexy and fast, she came from Q3A, bro. Q3A was one of the first esports and still today nothing has came close to the speed and quick thinking required to play it. You don't even know what you're talking about.

Go play and Git Gud, scrub.

Every character had the same speed in Quake 3 dude and even if that was the case how the hell would she be faster than Anarchy and Slash?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×